Pollok v Kilwinning

The viper

Wee man stepped up when required. Don't think there's a better free kick taker in the league. 3-0 in the game at Buffs Park flattered Pollok, we had lost our keeper and played an hour with a midfielder in the net in that game .Good to see the boys turned the table and increased the gap on Pollok to 5 points with a game in hand. Buffs v Meadow at the end of the month should be interesting!

Pollok players n fans react terribly to being beat fairly n squarely yesterday. Where are the boys that had plenty to say a month or so ago when the shoe was on the other foot. Silence is deafening!!
[/quote

Don’t think the buffs should be taking the moral high ground after some of the shinnanigins that happened at your home leg.Lets move on.

8 minutes ago, mightychewbacca said:

Pollok players n fans react terribly to being beat fairly n squarely yesterday. Where are the boys that had plenty to say a month or so ago when the shoe was on the other foot. Silence is deafening!!

I've got to be honest here where I was standing the pollok fans were gracious in defeat when we were leaving a good few congratulated us in our great team performance and deserved to win in what was a great game of football.

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

I've got to be honest here where I was standing the pollok fans were gracious in defeat when we were leaving a good few congratulated us in our great team performance and deserved to win in what was a great game of football.

Got to agree! A couple of elderly Pollok fans shook my hand, & congratulated us in Buffs' win. Pollok fans also applauded Sam when he was being carried off injured. Respect!! 

In all the times I've been to Pollok, there's always good banter with their fans, unlike at Beith or Talbot. Always a pleasant trip to Pollok, although better when Buffs win. 

Great goal from Monti yesterday, he was always going to celebrate in front of the Pollok fans, give and get and all that. 

Syme and Maitland were magnificent in defence and Ben Lewis won a lot of ball in good areas. The whole team worked hard for the win, Hanvey and Gowser off the bench made a difference too. 

Hope McCloskey is okay this morning, looked a sore one when he went off. 

Edited by funky monkey

thought a draw would have been a fair result

although great free kick from carlo

our injury list is horrendous with both mccanns out henry morton mcgregor barron did start but injured again evans 

russell not match fit imo or dallas trying to play through an injury

only 3 subs yesterday 1 a goalie 

squad not as good as some thought

league over so cup runs are vital

think our long injury list is keeping him in.  got it wrong 4 subs oops

poor quality over our last half a dozen games from us

but only as good as the opposition let u play

most worrying imo was the linlithgow win   

so much possession with no end product

its now november + i doubt if any lok fan ( or manager ) could name our so called best team

or who will play next sat (injuries permitting )

thought a draw would have been a fair result
although great free kick from carlo
our injury list is horrendous with both mccanns out henry morton mcgregor barron did start but injured again evans 
russell not match fit imo or dallas trying to play through an injury
only 3 subs yesterday 1 a goalie 
squad not as good as some thought
league over so cup runs are vital

Totally agree,thought there were signs that our form was returning yesterday.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

In all the times I've been to Pollok, there's always good banter with their fans, unlike at Beith or Talbot. Always a pleasant trip to Pollok, although better when Buffs win. 

Great goal from Monti yesterday, he was always going to celebrate in front of the Pollok fans, give and get and all that. 

Syme and Maitland were magnificent in defence and Ben Lewis won a lot of ball in good areas. The whole team worked hard for the win, Hanvey and Gowser off the bench made a difference too. 

Hope McCloskey is okay this morning, looked a sore one when he went off. 

Glad you enjoyed your day at Pollok but there's no need to bring other clubs down to make your point.

4 hours ago, nearly man said:

Glad you enjoyed your day at Pollok but there's no need to bring other clubs down to make your point.

Only calling it as I see it. Been travelling around the grounds watching Buffs for many years now, so my opinion is based upon my experiences. Sorry that you don't seem to like that. 

45 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Only calling it as I see it. Been travelling around the grounds watching Buffs for many years now, so my opinion is based upon my experiences. Sorry that you don't seem to like that. 

That's fair enough but think it's better to say nothing if you can't say anything decent, I do understand Beith won't be popular in Kilwinning after beating them to the Scottish cup 2016 and more recently when they imploded to leave Beith league champions.

3 hours ago, nearly man said:

That's fair enough but think it's better to say nothing if you can't say anything decent, I do understand Beith won't be popular in Kilwinning after beating them to the Scottish cup 2016 and more recently when they imploded to leave Beith league champions.

Nothing to do with that. Always get the feeling it's all going to kick off at Beith and it usually does. Only ground I go to where its like that. A bit of bad blood between the clubs for whatever reason. As for Talbot, despite their success, they are some of the worst entitled supporters at any level of football. Just my opinion... 

When was the last time it kicked off at Beith? Only time I know of was 2014ish - still not acceptable of course!

Last season we visited in the Scottish, to be greeted by a F*** Beith sign - we don't even get that at Kilbirnie and then young fans were attacked and bottled as they left the ground.

As for Talbot, always felt their committee to be very welcoming and sporting regardless of the result. Could pick out a couple of incidents with a lot of clubs but they are 9/10 isolated incidents due to young teams glory hunting and tagging along for a big game and I include the Kilwinning incident in that.

5 hours ago, beith19 said:

When was the last time it kicked off at Beith? Only time I know of was 2014ish - still not acceptable of course!

Last season we visited in the Scottish, to be greeted by a F*** Beith sign - we don't even get that at Kilbirnie and then young fans were attacked and bottled as they left the ground.

As for Talbot, always felt their committee to be very welcoming and sporting regardless of the result. Could pick out a couple of incidents with a lot of clubs but they are 9/10 isolated incidents due to young teams glory hunting and tagging along for a big game and I include the Kilwinning incident in that.

A think the one your talking about at Abbey Park was both fans with bottles and young ones getting attacked on both sides.. So not all one sided as your making out here.. There is alot off hatred between the 2 sets of fans and am in no doubt every time theys 2 teams play each other there will always be trouble. 

Edited by Buffsboy91