Celtic v Motherwell

Will Stephen Robinson still be Motherwell gaffer for this one with the rumour mill linking him with the Hearts job in overdrive just now?

A weary Celtic fresh from a tough away day in Europe to, hopefully eek out a drama free 2-0 with goals from Forrest and Eduoard.

Picking up two home wins following our trip to Ibrox was tremendous for us. It means there is very little pressure on us and this is essentially a free hit. 

I would like to see us go with a similar set up as we did at Ibrox. Get another centre half in, sacrifice the wide men and go with Cole & Long up top. 

Celtic are a million miles ahead of anyone in this league, and although I think we'll give it a good go and score, they'll have too much for us in the end. 

Celtic 3-1 Motherwell

It's funny how our support actually doesn't give a flying fook about playing Celtic or Rangers any more. It's not even the fact we'll get pumped a few goals and have very little chance of winning , that's been the norm for the last 40 odd years I've been going.  Celtic park used to be one of my favourite away games , took my son there to his first away game aged six to see us win 1 nil  when Fergus McCann had just took over. The defeats never took away the anticipation of being there to witness beating them on their own patch. Now its like trip to the dentist , you know you've got to go but you want it over and done  with asap . Nobody goes cos the shite we endure from the arsehole stewards.  Probably  4-1  to  them witnessed by 127 brave folk from  the shire.

Edited by Mr Pikey

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

It's funny how our support actually doesn't give a flying fook about playing Celtic or Rangers any more. It's not even the fact we'll get pumped a few goals and have very little chance of winning , that's been the norm for the last 40 odd years I've been going.  Celtic park used to be one of my favourite away games , took my son there to his first away game aged six to see us win 1 nil  when Fergus McCann had just took over. The defeats never took away the anticipation of being there to witness beating them on their own patch. Now its like trip to the dentist , you know you've got to go but you want it over and done  with asap . Nobody goes cos the shite we endure from the arsehole stewards.  Probably  4-1  to  them witnessed by 127 brave folk from  the shire.

There was a point where Motherwell supporters just stopped doing Ibrox and Parkhead in numbers - if you look at the support we had on Fergus McCann day - or at Ibrox during the same period, it seems mad* that now we can take 1200  to a midweek Betfred group game at Dumbarton and probably a fifth of that to a league game against Celtic. 

On the game - Desp is right - a free hit with a bit of hope that we turn in a competitive performance like we did at Ibrox.

Spoiler

It's not mad at all of course - Parkhead is the worst away day in the league by a distance and everyone got fucked off with it.

No interest in actually going to the game.

Been a fantastic week from us, with 2 wins from the games against Killie and Livi, which set up both Rangers away, and this one away being effectively "free hits" as others have stated. 

As much as it is a free hit, I don't see any sense for long term morale if we go and match Celtic up 4-3-3, go for it and end up coming away with a bit of a pasting. Can't imagine Robbo - assuming he's still in charge - deviating from the back 3 formation that worked well against Rangers last week. Tbh similarly to the Rangers game, if you offered nothing worse than a 2 goal defeat I'd probably take it right now, when you compare our usual 4+ goal defeats at Parkhead over the recent years.