Queens v Ayr

14 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

After a good first half performance it all went to sh*t in the second. That defence needs fixing In January big time.

No competitionΒ  between them maybe, everyone a little too complacent.Β  StillΒ  need a couple in January though

On a different note, I reckon Ayr will miss Moffat as much as we'll miss Dobbie. A player I really like watching who brings so many players in to play. Much like I'll be cacking it when Dobbs goes I reckon Ayr will be when Moffat does if they have to rely on the perma-diddy Moore.

That sounds like the second time we’ve lost our heads after being down. McCowan is young but if the tackle is as bad as it sounds then that’s not even an excuse.

We desperately need someone with a bit of experience at the back as well. Hopefully Bell can come back in and another joins in January. At the minute it’s Muirhead that’s organising things and he is a complete idiot.

Nice to see another Ayr keep up their record of generally scoring three or four goals.

Deserved win in the end. Both sides had periods on top but we looked more clinical up front.

Holt and Murray played well, particularly second half but it was good to see Lyon, McCarthy and Oliver come into the side and look good after not much game time.

Looking forward to seeing Dochertys debut in WWE. I presume thats what he was rehearsing for todayΒ :rolleyes:

That sounds like the second time we’ve lost our heads after being down. McCowan is young but if the tackle is as bad as it sounds then that’s not even an excuse.

We desperately need someone with a bit of experience at the back as well. Hopefully Bell can come back in and another joins in January. At the minute it’s Muirhead that’s organising things and he is a complete idiot.
Thought Docherty lost his cool a wee bit as well. Another Ayr player I really like funnily enough. It was a rotten challenge and on first showing I didn't think he had any intention of going for the ball, just to take Oliver out. I'll need to see the highlights to see if that was indeed the case. I was pretty fizzing at the time and calling for a red though [emoji38]

Muirhead got a completely needless booking as well. Very daft. Though he should have been booked far earlier.

Luke comes across as a bit of a hothead, did McCall not say he was a horrible person (in the nicest possible way) or something to that effect.

Need Bell's ability to organise but not sure his legs are there.

I said after the Inverness game we’d play 10 times worse and win. I wasn’t expecting it to be in the very next game that I was at!

Most enjoyable by the end.
Ayr were the better side until we got 2-1 ahead.Β  Thereafter though, we got another, missed a sitter and had an absolute stonewaller turned down by the cretinous ref.Β  Ayr ended the game behaving thuggishly, taking what they deserved from the game.
Even a below par Dobbie makes all the difference, getting assists for all three goals.Β  I often don't 'get' the praise that comes Murray's way, but he did very well today.

Pretty much this. We improved massively in the second half after looking pretty desperate at times during the first. Understandable perhaps with a lot of new faces in the team today.

That was probably Murray’s best game for us, glad he got the goal his performance deserved. Andy McCarthy made a big difference as well, very impressive showing. He looked composed on the ball and always looked for a forward pass.

It really is all about Dobbie though. Plenty has been said about his goals but his assists today were equally sublime.

On a different note, I reckon Ayr will miss Moffat as much as we'll miss Dobbie. A player I really like watching who brings so many players in to play. Much like I'll be cacking it when Dobbs goes I reckon Ayr will be when Moffat does if they have to rely on the perma-diddy Moore.

He’s a class act. He was pulling strings all over the place in the first half. He was nowhere near as effective second half though but no-one in an Ayr shirt was.

10 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Fucking stupid from McCowan. No need at all.

The only thing the ref got right today 100% red card .

A even 1st half but Queens really got going in the 2nd half another really good team performance great to see Oliver Lyon and McCarthy really take there chance all 3 played really well.

Murray outstanding easily his best game this seasonΒ 

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I said after the Inverness game we’d play 10 times worse and win. I wasn’t expecting it to be in the very next game that I was at!

Β 

Pretty much this. We improved massively in the second half after looking pretty desperate at times during the first. Understandable perhaps with a lot of new faces in the team today.

That was probably Murray’s best game for us, glad he got the goal his performance deserved. Andy McCarthy made a big difference as well, very impressive showing. He looked composed on the ball and always looked for a forward pass.

It really is all about Dobbie though. Plenty has been said about his goals but his assists today were equally sublime.

He’s a class act. He was pulling strings all over the place in the first half. He was nowhere near as effective second half though but no-one in an Ayr shirt was.

Dobbie today did not try and do it all himself passed the ball really well rather than try and beat 3 men should have had a pen as wellΒ 

Did he go off with a injury ?

Thought today was a game of two halves, Ayr had the better of the first, it actually a really well worked goal from Queens that gave us the lead Dobbie the provider his vision was superb today. When Ayr equalised it was definitely coming. At half time I was delighted with a draw. Second half we came out with Mccarthy on and he certainly played well its nice to see a midfielder who is happy with the ball at his feet and this lead to a positional change for Murray playing behind front two and this lead to a far better second half performance and two well worked goalsΒ  both supplied by Dobbie . In all a great win.Β 

On 08/11/2019 at 09:01, Ayr23 said:

This fixture is reminding me of our first trip down to Palmerston last season. We were playing really well, but then we got royally pumped. Differences though, we're not just a one man band going forward this season so if one of our front men has an off day, luckily there are 3 more to contribute!

We're so overdue a win down there, so I'm going for a wildly optimistic repeat of Saturday's scoreline, 4-1 Ayr. Forrest anytime, Dobbie to score a consolation. pitch-invader-trip-penalty-queen-of-the-south.jpeg

Nearly right. If we'd got the penalty we should have had near the end t would have been 4-1 to the home team. 😜

On 08/11/2019 at 12:13, HMIP said:

Which all counts for nothing as no one can play football on that god awful pitch. Β 

We will presumably also take our usual approach of giving Dobbie the freedom of the park. Β It’s practically a tradition.

Three assists. 😊

On 08/11/2019 at 14:31, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

No wins in 14 visits....jeezo...wonder if Allan Johnston's team talk is simply "lads, its Ayr United."

Yep.

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

A QotS win would be good for Scottish football.

Indeed.

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not daft on them myself, however I think our current side are actually quite suited to playing on them.

(I'm hoping this isn't thrown back at me at 5pm tonight).

Happy to throw it back at you. πŸ˜‰

Edited by Skyline Drifter