Mince Pie Watch 2019

Deviating from mince pies for a second, the king of Christmas treats is still the mini stollen bites that Lidl put out every year. I'm not even keen on stollen, but Lidl's ones are like crack.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Deviating from mince pies for a second, the king of Christmas treats is still the mini stollen bites that Lidl put out every year. I'm not even keen on stollen, but Lidl's ones are like crack.

Deviate to your own fucking thread, deviant.

Mince Pie Watch 2019: Waitrose & Partners All Butter Puff Pastry Mince Pies (oven required)

Oh my. Oh my, oh my. I don’t like hot fruit, I’m not a puff pastry fan, but OH MY SWEET LORD THESE ARE SUBLIME. Only negative is that the filling could be slightly sweeter.

2019 Pie Score: 9.5/10

82A90A9C-2283-493B-8AF3-858F40876BE0.jpeg

Also, what is stollen?
Oh, we have such sights to show you!

Some of it can be stinking, but pick up one of the baskets of mini stollen from Lidl. They're like wee fruity scone bricks with marzipan; presumably a traditional Christmas thing in Germany, the source of all things wholesome.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Some of it can be stinking, but pick up one of the baskets of mini stollen from Lidl. They're like wee fruity scone bricks with marzipan; presumably a traditional Christmas thing in Germany, the source of all things wholesome.

image.jpeg.5b25c2e543db6abff94408916ad364fa.jpeg

14 hours ago, mathematics said:

Mince Pie Watch 2019: Waitrose & Partners All Butter Puff Pastry Mince Pies (oven required)

Oh my. Oh my, oh my. I don’t like hot fruit, I’m not a puff pastry fan, but OH MY SWEET LORD THESE ARE SUBLIME. Only negative is that the filling could be slightly sweeter.

2019 Pie Score: 9.5/10

82A90A9C-2283-493B-8AF3-858F40876BE0.jpeg

Heat to eat.
That should lose a point IMO. I don't want to have to heat them. I'll heat them if i want to.

On 19/11/2019 at 08:24, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Stollen? Is that the marzipan stuff? If so, it’s fucking horrible. Straight in the bin after Xmas.

On 16/11/2019 at 12:24, mathematics said:

All in good time.

3A2600F9-CA2D-4AF0-88A7-A4663583BE6F.jpeg

Get them scoffed already!

Classic ones only. I’m not interested in the other novelty ones.

Have you sickened yourself of mince pies yet?

Edited by Scary Bear

12 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Stollen? Is that the marzipan stuff? If so, it’s fucking horrible. Straight in the bin after Xmas.

I've always defended you and Archer, despite your Fife proclivities, but that ends today.