Celtic v the Rangers (League cup final)

Romeo

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Am I right in thinking that Ryan Jack has won more major Scottish silverware than the rest of the Rangers team combined, and that was when he lifted this trophy in an Aberdeen shirt?

Are you not counting ‘the Blue Cafu’ winning the Petrofac Cup as Major Silverware?

No laughing at the back

Rangers were the far better team but Celtic’s winning mentality is brilliant.
I think over the next couple of years Lennon will take Celtic backwards though from what BR was doing.
Lennon is a diddy and very lucky to have that job.
Rodgers was already taking them backwards.

14 minutes ago, bennett said:

We were never going to break a down a well marshalled ten man defence, who closed down our players and gave them very little room. To beat the invincibles we needed space to exploit and we were denied that.

More naivety from us and until we stop chasing games, we won't be winning anything. 

Only a couple of things wrong with that post. You continually broke down a ten man defence that was all over the shop, and you missed around 6 one on ones. (And you also didn’t score a penalty)

Just now, energyzone said:
10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Rangers were the far better team but Celtic’s winning mentality is brilliant.
I think over the next couple of years Lennon will take Celtic backwards though from what BR was doing.
Lennon is a diddy and very lucky to have that job.

Rodgers was already taking them backwards.

Difficult to go forward from the season when they were unbeaten tbh.

2 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Bringing on Defoe and losing the extra man from the midfield definitely didn’t help in this regard. It condensed your players and the available space further which suited Celtic perfectly. As you say very tactically naive and desperate from Gerrard.

You're right, I thought it was a bit of a panic move at the time.

It's like the later years of 9 in a row in reverse now.

4 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Are you not counting ‘the Blue Cafu’ winning the Petrofac Cup as Major Silverware?

No laughing at the back

I've watched Brechin play in the final of that competition.

Just let that sink in.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Only a couple of things wrong with that post. You continually broke down a ten man defence that was all over the shop, and you missed around 6 one on ones. (And you also didn’t score a penalty)

Their defenders closed down well, gave us very little room and most of our shots were snatched at in a crowded box. It suited celtics game plan. 

Very little space to exploit upfront and left exposed at the back too often.  Really naive stuff from us.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Have we ever played a team who played well? Every team we go against,  they're always labelled as shite.

We were never going to break a down a well marshalled ten man defence, who closed down our players and gave them very little room. To beat the invincibles we needed space to exploit and we were denied that.

More naivety from us and until we stop chasing games, we won't be winning anything. 

I wonder Vicky, do most members realise the clown act is an act.

I agree with your post above however the average fan wont. They will think that Gerry was unlucky cause Rangers compressed Celtic narrowly into their own third and press forced them to play long balls and that with all the "chances" created Rangers should have won.... totally forgetting that only one long ball has to stick with Rangers midfield being too far forward. Rangers didn't know when working tactics that Morgan would be the CF and struggle with direct balls and that the Rangers chances created, although numerous were not absolute stick ons. If a fit French Eddy started it would have been more than 1-0

Missing the penalty and his all round behaviour probably cost Rangers and Alfredo big for the upcoming transfer window. 

I think Lenny fucked up today as well.... not in playing Morgan, but in going back to 3 players behind a striker. Morgan works well in a front 3, but alone he just doesn't function playing up front alone. Mikey has the exact same problem.