Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

Apart from winning every league title, going further in Europe than y’all, winning some cups and a referee screwing us out of a semi.

I must have imagined Celtic park being half full on numerous occasions........

There's a very good reason why Lawwell and the Celtic BoD's are doing their best to ignore Resolution 12.

Don't take it personally, it's football, it's built on local rivalries. Any Club would suffer if their historical rivals disappeared.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

I must have imagined Celtic park being half full on numerous occasions........

There's a very good reason why Lawwell and the Celtic BoD's are doing their best to ignore Resolution 12.

Don't take it personally, it's football, it's built on local rivalries. Any Club would suffer if their historical rivals disappeared.

We also didn’t fill Hampden semis when the **** existed. You have a very simplistic post hoc ergo propter hoc mind but at least you say “half full” like a true optimist.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

We also didn’t fill Hampden semis when the **** existed. You have a very simplistic post hoc ergo propter hoc mind but at least you say “half full” like a true optimist.

My argument isn't that Celtic need a Rangers* to survive, they don't, but they do need one to thrive.

Your Chairman/BoD's aren't going to sanction £9m purchases of the like of Eduard or £7m on Julien simply because they won't need to in order to beat the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs. They won't take this gamble on the hope of making the UCL group stages either. This in turn will be seen negatively by the supporters, many of whom will lose interest (as seen 2012-16) and attendances will fall off.

A genuine no-lose situation for the neutral/casual viewer this:

1. Celtic win = a likely additional entry in the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread and continued pain and suffering for the ***s at the hands of their great rivals. 

or

2. Rangers win = a first major trophy, in a final, against Celtic which will cause some stunning meltdowns from their fans. 

Number 2 would probably result in greater P&B meltdown potential, however I'd still prefer number 1. If there's a level beyond which Rangers fans suffering is no longer funny, I don't think I'm anywhere close to reaching it. 

1. Celtic win = a likely additional entry in the Chronicles of the Banter Years thread and continued pain and suffering for the ***s at the hands of their great rivals. 
or
2. Rangers win = a first major trophy, in a final, against Celtic which will cause some stunning meltdowns from their fans. 
Number 2 would probably result in greater P&B meltdown potential, however I'd still prefer number 1. If there's a level beyond which Rangers fans suffering is no longer funny, I don't think I'm anywhere close to reaching it. 
The level you describe is getting into the realms of theoretical science. Its probably possible on paper, but it couldnt exist for more than a millionth of a millionth of a second.

Given the sectarian tension attached to this fixture it’s probably not helpful to have people posting in Latin

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

or

Big team found.

And so it starts.... The celtic supporters association....

We had something like 36,000 supporters at Hampden, more than half will not get a ticket for the final due to Sevco, that is shocking, Hampden is not fit for purpose, it has never been fit for purpose since the decision was taken to rebuild the stadium as all seated with a capacity of only 50,000, Celtic have more season ticket holders than the whole of Hampden holds. Fergus McCann strongly opposed the project, but as usual was not supported.

The Celtic supporters suffer greatly in other aspects of Hampden, for instance you can’t use the train to go there, especially if we are playing against Sevco, albeit this is their first ever final against Celtic, and only their second in the short existence. The last couple of years going to Hampden as a Celtic supporter has been a nightmare no matter what mode of transport you use, and we should know, this will be our 14th appearance in a row, as we go for our 10th Trophy in a row.

But for me the biggest disappointment will be that it will not be what it should be, and that is “An Enjoyable Experience”. Because of who we are playing some supporters won’t go at all. Others won’t take their kids, even if they can get a ticket. And why is that? Because everyone knows we will be treated to about 2 hours of Sectarian and Racist bile from their so-call football supporters. This is not a UEFA competition, so it will business as usual for their mob, they don’t know any other way.

This is a competition ran by the SPFL, they have been complicit along with the SFA to turning a blind eye to all the goings-on over in Govan, and I don’t see that changing. Operation stop the ten is in full flow, they are desperate for Sevco to win their first ever major trophy, and they will do all in their power to try to succeed. It will be very interesting to see who get the job of refereeing the final, one thing is sure, it won’t be anyone with a liking for Celtic Football Club. But there is a bit to go yet, and as I said, if we play to our capabilities, and they don’t get too many penalties, we will win.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

And so it starts.... The celtic supporters association....

