Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

2 hours ago, The OP said:

You might want to subscribe to Netflix. It'll save you watching BT Sport 1 all day, imagining what might happen on BT Sport 1 in an alternative universe where two other teams are in the League Cup final. 

I will watch the game, but will give the "we've got our "old firm" back" sycophancy a wide swerve.  That's the point i made - if it involved ANY other team(s), then the programme would start at 2.55.

3 hours ago, hearthammer said:

The "build up" starts at 9.00a.m. with what seems to be guffy "old firm" shite, no doubt with ex-players and "celebrity" fans all offering their contributions.  The game itself is 3.00p.m.

Cant see any build u anywhere near that time on any of their channels.

9AF15BE7-7E75-4D0A-9217-18D473B7F48B.png

24 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

I will watch the game, but will give the "we've got our "old firm" back" sycophancy a wide swerve.  That's the point i made - if it involved ANY other team(s), then the programme would start at 2.55.

You’re better off not caring generally what the coverage would be in an alternative universe unless our universe’s coverage is somehow preventing you from seeing something you do want to see.

Edited by The OP

As always the proper way to watch these games as a non-Old Firm fan is to work out what the funniest outcome would be.  My assessmen tis that the following two options are the funniest.

- Thumping Celtic win.  All the optimism about Rangers is a bit tiresome and a solid 5-0 shallacking would nicely pop their bubble.  Celtic fans are already tiresomely arrogant so it's not going to change that much.  A massive heads gone from some of the stauncher members of Rangers squad is also a bonus feature from this outcome.  I don't even know if Andy Halliday still palys for them but he will probably manage to get sent off.

- Narrrow, controversial Rangers win.  It's always good to be rminded of the paranoia and strangeness inherent in our two biggest clubs and the premium option for this would be a late penalty for Rangers securing the cup, the softer the better.  We can then enjoy Celtic fans spending hours analysing close up footage of the pre-match handshakes to work out if the ref is a masonic brother and hiring private detectives to go through the bins of the linesman, searching for evidence of the conspiracy.

Our bus group chat was quite amusing the last day or two...

Host of folk posting they couldn't make tonight's game v Hamilton as they had various things on, cue the guy who runs the bus posting that those with Cup final tickets will be informed tonight and that this game goes towards the attendance record which, in turn dictates who is highest up and eligible for a ticket for Sunday...

Miraculously, most of those who couldn't make tonight have managed to rearrange their plans and can now make the Hamilton match...😂

Our bus group chat was quite amusing the last day or two...
Host of folk posting they couldn't make tonight's game v Hamilton as they had various things on, cue the guy who runs the bus posting that those with Cup final tickets will be informed tonight and that this game goes towards the attendance record which, in turn dictates who is highest up and eligible for a ticket for Sunday...
Miraculously, most of those who couldn't make tonight have managed to rearrange their plans and can now make the Hamilton match...[emoji23]
BFITW

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

The lodge not have BT ?

I'm not involved in any lodge.

I was of course being sarcastic the other day. I will be watching this match with interest along with the overwhelming majority of Scottish football fans including those who would try and tell you that they have no interest in this fixture.

I'm not involved in any lodge.
I was of course being sarcastic the other day. I will be watching this match with interest along with the overwhelming majority of Scottish football fans including those who would try and tell you that they have no interest in this fixture.

You will be watching it because you are a smelly ***

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You will be watching it because you are a smelly ***

I'm not, as you know, but I will be watching it because this fixture interests me. Just like you'll be watching, for the same reason. :)

Edited by MJC