Falkirk v Airdrie

Saturday night and still buzzing.

Great feeling watching a performance like that.

Not a failure out there. Same team selection and 11 guys who worked their socks off for one another, for the fans and looked to have pride in the Diamond. What an engine Roberts has!

From the fans to the team today it felt like the good old days! Could we do it this year?

#believe

IMG_9w1frz.jpeg

You don't get many afternoons like that as an Airdrie fan. And by God we haven't had one in a long long time. But that was utterly superb. All we've ever asked for is the team to play with some heart, commitment and give everything for the diamond and they sure did that today. Probably best summed up by Roberts' (who I thought had a very good game throughout) run and tenacity to win the ball back before eventually being fouled. What a difference in this team to even the team we had last season. Was great to see how much it meant to them, Murray and of course us, the support, who were magnificent throughout. Atmosphere was first class. For all of Falkirk's possession, and Gomis ran the show for them, I didn't think they created too many clear cut chances  (aside from the numerous corners that they eventually scored from (my only minor! grumble). Having said that, in typical Airdrie fashion I thought if any team were to score a late winner it would be them. But the team weren't for giving up and good on them for going for it when it would have been easier to just play into the corner and play for the draw. Nice to see McKay get another goal and one of his long throw's finally come off. Kudos to Ian Murray too for sticking with the same team and again, for going for the win. 

How good is it to finally win a big game? 

Still not counting my chickens but I sure am delighted tonight. Won't make next week but here's hoping we go to Cliftonhill on the back of another win. 

Saturday night and still buzzing.

Great feeling watching a performance like that.

Not a failure out there. Same team selection and 11 guys who worked their socks off for one another, for the fans and looked to have pride in the Diamond. What an engine Roberts has!

From the fans to the team today it felt like the good old days! Could we do it this year?

#believe

IMG_9w1frz.jpeg.fe6083aec6e59481ee39df2a77a8e47e.jpeg

f**k sake lets not get carried away. Not even half way through the season

I've said before that if a team gets in our faces we can't go toe to toe with them and that's exactly what Airdrie did today and Clyde did a fortnight ago. Airdrie are a decent side and deserved their win. Fans were excellent too, although they let themselves down a bit with the R*ngers songs.

Alright, I’ll bite.

Airdrie fans were on very good form today. Only thing that could be “incorrectly” associated with that comment

To the tune of Marching Through Georgia

Hello Hello You Are The Airdrie Boys
Hello Hello You’ll know is by our noise
We’re up to our knees in Motherwell Blood
Surrender or you’ll die
We are the mental Airdrie Boys

Lots of clubs sing that. Man U, Killie, Dundee United etc. Rangers sing a very different lyric. That shouldn’t stop anyone else singing it.

I’m sure there was a thread about “we are the steeple” which burnt all of our eyes!

7 minutes ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Alright, I’ll bite.

Airdrie fans were on very good form today. Only thing that could be “incorrectly” associated with that comment

To the tune of Marching Through Georgia

Hello Hello You Are The Airdrie Boys
Hello Hello You’ll know is by our noise
We’re up to our knees in Motherwell Blood
Surrender or you’ll die
We are the mental Airdrie Boys

Lots of clubs sing that. Man U, Killie, Dundee United etc. Rangers sing a very different lyric. That shouldn’t stop anyone else singing it.

I’m sure there was a thread about “we are the steeple” which burnt all of our eyes!

Don’t mind the song tbh, dad’s a killie fan so know what the difference in meaning is.

What was with all the Union Jack flags though? Bit weird, was a big display for about 300 fans  

What is wrong with the Union flag in this country ?? , if we took foreign flags to games I could understand it , it’s the flag of the United Kingdom we take to games... if that’s a problem ... it’s yours not ours

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Don’t mind the song tbh, dad’s a killie fan so know what the difference in meaning is.

What was with all the Union Jack flags though? Bit weird, was a big display for about 300 fans  

Lol rather be with the 300 than with ur lot hardly a vocal support...... bit Spartan 

Oh the 300 lol 

Ooooffftt! Can of worms there as our own support is split on that!

There was a real mix of flags from what I’ve see. Some red and white saltires with Airdrie badges, some Union Flags (maybe 2) and a brilliant Donald Trump one. Looks a bit better than empty seats though!