Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

54 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Unlike a lot of other people on here, I don't find you and your posts quite as tedious and frankly fucking interminably boring.

You make some good points from time to time about the Old Firm + coefficients etc. that I agree with.

But on this one, I can't even begin to make sense of your logic.

Once it's an Old Firm final, which we've known it was going to be since 3rd November, what exactly can you hope for/expect?

There were a handful of outcomes that could've happened yesterday, I'll rank them in my order of preference for you:

1) Celtic break Rangers' hearts with a completely undeserved win, and a controversial goal scored for good measure, Ryan Jack is in tears at FT. Optimal outcome.

2) Celtic batter Rangers, shattering their delusions of it being close between them. Less palatable as it makes Celtic fans happier.

3) Rangers beat Celtic with a completely ludicrously unfair winner that plays into Celtic's conspiracies about masonic referees etc.

4) Rangers batter Celtic, which would just be pretty weird and I don't really have any feelings towards, so it's going in the middle.

5) Celtic see Rangers off 2-0 in a dull as dishwater final that doesn't really prove much at all.

6) Vice versa.

I'd be delighted to hear how you would have circumvented yesterday and come up with an outcome that satisfies everyone outwith Glasgow.

The reality is, you can't. Once Celtic and Rangers are playing each other in a final, you've got limited options and them's the facts.

I prefer a monopoly in domestic cups that any non-OF club could break over a relentless duopoly between Celtic and Rangers.

The pain of Rangers fans year after year far outweighs Celtic winning everything in sight (and their fans slowly getting more and more bored of it).

I've already said that the posts I found irksome were not those that chuckled over Ryan Jack.  It was the ones that joined in the Celtic celebrations that got my goat, and there were a good few of those that fans of clubs other than Celtic either provided or lapped up.  

Obviously, people are free to do so, just as I'm free to criticise it.

I've already said that the posts I found irksome were not those that chuckled over Ryan Jack.  It was the ones that joined in the Celtic celebrations that got my goat, and there were a good few of those that fans of clubs other than Celtic either provided or lapped up.  
This is what was in my head when I read that

https://streamable.com/3ld85

17 minutes ago, The OP said:

Surprised at how many **** seemed to leave early yesterday, given they were 1-0 down against 10 men with 6 mins of injury time and most of the ball. Big gaps in their end well before the final whistle.

It's an extra long walk to the subway from Hampden. 

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

As distasteful and self defeating as it feels I want Celtic to beat Rangers* at every opportunity in the hope that they disappear for good next time. Obviously this is only because of the absence of any non OF challenge.

Getting rid of Rangers* sees Celtic regress significantly as we saw from 2012-16 and offers more hope of a realistic challenge to the other Clubs.

12 minutes ago, sjc said:

As distasteful and self defeating as it feels I want Celtic to beat Rangers* at every opportunity in the hope that they disappear for good next time. Obviously this is only because of the absence of any non OF challenge.

Getting rid of Rangers* sees Celtic regress significantly as we saw from 2012-16 and offers more hope of a realistic challenge to the other Clubs.

I agree that Rangers' liquidation was excellent for Scottish football, as it removed that ogre while diminishing the other.  

However, there's no indication whatever that a similar fate awaits this incarnation of Rangers.  Celtic beating them on Sunday there had no bearing at all on the chances of such an event, which remain negligible at this point.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

I agree that Rangers' liquidation was excellent for Scottish football, as it removed that ogre while diminishing the other.  

However, there's no indication whatever that a similar fate awaits this incarnation of Rangers.  Celtic beating them on Sunday there had no bearing at all on the chances of such an event, which remains negligible at this point.

True, but we can but hope.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

However, there's no indication whatever that a similar fate awaits this incarnation of Rangers.  Celtic beating them on Sunday there had no bearing at all on the chances of such an event, which remain negligible at this point.

You can't see them throwing even more money in to the bonfire after that?

Lots of sevco fans claiming that Brown was singing “Merry Christmas f**k the ****” on Sunday night. Sadly it looks like it’s not true

Lots of Sevco fans and Keef “Wee Blondette” Jackson claimed that every single Sevco player were assaulted by exuberant Hibs fans at Hampden in 2016.
It’s The Hurting **** Playbook after every Hampden humiliation.
Fück the ****.