Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

Can't believe I'm even typing this as usually I'll do the opposite, but I think I'll probably be rooting for the sevconians in this game, just to stop Sellick's reign of terror in winning everything in Scottish football.

Will not be watching it anyway, f**k that.

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Can't believe I'm even typing this as usually I'll do the opposite, but I think I'll probably be rooting for the sevconians in this game, just to stop Sellick's reign of terror in winning everything in Scottish football.

Will not be watching it anyway, f**k that.

Likewise.

Rangers winning a League Cup? So f**k.

Celtic's reign of dominance slowly falling away piece by piece in time for them to blow ten in a row?

Yes please. Scheming.png.e25e7f9f889896661a7da13423f9a2fc.png

Edited by HibsFan

Just now, Snifter Pee Rot said:

You got Sevcoitis or somethin? Celtic blow 10iar it means Sevco are champions. 

The best of the realistic scenarios is as followed:

Celtic win the title this season. They need one more title to reach the mythical ten in a row (a concept they invented to keep things interesting in the 60/70s).

Rangers spend even more money trying to stop Celtic from reaching said mythical ten in a row (a concept they latched onto to keep things interesting in the 90s).

Celtic are pipped to the title by Rangers, ideally in Helicopter Sunday/Masonic refereeing shenanigans that causes a meltdown.

Rangers have "55", but the debts they have racked up are too great and they are forced into administration/liquidation in the course of the next season.

Rangers back to the seaside leagues, Celtic fans throwing themselves off those shitey Weegie box pubs like lemmings, everybody wins. camface.gif.834046f6bcad3d67b1ddec0f67bd2433.gif

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

18th December 1961 - Rangers 3-1 Hearts (replay)
15th December 1973 - Dundee 1-0 Celtic
12th December 1979 - Dundee United 3-0 Aberdeen (replay)
9th December 1972 - Hibs 2-1 Celtic
8th December 1979 - Dundee United 0-0 Aberdeen

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

You can't leave it on a cliffhanger, how did the 1979 final end?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

United won the replay at Dens Park. 

:lol:

44 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

That 1973 final was played in the middle of the 3 day week in force at that point due to power shortages caused by various strikes, game was played early afternoon on a quagmire Hampden pitch, Gordon Wallace of Dundee scoring the only goal against Celtic in front of a sparse crowd of about 20,000.

Three Day Week itself didn't start until January 1974 but it was during that winter and the OPEC crisis. Both of the Semi-finals were postponed for bad weather and generators were used to run Hampden's floodlights so they could be rearranged for midweek evenings. Nevertheless only 4,682 made it to see Dundee v Kilmarnock. Rather more Glaswegians managed along to OF derby although 54,864 was still only half the anticipated crowd... By the time of the Final only 10 days later (it was still a Saturday) non-essential use of generators had been banned, so kickoff was 1:30pm, and with continued bad weather and transport shortages only 27,924 saw the game.

Interestingly it set the lowest crowd for any Scottish or League Cup final since Edwardian times and has only been 'worsted' by that 1979 Aberdeen v Dundee Utd final... also blighted by terrible weather... and its replay and next edition, which were held at Dens Park.

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

It's quite simple folks, divide and rule. As we saw from 2012-2016, Get rid of Rangers* and Celtic wither at the bone. 

Apart from winning every league title, going further in Europe than y’all, winning some cups and a referee screwing us out of a semi.

Edited by The OP