Falkirk v Airdrie

Falkirk V Airdrie

A proper fixture. No offence to some of the clubs in this league....... but you are absolute muck and it makes me sick in my mouth that the once proud name of Airdrieonians has fallen to the extent that we’re established at this level [emoji8]

Always remember Falkirk bringing massive crowds to Broomfield and a massive Saltire flag being unfurled and moved round the Terrace to the Adam Avenue end and then being folded away.

Some great times at Brockville too. Couple of excellent Stevie Cooper performances stick in the mind.

Looking forward to this one.

Falkirk V Airdrie

A proper fixture. No offence to some of the clubs in this league....... but you are absolute muck and it makes me sick in my mouth that the once proud name of Airdrieonians has fallen to the extent that we’re established at this level [emoji8]

Always remember Falkirk bringing massive crowds to Broomfield and a massive Saltire flag being unfurled and moved round the Terrace to the Adam Avenue end and then being folded away.

Some great times at Brockville too. Couple of excellent Stevie Cooper performances stick in the mind.

Damn fine post.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be a generational thing, by the time I was kicking about the pubs and clubs, the Fear boys were pretty much renowned as being wee fannies who couldnt fight sleep.

aye probably...when i first started going it was more skinheads than casuals really.  Then as the 90s kicked in they seemed to 'evolve'(pretty sure that term doesnt work here!) into the more "dressing up in yer best gear" for the football type.   Did Hibs not come from and smash up the Argylle Bar once?  Sure I remember that...possibly a lot later on though.

Falkirk V Airdrie

Excellent post use to love going to broomfield

13 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

Falkirk V Airdrie

A proper fixture. No offence to some of the clubs in this league....... but you are absolute muck and it makes me sick in my mouth that the once proud name of Airdrieonians has fallen to the extent that we’re established at this level emoji8.png

Yep, watching Zico in his finest hour.... if he'd scored after that mazy run he'd be even more heroic.... Chris Waddle .. at Falkirk! .. spoke to him during the summer in Spain, he wouldn't fit in Brockvillle now .... a particularly greasy pie which actually had more grease than pie and immediately froze on ground contact..... and (as will cheer up Pesadilla) making a complete a**e of myself

Good times

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Must be a generational thing, by the time I was kicking about the pubs and clubs, the Fear boys were pretty much renowned as being wee fannies who couldnt fight sleep.

You must be a lot younger than me mate.

Boys I know are in their 40’s and 50’s now and were and mainly still are Falkirk daft and go home and away.

Certainly not ‘wee fannies’.

Boys I know are in their 40’s and 50’s now and were and mainly still are Falkirk daft and go home and away.
Anyone who identifies as a football casual and fights at football is a wee fanny. Its cut and dried. And when I was frequenting the town, despite rarely being involved in many scrapes myself, I knew enough about who was who at that time, and the Fear boys were most certainly nothing to fear. Just the way it was mate. But like I say, perhaps your generation is different

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Anyone who identifies as a football casual and fights at football is a wee fanny. Its cut and dried. And when I was frequenting the town, despite rarely being involved in many scrapes myself, I knew enough about who was who at that time, and the Fear boys were most certainly nothing to fear. Just the way it was mate. But like I say, perhaps your generation is different

Did you not offer to meet ‘Jagfox’ near Firhill last season ??

I’m not in a position to judge the lads your age mate, maybe they are all fannies.

The one’s I know are decent blokes and proper football fans.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did you not offer to meet ‘Jagfox’ near Firhill last season ??

I’m not in a position to judge the lads your age mate, maybe they are all fannies.

The one’s I know are decent blokes and proper football fans.

We all done fannyish things when we were young. Am sure they all grew out it. 

@jagfox99 I cant recall.... Did you have a lucky escape last year??

Away win.  Please.  I've seen far, far too many games where we've gone into them with a real chance to kick on with a big result and just not turned up.  We've failed in almost all of our big tests for years.  Time to change that.

Oh, and there will be denim jackets and nudging from the scoundrels in the Airdrie end.