We had something like 36,000 supporters at Hampden, more than half will not get a ticket for the final due to Sevco, that is shocking, Hampden is not fit for purpose, it has never been fit for purpose since the decision was taken to rebuild the stadium as all seated with a capacity of only 50,000, Celtic have more season ticket holders than the whole of Hampden holds. Fergus McCann strongly opposed the project, but as usual was not supported.

The Celtic supporters suffer greatly in other aspects of Hampden, for instance you can’t use the train to go there, especially if we are playing against Sevco, albeit this is their first ever final against Celtic, and only their second in the short existence. The last couple of years going to Hampden as a Celtic supporter has been a nightmare no matter what mode of transport you use, and we should know, this will be our 14th appearance in a row, as we go for our 10th Trophy in a row.

But for me the biggest disappointment will be that it will not be what it should be, and that is “An Enjoyable Experience”. Because of who we are playing some supporters won’t go at all. Others won’t take their kids, even if they can get a ticket. And why is that? Because everyone knows we will be treated to about 2 hours of Sectarian and Racist bile from their so-call football supporters. This is not a UEFA competition, so it will business as usual for their mob, they don’t know any other way.

This is a competition ran by the SPFL, they have been complicit along with the SFA to turning a blind eye to all the goings-on over in Govan, and I don’t see that changing. Operation stop the ten is in full flow, they are desperate for Sevco to win their first ever major trophy, and they will do all in their power to try to succeed. It will be very interesting to see who get the job of refereeing the final, one thing is sure, it won’t be anyone with a liking for Celtic Football Club. But there is a bit to go yet, and as I said, if we play to our capabilities, and they don’t get too many penalties, we will win.

Poor Joe getting the excuses in early...

19 hours ago, The OP said:

Apart from winning every league title, going further in Europe than y’all, winning some cups and a referee screwing us out of a semi.

Tbf on the cup front there was a remarkable sharing-around of trophies during 2010s... more different non-OF clubs have won a cup than any decade in history, with 9 different clubs succeeding - and more total wins than any decade in history except for 1950s:

1939-40 to 1948-49*        8 cups       6 clubs ... Aberdeen (2), East Fife, Hibs (2), Motherwell, Partick, St Mirren
1949-50 to 1958-59       14 cups       8 clubs ... Aberdeen, Clyde (2), Dundee (2), East Fife (2), Falkirk, Hearts (3), Motherwell (2), St Mirren
1959-60 to 1968-69          4 cups       2 clubs ... Dunfermline (2), Hearts (2)
1969-70 to 1978-79          5 cups       4 clubs ... Aberdeen (2), Dundee, Hibs, Partick
1979-80 to 1988-89          8 cups       3 clubs ... Aberdeen (5), Dundee Utd (2), St Mirren
1989-90 to 1998-99          8 cups       7 clubs ... Aberdeen (2), Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Raith
1999-00 to 2008-09          3 cups       3 clubs ... Hearts, Hibs, Livingston
2009-10 to 2018-19          9 cups       9 clubs ... Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Hibs, Inverness, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, St Mirren, Ross County
*there was no League Cup in 1939-40

Edited by HibeeJibee

24 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Which Rangers fans site should I scour for amusing ramblings? Blue Order or Union Bears?

No, in fact, I can’t be arsed.

Sauce for the goose.....

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Bennett loves a cut and paste so he does the big gobshite.

Too good not to post Mags.

Surely you guys can vote him out of his supporters  association  position?

13 minutes ago, bennett said:

Too good not to post Mags.

Surely you guys can vote him out of his supporters  association  position?

My bus is part of the Affiliation of CSC's, a separate entity from the Association of CSC's* which he is part of so nothing to do with my bus, for what it's worth his post is a bit cringeworthy and 'Sellick da' material but, bearing  in mind he is a supporters representative it's still nowhere near as fucking embarrassing as some of the official statements made by your actual club.

*Main difference being the Affiliation get a better block allocation of away tickets than the association, me personally for example have had a ticket for 2 of the 3 Ibrox fixtures since the Lying King fucking ruined the fixture for both away supports.

My bus is part of the Affiliation of CSC's, a separate entity from the Association of CSC's* which he is part of so nothing to do with my bus, for what it's worth his post is a bit cringeworthy and 'Sellick da' material but, bearing  in mind he is a supporters representative it's still nowhere near as fucking embarrassing as some of the official statements made by your actual club.

*Main difference being the Affiliation get a better block allocation of away tickets than the association, me personally for example have had a ticket for 2 of the 3 Ibrox fixtures since the Lying King fucking ruined the fixture for both away supports.
People's front of Judea type post.