Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Collectively, Celtic were shit.  If the defence was that good, they wouldn't have gifted Rangers so many chances.  Morelos being terrible and Forster being excellent stopped it being a rout.  

Celtic created absolutely nothing until Edouard came on.

they had a lot of half chances, Morelos was swinging at everything.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Lots of Celtic love from lots of diddies in evidence tonight.

As bad as what MJC offers.

This was a lose;lose.  

You wouldn't know it to read this thread though.

delicious

tenor.gif

Can someone at the Rangers please send a memo to the players to stop blessing themselves when they're on the telly, they're all at it and it offends my protestant eyes.

Oh, and can I just say the acceptance of all religions now at their new club is commendable, obviously the Croatian flag would never have appeared at the old British, brogues and handshakes club.

Edited by Skinheed

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Rangers panicked after they missed the penalty. They immediately started punting crosses in from 30 yards out which played completely into Celtic's hands as Morelos or Defoe were never going to win those kind of balls over Celtic's centre-backs. Every time they punted it and lost it Celtic had the chance to win a foul and waste a few minutes by getting treatment. They still had half an hour to play and should have been looking to build attacks but went too direct too soon. That is where I think they lack a bit of leadership on the park. And where the issue of not having won anything arises. A side who are used to winning would have the confidence to be patient, knowing they'll get their chance.

All that said, Celtic's goal shouldn't have counted, the missed penalty should have been re-taken, Morelos had a nightmare and Forster had a superb match to keep Celtic in it.

Have seen a few people say that. His heel can't be any more than a few millimetres ahead of the line - by the letter of the law that's a retake, but you literally never see them being given. It's not like it's some glaringly obvious one where he's halfway to the taker.

I didn't think Morelos actually played all that badly either - he was an absolute pest to the Celtic defence and at least a couple of the chances he missed were quite unlucky. He lost the head after the penalty miss though.

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 00.26.33.png

Have seen a few people say that. His heel can't be any more than a few millimetres ahead of the line - by the letter of the law that's a retake, but you literally never see them being given. It's not like it's some glaringly obvious one where he's halfway to the taker.
I didn't think Morelos actually played all that badly either - he was an absolute pest to the Celtic defence and at least a couple of the chances he missed were quite unlucky. He lost the head after the penalty miss though.

1240632725_ScreenShot2019-12-09at00_26_33.thumb.png.a82989a2e6df9658c71ab0cf064b89a4.png
Happened on Saturday at East End Park, it was marginal too and Nisbet scored retake.

Was one of they games that happen from time to time, ive seen rangers steal games like that and ive seen it happen to us previous, it'll happen again, we just need to carry on

As for the goal and the penalty, thems the breaks, forster played well, the type of performances that bring about a penalty save

As for VAR, still naw from me, we lost today when it could have helped, but footballs all about the 50/50 decisions that we can "discuss" with others, remove that and football is boring as f**k at times

As for the resident celtic fans, enjoy the win you b*****ds 😂😂