Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

I'm always bemused by the Dees patter about United strips being horrible. Bar the jobbie sleeves one a while back I don't really see their point. 
I find the Dees dark blue totally inoffensive. 

Imagine getting so rattled by another team the colour of their trip triggers you so bad! 

It’s not patter. The strip is honking.

Thank You.

46 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm always bemused by the Dees patter about United strips being horrible. Bar the jobbie sleeves one a while back I don't really see their point. 

I find the Dees dark blue totally inoffensive. 

Imagine getting so rattled by another team the colour of their trip triggers you so bad! 

I feel there is good reason for the term 'dayglos' personally, as I just don't like the colour orange (not sure how much United had to do with that) and I just find the kits not nice to look at.

That being said, I am in the minority it seems but I think that this year's effort is probably the best of the efforts in a while.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

11 minutes ago, RogerBoli said:

I’m looking forward to the ‘we love the army more than you’ inevitable 3rd kit

Tbf many of us don't like that also, that's there because our owners are "patriots" with a deep love for the military. That stupid fucking eagle on last season's shirt ruined what I thought was a really smart kit. I very much hope they keep it simple this season, though I don't expect them to.

17 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Tbf many of us don't like that also, that's there because our owners are "patriots" with a deep love for the military. That stupid fucking eagle on last season's shirt ruined what I thought was a really smart kit. I very much hope they keep it simple this season, though I don't expect them to.

I always buy them as I like to have a collection. Most of them have been stinking tbf 

9 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I always buy them as I like to have a collection. Most of them have been stinking tbf 

I'm looking forward to seeing a dark red Macron Dundee shirt, but I know some stupid insignia is gonna be on it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I hope the new 3rd kit has an image of Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi being chased into a tunnel by attack dogs on the front then him being blown to bits on the back. All tastefully embroidered in gold thread. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

It's meant to be an all black kit, fwiw. 

Someone said in the Dundee thread they said it was gonna be dark red at the sponsor's dinner the other night, so I'm going off that. Had heard about the all black thing, thought it was very odd and not matching the Dundee look.

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Someone said in the Dundee thread they said it was gonna be dark red at the sponsor's dinner the other night, so I'm going off that. Had heard about the all black thing, thought it was very odd and not matching the Dundee look.

All black was United change strip in the 60s , hope it's not that 

The build up to these is fucking brutal, anyone who says the enjoy it is a liar.
The build up is quality. Bevvying in the pubs around the ground before kick off is top notch as well

The 90 mins that follows though....

The build up is quality. Bevvying in the pubs around the ground before kick off is top notch as well 

The 90 mins that follows though....

Agreed, the pub an hour before kick off is the best part.

However I think he means the week leading up to it is brutal which I would also agree with. Roll on Friday. Without doubt the best derby in Britain.

Thank You.