Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

Rangers* losing the Cup Final despite dominating the game.

Spoiler

1499239392_images(14).jpeg.777be73e4e54c9c0d9c6d9c30591182b.jpeg

Rangers* losing the Cup Final to 10 men.

Spoiler

Rangers* losing the Cup Final and Morelos missing a penalty.

Spoiler

Rangers* losing the Cup Final to an offside goal.

Spoiler

Rangers* losing the Cup Final and being denied a stonewall penalty.

Spoiler

Rangers* losing the Cup Final and Ryan Jack's in tears at FT.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

Thought I was watching One Man & His Dog with that c**t whistling continually. Hope he gets a punch in the throat, whoever he is.

I nearly got to the stage where I was hoping the Sevco fans would ramp up the sectarian song book just to drown the Cnut out. Yes, I said nearly!!

6 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Wee Alfnedo just can't score against Celtic, only diddy sides and struggling Eredivsie misfits like Feyernoord. I don't see any crumbs to takeaway for Slippard btw. That was the worst Celtic could play against them ever and they had 30 mins with an extra man and missed a pen. Go home ya **** 

Have to agree. A very poor Celtic team and they’ve won 10 trophies in a row. Not a great place for our game mate.

26 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Celtic were absolute shite. Fraser Forster was outstanding, which isn't really surprising as he's an excellent keeper. 

All round enjoyable match seeing the **** capitulate yet again. 

can't be "absolute shite" if one of our players was "outstanding".

defensively we were good, only moment of really bad defending was when we gave the penalty away but the wee man will learn from that I am sure 

Nah he’s a shit manager. He’s playing Morgan as a striker when he’s not capable of it.
The guys a diddy who’s lucky to have inherited a very good team from a very good gaffer.
Morgan played there in previous games (including one in the Europa League) and did fine. You can't really blame Lennon for expecting more from him today.

Celtic were awful today. Rangers by far the better team. However, Rangers (Morelos) bottled their big chance. Equalise then and you had to fancy Rangers to win it against 10 men. As it was they hardly laid a glove on Celtic in the last 25-30 minutes. Celtic were much better with 10 men. 
There is no doubt that Rangers have improved progressively since Gerrard came in. However, clearly they aren’t quite good enough to overcome what ultimately was a poor Celtic side. They will point to the goal, which did seem offside. However, they did miss too many chances, including the penalty. It was a decent enough save but was a poor penalty to be honest. 
all in all, it was a poor game but I’m sure Celtic fans won’t care. 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
39 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Nah he’s a shit manager. He’s playing Morgan as a striker when he’s not capable of it.
The guys a diddy who’s lucky to have inherited a very good team from a very good gaffer.

Morgan played there in previous games (including one in the Europa League) and did fine. You can't really blame Lennon for expecting more from him today.

there's a big difference between playing in a front 3 to playing up top on your own.

4231 only works when you have a player capable of taking and keeping the ball under pressure up front. 

Morgan isn't a bad player, but his first touch isn't  one of his best assets and TBH i don't know how Lenny can't see that. 

Celtic were awful today. Rangers by far the better team. However, Rangers (Morelos) bottled their big chance. Equalise then and you had to fancy Rangers to win it against 10 men. As it was they hardly laid a glove on Celtic in the last 25-30 minutes. Celtic were much better with 10 men. 
There is no doubt that Rangers have improved progressively since Gerrard came in. However, clearly they aren’t quite good enough to overcome what ultimately was a poor Celtic side. They will point to the goal, which did seem offside. However, they did miss too many chances, including the penalty. It was a decent enough save but was a poor penalty to be honest. 
all in all, it was a poor game but I’m sure Celtic fans won’t care. 

9 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Which one ?   3 to choose from. 

Where did Gollum find an extra 6 minutes from in that second half BTW  ? 

Quite a few players required treatment during the second half. 

30 minutes ago, Booker-T said:

can't be "absolute shite" if one of our players was "outstanding".

defensively we were good, only moment of really bad defending was when we gave the penalty away but the wee man will learn from that I am sure 

There were a few comedy moments in the Celtic defence today, not just one.