Queens v Ayr

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's a dive by Dobbie for the penalty which pains me to say.

I don't agree at all.

I think his legs get taken by Muirhead clumsily clattering into the side of him.  It wasn't a direct trip as such but he was effectively bundled over.  I don't even hold with the 'looking to go down' idea.  I think he was simply knocked off his feet.

Do you honestly think that if Dobbie had dived, Muirhead would have been fine with it?  I think we saw enough on Saturday to know he'd have been snarling in Dobbie's face histrionically.  Instead he does nothing, and that's because he knows he got away with one there.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I presume that's the Dobbie one at around 8 mins in the highlights? I never saw that one at the time. It's clearly right at the start of the second half and I missed the first 10 mins or so of both halves. The Murray one is right at the end of the highlights. I'd be hard pushed to say which was better but if forced then Murray's. The ball came from higher and he was facing out of the pitch rather than forward.

I'll give you that. I went for Dobbie because he cushioned it into his path whereas I thought Murray controlled it stone dead. Having seen it again, Murray does also control into his path and, as you say from higher and a more difficult angle.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't agree at all.

I think his legs get taken by Muirhead clumsily clattering into the side of him.  It wasn't a direct trip as such but he was effectively bundled over.  I don't even hold with the 'looking to go down' idea.  I think he was simply knocked off his feet.

Do you honestly think that if Dobbie had dived, Muirhead would have been fine with it?  I think we saw enough on Saturday to know he'd have been snarling in Dobbie's face histrionically.  Instead he does nothing, and that's because he knows he got away with one there.

This. Muirheads knee catches Dobbies leg. Dobbie is stumbling a little but not going down looking for the penalty, neither did he leave his leg hanging looking for contact. 

Might have been soft but enough for a penalty

I don't agree at all.

This. Muirheads knee catches Dobbies leg. Dobbie is stumbling a little but not going down looking for the penalty, neither did he leave his leg hanging looking for contact. 
Might have been soft but enough for a penalty

I'm just not seeing it. Dobbie is stumbling before he even gets to Muirhead and I think he 'anticipates a challenge' and falls.

Muirhead doesn't just do nothing though. He quite clearly complains to the ref and I expect he's suggesting to the ref that Dobbie dived.

9 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't agree at all.

200.gif

9 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Muirhead doesn't just do nothing though. He quite clearly complains to the ref and I expect he's suggesting to the ref that Dobbie dived.

Yes, in fairness he does react a bit more than I indicated. 

Given Muirhead's overall behaviour on Saturday though, I'd maintain that his response was a bit too restrained to suggest he genuinely thought Dobbie had dived.

I'm beginning to get the impression that lots of Queen of the South fans don't really like Muirhead.............

Aero brings it on himself mate. His behaviour when he plays against his hometown club is weird to say the least! I remember when he head butted big Higgy during the Ramsden pk shootout in 2013!

I think his dad, big Neil must cringe at his behaviour when he comes back into town. As I said in a previous post it’s a shame because when he screws the nut he’s actually a decent defender at this level.

11 minutes ago, Sankasouthy said:

Aero brings it on himself mate. His behaviour when he plays against his hometown club is weird to say the least! I remember when he head butted big Higgy during the Ramsden pk shootout in 2013!

In my view, Higgins' behaviour was worse than Muirhead's in that whole incident.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yeh,  because physical violence is far less serious than a bit of wind- up behaviour isn't it? 

In that particular incident, I found the provocation more distasteful than its response.

One was much more understandable than the other in the circumstances.