Falkirk v Airdrie

33 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Where are all these posts that are out of context?   You're very sensitive.  Perhaps because you were beaten by another  "pub team" again?  Perhaps because  you thought your team would stroll the league and it isn't happening? Who knows. Anyway, I'll let you get on with wallowing in your self-pity.

Spot on!  I think that some of the Falkirk fans still think that this league is beneath them.  They are Falkirk and this is the seaside league.  Now they have been beaten at home (and beaten convincingly) by both Clyde and Airdrie.  So to beat Falkirk at home is well worth crowing about on here.  It might just give the Falkirk fans a sense of perspective.  And context!  Well done Airdrie!

2 hours ago, Fast_Action said:

Spot on!  I think that some of the Falkirk fans still think that this league is beneath them.  They are Falkirk and this is the seaside league.  Now they have been beaten at home (and beaten convincingly) by both Clyde and Airdrie.  So to beat Falkirk at home is well worth crowing about on here.  It might just give the Falkirk fans a sense of perspective.  And context!  Well done Airdrie!

Great win for Airdrie and thoroughly deserved from what I've seen but I don't think Falkirk supporters believe the league is beneath them. The general consensus is that with the budget and the players it has been a shitshow of a season and the team should be doing much better.  It is gross incompetence at all levels that has Falkirk here and with the relative resources and wages as a full time club we are stinking the place out. Mckinnons style of football is tepid piss.

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bizarre question put to Ian McShane in the post match interview. Basically asking him if it’s frustrating that teams come and sit back and let Falkirk try break them down. Why would teams do anything other than that?

Even worse, their last question is "Can we go and beat Dumbarton next weekend"? Is he meant to come out and say "Nah, thats us fucked for the season"?

As far as 'baw kickings' go, as a Falkirk supporter this barely registers on the 'baw-kicking-o-meter'.
I mean, well played and all that, but ffs get a sense of context.
Airdrie beat a team that was 2 point ahead of them in the league, a team that has no heart at all and are weighed down by easily the worst manager in the league (if not Scotland), and some of you lot are having a whip round for an open top bus.
I could see the point if we were playing well and were running away with the league, but the result wasn't completely unexpected. 
Finally found the fan who threw their scarf on when the 4th went in at Ochilview last year. Lovely.

Great win for Airdrie and thoroughly deserved from what I've seen but I don't think Falkirk supporters believe the league is beneath them. The general consensus is that with the budget and the players it has been a shitshow of a season and the team should be doing much better.  It is gross incompetence at all levels that has Falkirk here and with the relative resources and wages as a full time club we are stinking the place out. Mckinnons style of football is tepid piss.

Good post. If Falkirk fans have that frame of mind then they write off the rest of this league at their own peril. Arbroath did about the best job I’d seen in this league and they were miles ahead of Falkirk at this stage of the season. Another couple of poor-ish results and they could fall out of the playoff picture. And the payoffs could be a very iffy proposition with Thistle and Morton hanging around at the bottom of the Championship. f**k that. So while I still expect Falkirk to screw the nut and end up as either Champions or runners up, they need to show the kind of respect that’s due. Airdrie, Falkirk, Thistle, Raith and Morton could ALL be in this division next year!! Highly unlikely but possible and very scary. Would Falkirk fans expect an automatic win in a division that has all these teams who have played Premier league football (in living memory at least). Good luck to them but less of the seaside league or playing ‘Dobbers’

13 hours ago, Vimto90 said:
20 hours ago, BairnBrainBrian said:
As far as 'baw kickings' go, as a Falkirk supporter this barely registers on the 'baw-kicking-o-meter'.
I mean, well played and all that, but ffs get a sense of context.
Airdrie beat a team that was 2 point ahead of them in the league, a team that has no heart at all and are weighed down by easily the worst manager in the league (if not Scotland), and some of you lot are having a whip round for an open top bus.
I could see the point if we were playing well and were running away with the league, but the result wasn't completely unexpected. 

Finally found the fan who threw their scarf on when the 4th went in at Ochilview last year. Lovely.

How's Penny Cook getting on? Always thought she was a nice lassie. Mind you she may not be as nice as Lin Lithgow in a few weeks time!