Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

5 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Nah this is nonsense.

Lennon has successfully changed the style from Rodgers (who was a very hard act to follow). He's been unbelievably successful in Europe and they're on track domestically. This is a good Celtic team but they didn't really turn up today, and yet still got the job done (somehow).Rangers have pulled level with Celtic - the game just didn't go their way today. That's football mate, it doesn't mean there's some sorry of big psychological hurdle, no matter what the media say.

Yes you give Celtic credit for grinding it out but they were very, very lucky today. The goal celebration was obviously longer than normal, the Jack injury took ages, and there was a fair bit of commotion around the penalty. Presumably there was also substitutions and a bit of Celtic time wasting.

6 minutes was not ridiculous. Very harsh.

That was a really entertaining game of football, an old school final that I fair enjoyed.

I don’t think anyone can say that Rangers have pulled level with Celtic until they actually win something. Celtic were crap today but they still won.

3 hours ago, Tynierose said:

And yet again shows he knows nothing about football.

Celtic were average at best and only a Rick Stewart like performance from the keeper and the duds dreadful finishing saw them over the line.

Im going out for dinner shortly with a group of chums, two of whom follow the deidco.  I'm going to enjoy this evening.

I hear succulent Lamb is tonights special .....

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Reminded me of watching a Tommy Burns Celtic team dominate against us but come crashing up against an unbeatable Andy Goram. 

Gutted. 

Heard a few people say that today.  As good as we could play under Tommy, I don't recall dominating in such a manner as we saw from rangers today. 

It turns out that goals against any of the other 40 league teams other than Celtic, according to Super Ally.

Morelos is yet to score a goal against Celtic, and club legend Ally McCoist feels he needs to step up his efforts.

Speaking after the match he said: "If you want to be a top-class Rangers striker you need to score against Celtic."

Just as big a fanny as a pundit as he was as a manager

It turns out that goals against any of the other 40 league teams other than Celtic, according to Super Ally.

Morelos is yet to score a goal against Celtic, and club legend Ally McCoist feels he needs to step up his efforts.

Speaking after the match he said: "If you want to be a top-class Rangers striker you need to score against Celtic."

He is speaking in the context of a Rangers fan, ie a thicko breed who define themselves completely using the other cheek as a yardstick.

He is absolutely correct in what he says. The average Rangers fan cares about nothing except Celtic and vice versa.

Rangers panicked after they missed the penalty. They immediately started punting crosses in from 30 yards out which played completely into Celtic's hands as Morelos or Defoe were never going to win those kind of balls over Celtic's centre-backs. Every time they punted it and lost it Celtic had the chance to win a foul and waste a few minutes by getting treatment. They still had half an hour to play and should have been looking to build attacks but went too direct too soon. That is where I think they lack a bit of leadership on the park. And where the issue of not having won anything arises. A side who are used to winning would have the confidence to be patient, knowing they'll get their chance.

All that said, Celtic's goal shouldn't have counted, the missed penalty should have been re-taken, Morelos had a nightmare and Forster had a superb match to keep Celtic in it.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 minute ago, laughing gravie said:

I kinda think I can work out what you’re saying but (if I’m right) a top class striker scores in games which decide trophies and championships. Tbf to morelos he can score in europe which Fatty Boyd could never do  (in addition to his woeful record against Celtic).

Celtic had much more will to win and better football knowledge. Simple as that.
That's just daft.

Yes Celtic showed a lot of grit but rangers did everything but score. They had a huge will to win and I've got no idea what football knowledge is even supposed to mean.

Ultimately it just so happened that all the big chances fell to the one guy, who despite playing very well, didn't get the job done. It took a huge performance from the keeper as well - but Morelos just had one of those days.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

That's just daft.

Yes Celtic showed a lot of grit but rangers did everything but score. They had a huge will to win and I've got no idea what football knowledge is even supposed to mean.

Ultimately it just so happened that all the big chances fell to the one guy, who despite playing very well, didn't get the job done. It took a huge performance from the keeper as well - but Morelos just had one of those days.

#Whoosh

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's just daft.

@wastecoatwilly