Falkirk v Airdrie

Its only Sunday night, but lets face it. Yesterday was fucking harrowing so I personally have no issues with moving on swiftly.

Another turgid win by 1 or 2 goals IMO with the unbelievably welcome return of Gomis to give us something thats actually worth watching.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I am going to get absolutely fucking steaming before and after.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Its only Sunday night, but lets face it. Yesterday was fucking harrowing so I personally have no issues with moving on swiftly.

Another turgid win by 1 or 2 goals IMO with the unbelievably welcome return of Gomis to give us something thats actually worth watching.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I am going to get absolutely fucking steaming before* and after.**

* Required.

** Definitely required.

I've got the fear for this. The last couple of performances haven't just seen us not reach the levels that we should, IMO they've shown that some of the players don't look very fussed. Some of them just seem to be going through the motions.

To me this suggests that McKinnon may have lost the dressing room. Cammy Bell's weight points to this too as I don't think he was so out of condition at the start of the season?

McKinnon owes us a sexy performance here. Gomis coming back in to the middle of the park and not playing McManus on the fucking left wing should both be a big help. I'd also drop Bell for being a balloon and Durnan for being shite, lining up something like this...

Mutch

Doyle Toshney Buchanan Dixon

Connolly Telfer Gomis Longridge 

McManus Sammon

Bell, Durnan, MacLean, McShane, Tidser, McMillan, Johnstone

3-0 Falkirk - Longridge, Sammon & McManus

Crowd: 3,877

This is an interesting one for a change. Falkirk best home form in the league and Airdrie best away form in league.

Aclose encounter like last time with both teams not really going for it; in fear of being opened up.

Until Kurtis Robert's comes on @85 minutes and bursts the next with a 30 yard strike. 

0-1 Airdrie. 

This is an interesting one for a change. Falkirk best home form in the league and Airdrie best away form in league.
Aclose encounter like last time with both teams not really going for it; in fear of being opened up.
Until Kurtis Robert's comes on @85 minutes and bursts the next with a 30 yard strike. 
0-1 Airdrie. 

Would take this if it gets McKinnon the sack for two home defeats in a row

7 minutes ago, Eric the half a b said:

If Airdrie changes the formation or players from last couple of games it would be outrageous and we will get gubbed if he plays same system we will win 2 1

I don't think we have beaten Falkirk in the post 2002 period mainly because we have been in different Leagues. I think we met in 2012-13 but only managed one draw? Curiously when we did last beat them as Airdrieonians that was the season we "folded" after finishing 2nd to Thistle. Falkirk had been set for relegation  in 2nd bottom and so we "saved" them.  I agree we should play the same shape and personnel in this game.  I suspect a scoring draw would be a good result at this stage of the season.

I don't think we have beaten Falkirk in the post 2002 period mainly because we have been in different Leagues. I think we met in 2012-13 but only managed one draw? Curiously when we did last beat them as Airdrieonians that was the season we "folded" after finishing 2nd to Thistle. Falkirk had been set for relegation  in 2nd bottom and so we "saved" them.  I agree we should play the same shape and personnel in this game.  I suspect a scoring draw would be a good result at this stage of the season.
Many thanks

2 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
6 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Many thanks

You are welcome.  I used to like games at Brockville and I have been at the current stadium maybe three times, Like most of the box stadia it lacked that atmosphere. I think on one occasion we were in that wee temporary stand but expect our 100 fans to be behind a goal on Saturday? Have Falkirk really been as bad as many posters say?

You are welcome.  I used to like games at Brockville and I have been at the current stadium maybe three times, Like most of the box stadia it lacked that atmosphere. I think on one occasion we were in that wee temporary stand but expect our 100 fans to be behind a goal on Saturday? Have Falkirk really been as bad as many posters say?

Yes.

12 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Brockville was one of my favourite away days. Was always a good atmosphere at Falkirk v Airdrie games back in the day. 90mins of exchanging verbals up at the segregation fence. haha

Remember there was a Fear lad who had a cobweb tattoo on his face.

1 hour ago, Tory Boy said:

Brockville was one of my favourite away days. Was always a good atmosphere at Falkirk v Airdrie games back in the day. 90mins of exchanging verbals up at the segregation fence. haha

That was either geordie merrilees or Nos 😁

I remember that guy... scary looking fucker

Gomis in for McShane and a 2-0 win imo.
I agree based on theory, but McShane did McShane things better than Tidser did.... well anything on Saturday. I want Tidser in the team to push up higher and see what he can do in an attacking, and we need that more than we need the neat and tidy of McShane. Maybe Gomis being back allows that in which case fine, but he really needs to show something.

McShane gets far too hard a time from our fans for simply doing what he has done his entire career. Not his fault he isnt what we need IMO.