Queens v Ayr

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Horrific tackle on Gary Oliver very lucky not to get seriously injured.. 

Ref got it right thankfully.  Career ending that sort of thing.  Never understand all the shite that goes on with other players in those incidents.  Some of them I don't think have ever grown up beyond school playground level.

That extra camera is a great addition. The angle I got of the tackle was probably the most tame one and I was furious with it. It's even worse than I thought. No intention of winning the ball and Oliver could have come off a lot worse.

Again, incredible Muirhead stayed on the park. I gave the ref the benefit of the doubt for the first one as his view might have been obscured; he had the best view. How he doesn't see Muirhead cuddling Oliver is unreal.

That's a dive by Dobbie for the penalty which pains me to say.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That extra camera is a great addition. The angle I got of the tackle was probably the most tame one and I was furious with it. It's even worse than I thought. No intention of winning the ball and Oliver could have come off a lot worse.

Again, incredible Muirhead stayed on the park. I gave the ref the benefit of the doubt for the first one as his view might have been obscured; he had the best view. How he doesn't see Muirhead cuddling Oliver is unreal.

Aye, Dobbie deserved quite a few yellows going by the highlights.

56 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Muirhead was definitely fouling Oliver to start with but by the time the Ref became aware if it it probably looked more like Oliver backing in to or holding Muirhead.  Only explanation why he gave Ayr the free-kick  IMO. 

Muirhead was definitely fouling Oliver to start with but by the time the Ref became aware if it it probably looked more like Oliver backing in to or holding Muirhead.  Only explanation why he gave Ayr the free-kick  IMO. 

Either that or he's just incompetent.

On 10/11/2019 at 10:56, Mr X said:

They both did it, in almost identical spots. Dobbies was better though ... just!

I presume that's the Dobbie one at around 8 mins in the highlights? I never saw that one at the time. It's clearly right at the start of the second half and I missed the first 10 mins or so of both halves. The Murray one is right at the end of the highlights. I'd be hard pushed to say which was better but if forced then Murray's. The ball came from higher and he was facing out of the pitch rather than forward.

4 hours ago, Lyle2Dobbie said:

Murray's footwork and finish for his goal...absolute class!! emoji119.png

It is. I thought at the time he'd accidentally stumbled on the ball and that's why he stopped and then that he was probably falling back when he hit it to make it go into the top corner. But he definitely puts it there deliberately.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

My angle was the same as the main stand camera angle and it looked a horror one at the time. The worst angle is the one from behind McCrorie's goal though. It's a shocker. To be fair to McCowan I don't think he meant it and he realises right away. He doesn't complain and goes immediately to see if Oliver is ok, doesn't react to McCarthy shoving him either.

Dobbie was looking to go down I'd say. I think there's contact from Muirhead's toe before he does though. It's exaggerated but there's a foul there. Not a stonewall one but on balance still a penalty.

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm incredulous he somehow gave Ayr a free kick for that. Muirhead has an arm around Oliver's neck and throws him to the ground. At least one of the officials has to see that. I presume the free kick was eventually given for Oliver holding Muirhead on the ground though. It also appears as if Muirhead is accusing Oliver of having bitten him or something when he gets up. He certainly shows the referee his arm.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Dobbie was looking to go down I'd say. I think there's contact from Muirhead's toe before he does though. It's exaggerated but there's a foul there. Not a stonewall one but on balance still a penalty.

So the sports going non contact in the penalty box is it? I think we've all watched enough games to know what "should" be a penalty and what shouldn't. If a players looking to buy a penalty or go down under the merest of contact then a penalty definitely shouldnt be given and the player arguably should be booked for diving.

Too often you see the attacking player leaving a leg behind almost waiting to initiate any contact. Spoils the game.

Edited to add that Dobbie is going to the ground before any contact, his reaction to not getting the penalty beggars belief.

McCowan's tackle is x rated stuff, too good a player to get involved in nonsense like that, more like lazy forwards tackle than anything pre meditated but reckless nonetheless. Glad the Queens player survived any injury.

Excellent camera angles from the Queens highlights.

Edited by BukyOHare

I'm incredulous he somehow gave Ayr a free kick for that. Muirhead has an arm around Oliver's neck and throws him to the ground. At least one of the officials has to see that. I presume the free kick was eventually given for Oliver holding Muirhead on the ground though. It also appears as if Muirhead is accusing Oliver of having bitten him or something when he gets up. He certainly shows the referee his arm.
Pleased Gary Oliver didn't bite Muirhead. He'd of caught thrush from the Fanny.