Queens v Ayr

5 minutes ago, Tam said:

Oliver’s goal put the tin lid on the improved second half performance. Nice move too. Straight leg late challenge from the Ayr guy was a shocker. At least the ref got that right. Not sure whether he got the Dobbs booking/ pen claim right. Big call.

It wasn't really though. At 3-1 already the game was done. He got it wrong I think but it didn't massively matter.

Generally I thought the ref did fine and penalty call apart he got most of the decisions right (probably also got the halfway line wrestiling match between Muirhead and Oliver wrong). I thought Docherty should definitely have been booked first half though. He had a couple of cynical take downs.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Anyway, strange game. I never saw that at HT and I don't think any sane Queens fan would have either. Ayr had a lot of the ball without doing much in the first half. In the second it was all us after we gave the Ayr midfield less of the ball.

Superb finish from Murray, who put in a cracking shift alongside Oliver. Both giving AJ a selection headache. Dobbie had a massive input to all 3 goals and I seriously hope his injury isn't serious. Also thought Kidd was excellent again :o.

Funny to see McCowan as seething as the Ayr support. Horrible challenge. And special mention to the idiots among the Ayr support firing objects at the stewards today as well.

Thoroughly deserved win in the end. If we had been playing on a decent surface I reckon it could have been more.

You started off so well in your post up until the final two paragraphs where it all went horribly wrong.

Although we disintegrated after your second goal and you then deservedly caned us, I'd have to say that the pitch was terrible for us and totally screwed our flowing footballing style, as for the steward the guy deserved a right punching and will hopefully be sacked for attempting and nearly succeeding in instigating a riot. A w****r of the highest order.

Edited by WATTOO

It wasn't really though. At 3-1 already the game was done. He got it wrong I think but it didn't massively matter.
Generally I thought the ref did fine and penalty call apart he got most of the decisions right (probably also got the halfway line wrestiling match between Muirhead and Oliver wrong). I thought Docherty should definitely have been booked first half though. He had a couple of cynical take downs.
He absolutely got that one wrong. Muirhead had his arm around Oliver's chest practically cuddling him. If the ref wasn't positioned well I can understand him not seeing it. The linesman would have had a good view and takes the biggest criticism there for me.

You started off so well in your post up until the final two paragraphs where it all went horribly wrong.
Although we disintegrated after your second goal and you then deservedly caned us, I'd have to say that the pitch was terrible for us and totally screwed our flowing footballing style, as for the steward the guy deserved a right punching and will hopefully be sacked for attempting and nearly succeeding in instigating a riot. A w****r of the highest order.

And there we have it [emoji38] I 100% knew some Ayr poster would come on here to defend the actions of the numpties in among the support.

The guy flung the ball back on to the pitch (which he didn't have to do in the first place). Harvie's reaction never helped matters. He could have ran after the ball (which was hardly miles away) but instead gave the guy grief which in turn set the idiots off. To try and justify their actions is actually pathetic. The only thing that almost "caused a riot" was the idiots over-reaction in among your support. Given you thought he "deserved a right punching" then I assume you were one of them.

Well done, you bit.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And there we have it emoji38.png I 100% knew some Ayr poster would come on here to defend the actions of the numpties in among the support.

The guy flung the ball back on to the pitch (which he didn't have to do in the first place). Harvie's reaction never helped matters. He could have ran after the ball (which was hardly miles away) but instead gave the guy grief which in turn set the idiots off. To try and justify their actions is actually pathetic. The only thing that almost "caused a riot" was the idiots over-reaction in among your support. Given you thought he "deserved a right punching" then I assume you were one of them.

You assume wrong, however that's not what happened at all. 

Harvie walked over to get the ball from him and he deliberately threw the ball away from him and then laughed. He then turned round and sniggered at the Ayr fans (who at this point were all rather on edge) and continued to laugh at them.

I'm sorry but the guy is there supposedly to defuse situations and to control the crowd in a safe manner, in reality he was the one who was actually created an incident and then added fuel to the fire. I would also add that he continued his pathetic little "I'm a big man" routine right up until his superior could see what was actually happening and then he was quite sensibly removed from the area.

As I say, if you poke a tiger with a stick, you shouldn't be surprised when it tries to bite you....................

