Christmas '19

Cerberus

Guest Moomintroll
My yearly viewing of it's a wonderful life.  What's not to like...

Annoying relatives is the exception mind you.
It's a wonderful life should be in the National Curriculum, it really isn't difficult, just be a nice person & who cares whatever else happens. You have done your bit.

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

It's a wonderful life should be in the National Curriculum, it really isn't difficult, just be a nice person & who cares whatever else happens. You have done your bit.

It's a nice thought, but It'll take more than that to negate voting Tory.

Repeated overhyping this early has completely destroyed Christmas for me, which I now simply see as something that's mostly pushed upon us by marketing departments that rely on it to meet their sales targets.

If I had kids then it would probably be different just to see them happy, but for those without, I can only see atheists spending money they can barely afford to overindulge during a celebration that's the driving engine for a religion that they ridicule. Pretty sad that we only get the family around for a glorified Sunday dinner once a year when it's socially forced upon us to do so. Bah humbug.

I'll be having Christmas in Englandshire this year, which means these little mince pies will soon be coming at me right left and centre.

I wouldn't mind that if they actually had mince in them but they don't. They're made from a mixture of sultanas, raisins, chopped apple and sugar - Yuk. 

No haggis or decent black pudding down here. The nearest equivalent you can get to a Scotch Pie would be a meat and potato pie. Okay in an emergency but they would never catch on in Scotland. Who ever heard of a pie with potato in it?

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'll be having Christmas in Englandshire this year, which means these little mince pies will soon be coming at me right left and centre.

I wouldn't mind that if they actually had mince in them but they don't. They're made from a mixture of sultanas, raisins, chopped apple and sugar - Yuk. 

No haggis or decent black pudding down here. The nearest equivalent you can get to a Scotch Pie would be a meat and potato pie. Okay in an emergency but they would never catch on in Scotland. Who ever heard of a pie with potato in it?

See the source image

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No haggis or decent black pudding down here.

Whoa, there's no decent black pudding in Lancashire? I thought they invented the stuff?

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Whoa, there's no decent black pudding in Lancashire? I thought they invented the stuff?

Funny you should say that.

My partner's father came from Bury, which is famous for black pudding. It's awful stuff - a real stodgy, fatty mixture which I just can't eat. Apparently my partner's father had it every morning of his life as part of a full English breakfast.

Sadly he died in his late 40s of a massive heart attack.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Funny you should say that.

My partner's father came from Bury, which is famous for black pudding. It's awful stuff - a real stodgy, fatty mixture which I just can't eat. Apparently my partner's father had it every morning of his life as part of a full English breakfast.

Sadly he died in his late 40s of a massive heart attack.

Nobody could have seen it coming.

Where was he buried?

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Bury would have been appropriate, but he ended up in a cemetery in Oldham, because apparently, he was living fairly close by at the time.

Boo.

What was his last meal?

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Appreciation thread.

52 days until the big day when Santa empties his sack in your living room.

Jesus's birthday, time off work, presents, lights, a tree inside, Brussels sprouts, drinking in the morning.
Christmas is awesome.

Image result for kenneth williams