Mince Pie Watch 2019

On 03/11/2019 at 18:35, Bairnardo said:

All Mince pies are fucking shite.

This is because "mincemeat" filling is an utter abomination.

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement, however, I had an Aldi or Lidl frangipan one the other day and it was smashing. 98% frangipan and 2% filling.

The filling in the Asda ones is pretty poor. Relative to Aldi Classic ones and Tesco ones I would rate them poorly. I’ll go 5/10.

I feel i’m being too kind. It was shite. Pastry was acceptable, but no more. Filling was awful. Change it to a 3/10. Not worth consuming.

Edited by Scary Bear

On 06/12/2019 at 22:55, Scary Bear said:

The filling in the Asda ones is pretty poor. Relative to Aldi Classic ones and Tesco ones I would rate them poorly. I’ll go 5/10.

I feel i’m being too kind. It was shite. Pastry was acceptable, but no more. Filling was awful. Change it to a 3/10. Not worth consuming.

Asda are fucking c***s.

On 05/12/2019 at 13:54, Bairnardo said:

Its not mince m8. Its a rancid concoction of things that used to be fruit.

This is why it only comes out at Christmas, so that like sprouts, people can pretend to like it in small doses once a year.

I concur.

MINCE PIE WATCH 2019 - Co-op Butter Enriched Mince Pie Granola

MPW was delighted to accept this out-of-the-box submission. Tasty granola, nice and chewy with a little hint of that mince pie flavour we all know and love. A little more flavour could have resulted in a higher score.

MPW2019 score - 7/10.

85E37A03-6946-40BA-B7EE-5148FA13D3E7.jpeg

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

MINCE PIE WATCH 2019 - Chocolate & Sour Cherry Crumble Mince Pies

I think that I’ve come to realise that I like my mince pies as classic as they come. All this frivolity is just so... deviant.

2019 Mince Pie Score - 5/10.

437E2360-75D7-4C5E-99C5-2D74B7BEE36F.jpeg

MInce pies with chocolate in just seems an abomination to me.

Has anyone tried these own brand from Waitrose... ?

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/waitrose-plum-honey-ginger-mince-pies-4-pack/583336-705109-705110

MINCE PIE WATCH 2019 - Chocolate & Sour Cherry Crumble Mince Pies
I think that I’ve come to realise that I like my mince pies as classic as they come. All this frivolity is just so... deviant.
2019 Mince Pie Score - 5/10.
437E2360-75D7-4C5E-99C5-2D74B7BEE36F.thumb.jpeg.0a816e9b7b3a4580e965d85b53e0d009.jpeg
The day that Heston freezes his fingers off with liquid nitrogen can't come soon enough imo.

I went in to my local Waitrose ( Weston super Mare ) a couple of days ago to get some of the Hestons jobs with Lemon Twist.  Out of stock since last week apparently, and

no more due in.   Meanwhile, piles of their Chocolate and Sour Cherry ones sit on the shelves...., looking like they can hardly give them away.

Think I'll head for Tesco...., those Courvoisier cognac pies look interesting.

Edited by beefybake

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

I went in to my local Waitrose ( Weston super Mare ) a couple of days ago to get some of the Hestons jobs with Lemon Twist.  Out of stock since last week apparently, and

no more due in.   Meanwhile, piles of their Chocolate and Sour Cherry ones sit on the shelves...., looking like they can hardly give them away.

Think I'll head for Tesco...., those Courvoisier cognac pies look interesting.

Weston-Super-Mare pie fans pay me for advance notice of the MPW results. You’ve got some work to do to get ahead of them.