Not sure what to say about the incident with the steward.  I’ve seen ball boys throwing the ball away like that, but pretty moronic from someone who is theoretically a professional.   In reality of course, most of them are just minimum wage rent-a-goons without a brain in their head.  Think there were 2 or 3 objects thrown before one of the other stewards had the sense to move that grinning walloper out the road.

Harvie walked over to get the ball from him and he deliberately threw the ball away from him and then laughed. He then turned round and sniggered at the Ayr fans (who at this point were all rather on edge) and continued to laugh at them.
I'm sorry but the guy is there supposedly to defuse situations and to control the crowd in a safe manner, in reality he was the one who was actually created an incident and then added fuel to the fire. I would also add that he continued his pathetic little "I'm a big man" routine right up until his superior could see what was actually happening and then he was quite sensibly removed from the area.
As I say, if you poke a tiger with a stick, you shouldn't be surprised when it tries to bite you....................
So you're genuinely justifying the actions of certain Ayr fans after it with them throwing missiles at the stewards?

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Well done, you bit.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

And there we have it emoji38.png I 100% knew some Ayr poster would come on here to defend the actions of the numpties in among the support.

All the steward done was throw the ball back he was busy doing his job was he supposed to look up and pass to to Harvie..

Ayr fans lost it just like the players did Ayr lucky to only have one player sent off 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So you're genuinely justifying the actions of certain Ayr fans after it with them throwing missiles at the stewards?

The "missiles" appeared to be a small plastic container and a rolled up bit of paper and they were lobbed as opposed to being forcibly thrown at him and he continued to smirk through it all so I don't think he was fearing for his life or anything.

That said, nobody should be throwing anything so I agree that was wrong, however I maintain that he brought it upon himself as he was just a complete brain dead moron.

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The "missiles" appeared to be a small plastic container and a rolled up bit of paper and they were lobbed as opposed to being forcibly thrown at him and he continued to smirk through it all so I don't think he was fearing for his life or anything.

That said, nobody should be throwing anything so I agree that was wrong, however I maintain that he brought it upon himself as he was just a complete brain dead moron.

There was at least one coin thrown and at least one daft lad lifted.   But like I say, utterly moronic from the steward so plenty of blame to go round.

41 minutes ago, Tam said:

After watching a really lacklustre and uninspiring performance v Pars last week, I was wondering which QOS we were in for today. Turned out to be a really good game with both teams getting stuck in. Ayr knocked the ball around better and carried a good attacking threat but maybe the injury to Hamilton - hope it’s not too bad - made our hoof it to target man tactic redundant and eventually we took the lead with a great move ON THE DECK.

Ayr equalised at a good time for them with a well worked goal too. Whipped in cross, perfect header at the back post and Moffat nipped in to blast it in from close range.

Round me we were really concerned when the excellent Dan Pybus was subbed but Mc Carthy did well when he came on. Connor Murray’s goal came at a good time to end a spell of Ayr pressure (!). A class pass from Dobbmeister and dancing feet from Murray.

Oliver’s goal put the tin lid on the improved second half performance. Nice move too. Straight leg late challenge from the Ayr guy was a shocker. At least the ref got that right. Not sure whether he got the Dobbs booking/ pen claim right. Big call. 

I hope we can maintain this sort of performance and go on a wee run in this second quarter. Would like to see some more daylight between us and the drop.

That's a good honest post and virtually sums it all up for me.

From an Ayr perspective, I'd totally agree that you looked far better when Oliver came on and he caused us lots of problems with his pace, movement and workrate. The third goal was definitely the turning point as up until you got it I thought we were looking the more likely but once you went ahead again it was curtains for us.

No complaints about the sending off and we basically fell to bits and were probably lucky we didn't lose by more.

There was at least one coin thrown and at least one daft lad lifted.   But like I say, utterly moronic from the steward so plenty of blame to go round.
There was a handful of coins launched just before he was moved elsewhere because I heard them bounce.

He may have been daft but there is absolutely no justification for throwing items at someone like that.

24 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There was at least one coin thrown at a steward today from within the Ayr support.

Right, I'm bringing it up again.

Was the Goalkeeper not badly at fault with Oliver's goal?  It was a brilliant pass initially from Dobbie, but the shot seemed to lack venom and seemed to pass close to the 'keeper at his near post.

I'm surprised it's not provoked many comments.