Queens v Ayr

7 minutes ago, Buckfast said:

It was obvious that the wee qos number 10 was going to get someone sent off today, all he done full game was throw himself to the ground and roll about as if he'd been shot. It's clowns  like him who are driving fans away from football.

This is a joke yeah?

Ross Doohan as good as he can be, can have stupid mistakes by letting the ball go through him, it happened today and against Morton. It might be because he has no faith in what's in-front of him, but i honestly think his levels have dropped this season. 

Right, I'm bringing it up again.
Was the Goalkeeper not badly at fault with Oliver's goal?  It was a brilliant pass initially from Dobbie, but the shot seemed to lack venom and seemed to pass close to the 'keeper at his near post.
I'm surprised it's not provoked many comments.

It took a deflection going through in.

It was obvious that the wee qos number 10 was going to get someone sent off today, all he done full game was throw himself to the ground and roll about as if he'd been shot. It's clowns  like him who are driving fans away from football.
What we need is more players like McCowan karate kicking these chancers. That'll teach 'em!

Aaron Muirhead still got a massive chip on his shoulder I see. Real shame as he grew up a Queens fan. He continues to be a strange young man with serious issues.
Maybe one day he‘ll grow up but I doubt it.

He’s just a fud mate.

No chip on his shoulder.

Just seen the highlights.

Wasn’t really anything in the first half but Moffat has missed a decent chance to put us ahead and Moore is unlucky not to get a shot away earlier at one bit. For there goal I don’t think it’s a howler from Doohan. It never looks great the ball going through like that but Holt has done well to get it right between his legs with enough pace. Maybe could’ve done better but I think Holt takes that pretty well.

For their second though Muirhead gets dragged out trying to get Dobbie and lets Murray in behind him. Not good enough. He just goes downhill from there. Shoving Dobbie into the wall, tripping him up (stonewaller btw) in the box and then getting involved with McCarthy at the McCowan incident.

I’m annoyed with McCowan cause he looked like he was having a good game and then goes and does that. Absolutely stupidity. Can’t see an elbow in that scuffle but there might be more to it that’s not in the highlights.

Yeah, there is. Trust me on this. There is plenty history involving Aaron Muirhead and Queen of the South.

Judging by the way he goes on then, he’s got a chip on his shoulder with every club.

You’ll probably know more than me though.

Can’t really have any complaints. We were poor defensively and tried to over complicate things going forward.

Actually think we’re missing the creativity of Kerr in the middle of the park as much as anything else.

Doohan was culpable for two of the goals, sure the 3rd took a slight deflection but he should really be doing better there. The first goal too was poor from him, shouldn’t be getting megged.

He’s not been at his best for the last few weeks but that being said I probably wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in this league. He’s a young lad so is going to have dips.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

You started off so well in your post up until the final two paragraphs where it all went horribly wrong.

Although we disintegrated after your second goal and you then deservedly caned us, I'd have to say that the pitch was terrible for us and totally screwed our flowing footballing style, as for the steward the guy deserved a right punching and will hopefully be sacked for attempting and nearly succeeding in instigating a riot. A w****r of the highest order.

"It wuz the pitch that beat us,  that horrible pitch". 

I actually thought Ayr controlled the ball better on the pitch than most of the Queens players until Ayr decided to bring their rugby game to a football match.  Ayr showed plenty of good movement,  good control and passing on the surface,  Queens' defenders can't seem to take first touch control,  the ball either bounces about 6 feet off them or up in the air.  The pitch isn't really a benefit to us. 

It took us a while ( again)   to realise that when  Hamilton goes off we shouldn't persist in hitting high balls up to a non existent target man, easy meat  for Ayr's defenders to deal with. Once we sussed that playing it on the deck was better we started to cut through the Ayr defence,  Murray especially thrived in those situations. 

On again to a PTTGOYN,  I still don't understand Johnston's persistence in using the tactic at our kick- offs of punting the ball into touch, not intentionally into touch I know  but that's where it generally ends up.  We should try and keep possession for a few passes instead of giving it away so cheaply. A small irritation which I can live with if we manage an outcome like today's. 

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
5 hours ago, WATTOO said:
You started off so well in your post up until the final two paragraphs where it all went horribly wrong.
Although we disintegrated after your second goal and you then deservedly caned us, I'd have to say that the pitch was terrible for us and totally screwed our flowing footballing style, as for the steward the guy deserved a right punching and will hopefully be sacked for attempting and nearly succeeding in instigating a riot. A w****r of the highest order.

Well done, you bit.

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There was at least one coin thrown at a steward today from within the Ayr support.

I heard it was flung at the police