TALBOT V CLYDEBANK

happy

The highlights showed for me that Clydebank were denied a stonewall penalty. I was at the toilet when it happened and heard the shout but from watching that, it’s a penalty. Number 5’s hand is raised, he doesn’t mean to handle it but under the new rules that’s a penalty all day long.

Get some Tena Pants for next Saturday, Bo.

What was the point in talbot issuing a statement before the game insisting Clydebank fans entered the ground using certain gates only and were restricted to certain areas within the ground ???.... if you insist on segregation then shouldn’t you make sure it’s adhered to ??.. 

in the highlights video you can clearly see talbot fans celebrating their teams deserved win after the 2bd and 3rd goals in 2 areas of the ground that were designated for the use by Clydebank fans...  can fans enter the ground where they like and stand where they like at Beechwood or not ????

1 hour ago, mike strutter said:

What was the point in talbot issuing a statement before the game insisting Clydebank fans entered the ground using certain gates only and were restricted to certain areas within the ground ???.... if you insist on segregation then shouldn’t you make sure it’s adhered to ??.. 

in the highlights video you can clearly see talbot fans celebrating their teams deserved win after the 2bd and 3rd goals in 2 areas of the ground that were designated for the use by Clydebank fans...  can fans enter the ground where they like and stand where they like at Beechwood or not ????

Somebody’s hurting. 

Yesterday was a good game, and it kept Talbot on an upward trajectory. We were simply a class above in the first half and 1-0 flattered the Bankies, but they turned the tables big style on us in the second half, but like Cove Rangers just couldn't score. There's a reason for that.

When the Bankies came at us second half, as Tucker knew they would, he dropped Samson further back to play in front of Willie Lyle - like he did against Cove - because the Bankies number 11 had the capacity to cause damage with speed. When you're up against somebody that's faster than you with Samson it isn't so easy. It's not pretty to watch at times but it's damned effective. When Tucker made the forward substitutions Talbot fans would have bet on the score increasing - as it usually does in such circumstances. Having such quality players at Glasgow and Boylan coming on fresh legged must be a nightmare for defences who've been busy for much of the game.

Yesterday was out 30th Super League game without defeat. We've won 27 of those, and that's because we play to instruction. Enjoyed watching the Bankies second half, but like many other teams they haven't figured out how score at Beechwood. 

Re village idiots, yours or ours? There's well watched footage of two Bankies fans having a very aggressive pop at Talbot fans at Maryhill last season.

Yesterday was a good game, and it kept Talbot on an upward trajectory. We were simply a class above in the first half and 1-0 flattered the Bankies, but they turned the tables big style on us in the second half, but like Cove Rangers just couldn't score. There's a reason for that.
When the Bankies came at us second half, as Tucker knew they would, he dropped Samson further back to play in front of Willie Lyle - like he did against Cove - because the Bankies number 11 had the capacity to cause damage with speed. When you're up against somebody that's faster than you with Samson it isn't so easy. It's not pretty to watch at times but it's damned effective. When Tucker made the forward substitutions Talbot fans would have bet on the score increasing - as it usually does in such circumstances. Having such quality players at Glasgow and Boylan coming on fresh legged must be a nightmare for defences who've been busy for much of the game.
Yesterday was out 30th Super League game without defeat. We've won 27 of those, and that's because we play to instruction. Enjoyed watching the Bankies second half, but like many other teams they haven't figured out how score at Beechwood. 
Re village idiots, yours or ours? There's well watched footage of two Bankies fans having a very aggressive pop at Talbot fans at Maryhill last season.
Great summary of the game.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, passbackdave said:

Yes and wouldnt have happened had talbot fans not been in the away end.

Mon the papers

Found this strange myself. Attended the game as a neutral and being from Glasgow decided to go with the Clydebank segregation info. At the end designated for the away support there was clearly a number of talbot fans entering by that gate and standing in that end. As for the abuse the Bankies fans had to endure on leaving it was totally unacceptable and I even saw one dad stand in front of his young son to shield him from talbot fans. I always say that I pick a neutral game every week but I’m afraid talbot won’t be a place I’d go again. They need to adhere to their own segregation policy. 

3 hours ago, TFW said:

Thing is, you always know you're going to get erratic refereeing with him, he's consistently shite. Must be due to step up any time soon.

Well talbot more than anyone should know about him he’s been the ref 3 times out of their 5 home league games. 

Found this strange myself. Attended the game as a neutral and being from Glasgow decided to go with the Clydebank segregation info. At the end designated for the away support there was clearly a number of talbot fans entering by that gate and standing in that end. As for the abuse the Bankies fans had to endure on leaving it was totally unacceptable and I even saw one dad stand in front of his young son to shield him from talbot fans. I always say that I pick a neutral game every week but I’m afraid talbot won’t be a place I’d go again. They need to adhere to their own segregation policy. 

No the first time Talbot fans have caused bother won’t be the last

Not the first time Bankies fans have been involved at Auchinleck either, on saturday a 14year old boy and a lad with learning difficulties were assaulted, then a mother and child were chased by a car load of bankies fans, luckily their car reg was caught and the police are involved