Queens v Ayr

11 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Firstly best team won no doubt about that but I’m adding the following

The pitch is s—— lost count now many times teams from both players lost control with basic balls, and in fact resulted in your number 9 going over on his ankle in front of me early in the game, wish he hadn’t as wee Oliver came on and had a great game for them annoyed the shit of our back four especially believe it or not with high balls continually backing in to who ever he came across really wound up our two central defenders.

Our keeper not for the first time  I count four games on the trot now is losing poor goals, and we have to score two to win games not good. ( Mcrorie well ahead of him really filling out now)

Neither of them have any chance of playing for the old firm in my opinion

Dobis not really playing that well but still different class with his distribution and it showed today

If we are touting Mccowan for big things even though he has no right foot,  so should Queens be with young Murray wanted us to sign him in the summer top prospect

Stone wall sending off  not like Mccowan think having a poor  game and frustration contributed, although Oliver sprinting away ten seconds after it didn’t go down well

And yes we are Queens bitches at Palmerston  doesn’t matter what team we take there they pump

Just hate watching football on plastic.

Think you might be exaggerating a tad on Doohan.  4 games on the trot?  I make that yesterday, Partick, Morton and Dundee.  He was certainly at fault for Morton’s second, but that’s about it.  He might have done better at the opener yesterday, but just looked like a classic example of the keeper spreading himself and the ball going through his legs.  The 3rd took a clear deflection that would have wrong footed any keeper, especially on that awful sticky pitch.  

The only keeper I might swap Doohan for is Scott Fox, though even he seems to be having some wobbles this season.  Think you might be expecting miracles from the keeper when we should be focusing on the poor defending in front of him.  I’d get Bell back in the team and he can hopefully do for Roscoe what he did for Rose.

Just a couple of things.

Asking a player to nullify a threat on the other team doesn’t mean doing what Muirhead did and leave large gaps of space whilst you toddle out of position to get near a player. Dobbie isn’t a player that you can physically bully and he’ll be quiet for the 90 minutes. And simply pushing a player about hoping he gets booked for dissent isn’t a tactic, it’s stupidity and there’s no way Kerr asked Muirhead to do that yesterday.

In terms of leaders it’s a very tall order to expect Kelly and Houston, who are in their first year of senior competitive football to step up and lead that team. They’re going to mistakes and will sometimes need a teammate to help them through games. I don’t see anyone in that team yesterday that can do that.

I think you’re being a bit harsh on Muirhead.

Dobbie drops deep to try and create things. If Muirhead stayed in the back four and let Dobbie spray the ball about he would be slaughtered too - it was completely understandable he moved out to try and stop Dobbie doing that as we still had sufficient numbers behind him. I would suggest Dobbie does need to be bullied and given no time with the ball.

Dobbie drops deep to try and create things. If Muirhead stayed in the back four and let Dobbie spray the ball about he would be slaughtered too - it was completely understandable he moved out to try and stop Dobbie doing that as we still had sufficient numbers behind him. I would suggest Dobbie does need to be bullied and given no time with the ball.

If Dobbie is dropping deeper then it’s up to Docherty to pick him up. I do think that the subsequent defending from Roscoe and Houston isn’t good enough though and it was too easy for Murray to get his shot away.

What I meant with regards to Dobbie is that he’s not someone you can hit early on and he’ll drop out the game. He’s going to keep coming at you so you’ve got to change the approach to dealing with him. I realise we’re talking about one of the best players in the league and it’s not an easy task to nullify him but it was too easy for him yesterday for all 3 goals.

If Dobbie is dropping deeper then it’s up to Docherty to pick him up. I do think that the subsequent defending from Roscoe and Houston isn’t good enough though and it was too easy for Murray to get his shot away.

What I meant with regards to Dobbie is that he’s not someone you can hit early on and he’ll drop out the game. He’s going to keep coming at you so you’ve got to change the approach to dealing with him. I realise we’re talking about one of the best players in the league and it’s not an easy task to nullify him but it was too easy for him yesterday for all 3 goals.

I completely get that he should be passed on to Docherty, however given how attacking our midfield is that isn’t always possible.

I thought we dealt with him pretty well first half, but not at all in the second. I think our midfield five is probably better suited to help deal with him. It will be interesting what Kerr does when we have everyone back fit. I think we need to use the 4-3-3 away from home, with the ability to use either at home.

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I completely get that he should be passed on to Docherty, however given how attacking our midfield is that isn’t always possible.

I thought we dealt with him pretty well first half, but not at all in the second. I think our midfield five is probably better suited to help deal with him. It will be interesting what Kerr does when we have everyone back fit. I think we need to use the 4-3-3 away from home, with the ability to use either at home.

Hopefully push Kelly further upfield, as the last couple  of games I've seen it looks like he's been in a deeper role.

Hopefully push Kelly further upfield, as the last couple  of games I've seen it looks like he's been in a deeper role.

Given that we’ve had Blair in on trial it would suggest Kerr wants someone in midfield before January to allow us to get back to the 4-3-3.

Whether or not this guy is any good for us or not is a different matter.

9 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Ayr fans still going on about this game?

We won, you didn't.  Get over it.

That's actually a good point, we're still sitting second in the league and didn't have a great day yesterday but it's certainly no disgrace being beaten away from home by a good if inconsistent Queens side, so no need to rip everything up from where I'm standing.

Last week we had two good wins within four days and everything was great, we didn't lack leaders and nobody was calling for Muirhead to be executed or Docherty and Doohan to be dropped.

As usual just a huge over reaction to a not too unexpected defeat..........

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Given that we’ve had Blair in on trial it would suggest Kerr wants someone in midfield before January to allow us to get back to the 4-3-3.

Whether or not this guy is any good for us or not is a different matter.

Be as well as bringing Stevo back if that's the case.

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Our keeper not for the first time  I count four games on the trot now is losing poor goals, and we have to score two to win games not good. ( Mcrorie well ahead of him really filling out now)

Yes, we should maybe put a call into East Fife and see if we can get the Jordan "the cat" Hart back home................

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Agreed. The other defender steps across when Muirhead stepped out with Dobbie. But he doesn't come all the way across and cover Murray because we have a man on the LM (can't remember who just know how it looked). That's not Muirhead or the other defender committing an error, it's just an overload, these things happen. Any of four players (including Muirhead) could have dispossessed Dobbie or Murray and didn't. Nothing to do with Muirhead's positioning. imo

Edited by Margaret Thatcher
imo

On a ‘lighter’ note, Ayr fans. Who’s the new assistant manager? MM? We were standing next to him and he disney half fill that Adidas tracksuit! [emoji15]

Is wee Sandy Stewart away?

Michael McArdle, he was head of the youth academy at Falkirk before they dismantled it and was working as an academy coach at St Mirren before joining us. Think he’s also overseeing our youth teams as well as a large chunk of our recruitment whilst also being Kerr’s number two.

And aye Stewart’s away.