Queens v Ayr

And there we have it [emoji38] I 100% knew some Ayr poster would come on here to defend the actions of the numpties in among the support.

The guy flung the ball back on to the pitch (which he didn't have to do in the first place). Harvie's reaction never helped matters. He could have ran after the ball (which was hardly miles away) but instead gave the guy grief which in turn set the idiots off. To try and justify their actions is actually pathetic. The only thing that almost "caused a riot" was the idiots over-reaction in among your support. Given you thought he "deserved a right punching" then I assume you were one of them.
Typical ayr.

Right, I'm bringing it up again.
Was the Goalkeeper not badly at fault with Oliver's goal?  It was a brilliant pass initially from Dobbie, but the shot seemed to lack venom and seemed to pass close to the 'keeper at his near post.
I'm surprised it's not provoked many comments.
It looked like a deflection from where I was sat.

Most of the grief the steward was getting wasn't about the throwing the ball away from Harvie. He had earlier told a couple of the Ayr fans to "go f**k themselves" after some disagreement.
All a big load of nothing.

Queens deserved the win in the end imo. We had spells on top but we just never really got going and queens took their chances, Dobbie was very creative today I thought.

With our current small squad size McCowan getting himself sent off in the way he did was ridiculous. Very stupid thing to do after having what I thought was a pretty good game.

Was the Goalkeeper not badly at fault with Oliver's goal?  It was a brilliant pass initially from Dobbie, but the shot seemed to lack venom and seemed to pass close to the 'keeper at his near post.

It was deflected.

I thought there were maybe question marks over Doohan for Holts goal though.

10 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It took a deflection that’s how it beat the keeper 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It looked like a deflection from where I was sat.

I wondered if it might have, but assumed not as nobody had mentioned it.

Most of the grief the steward was getting wasn't about the throwing the ball away from Harvie. He had earlier told a couple of the Ayr fans to "go f**k themselves" after some disagreement.
All a big load of nothing.

Queens deserved the win in the end imo. We had spells on top but we just never really got going and queens took their chances, Dobbie was very creative today I thought.

With our current small squad size McCowan getting himself sent off in the way he did was ridiculous. Very stupid thing to do after having what I thought was a pretty good game.

Lesson learned for him, hopefully. Now he'll miss a game and maybe not get back straight into the team. Bantz if it's Ross that takes his place.

Lesson learned for him, hopefully. Now he'll miss a game and maybe not get back straight into the team. Bantz if it's Ross that takes his place.

2 games*

Lets not kid ourselves on thinking Ross is going play for us. I’ll be stunned if we see him again.

Considering how thin our squad is I'm going to kid myself a bit. We need the numbers.

True

I feel for Kerr a bit as his first job was always going to be tough but it’s not helped by the fact our already small squad is riddled with injuries and now one of our best players has put himself out for 2 games.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

You started off so well in your post up until the final two paragraphs where it all went horribly wrong.

Although we disintegrated after your second goal and you then deservedly caned us, I'd have to say that the pitch was terrible for us and totally screwed our flowing footballing style, as for the steward the guy deserved a right punching and will hopefully be sacked for attempting and nearly succeeding in instigating a riot. A w****r of the highest order.

Yeah, you're right, the only reason Ayr didnt score their customary 20 goals today was the pitch :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It wasn't really though. At 3-1 already the game was done. He got it wrong I think but it didn't massively matter.

Generally I thought the ref did fine and penalty call apart he got most of the decisions right (probably also got the halfway line wrestiling match between Muirhead and Oliver wrong). I thought Docherty should definitely have been booked first half though. He had a couple of cynical take downs.

Hmmm. I think you’ve covered some of the poor decisions which contributed to a less than stellar reffing performance imo. Too much wrestling was allowed early in the first half. A couple of cards at that stage would have calmed people down or made them think twice.

There was a handful of coins launched just before he was moved elsewhere because I heard them bounce.

He may have been daft but there is absolutely no justification for throwing items at someone like that.

I was sitting right in front of the steward, there were no coins thrown that I saw just a plastic object. The steward threw the ball back without looking and it went flying past Harvie. Almost certainly a mistake. Harvie didn’t overreact to the steward but afterwards the steward thought it was a great idea to snigger at the away support causing tensions to rise.

I was sitting right in front of the steward, there were no coins thrown that I saw just a plastic object. The steward threw the ball back without looking and it went flying past Harvie. Almost certainly a mistake. Harvie didn’t overreact to the steward but afterwards the steward thought it was a great idea to snigger at the away support causing tensions to rise.

It wasn't there they were thrown, it's when he moved towards the home fans shortly after that coins were thrown. It was also more than one thing that was thrown when he was stood in front of you. Again, whether he was sniggering or not it doesn't justify people throwing things at him.

It wasn't there they were thrown, it's when he moved towards the home fans shortly after that coins were thrown. It was also more than one thing that was thrown when he was stood in front of you. Again, whether he was sniggering or not it doesn't justify people throwing things at him.

Oh I agree that nothing justifies throwing anything, however, the steward should’ve been more professional.

It was obvious that the wee qos number 10 was going to get someone sent off today, all he done full game was throw himself to the ground and roll about as if he'd been shot. It's clowns  like him who are driving fans away from football.