Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

So, just to recap.  You remained until the end on 02/05/16 and you would not leave a game where United were down with 26 minutes of normal time still to play.  If only more Dundee and Dundee United fans were like you there wouldn’t be nearly as much space in the stands as there has been at times in recent derbies. [emoji6]

I was at that game, and I couldn’t get out the exit quick enough when Wightons shot hit the net. Fuckin brutal.

Couldn’t stay away, glutton for punishment ffs

41 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I was at that game, and I couldn’t get out the exit quick enough when Wightons shot hit the net. Fuckin brutal.

Couldn’t stay away, glutton for punishment ffs

That must have been you Mr McKenzie, that fine May evening in the empty front 10 rows or so.

Life experience however tells me otherwise my good peep, enjoy your weekend though.

Best regards

I find Dundee fans trying to make an issue out of Dundee United fans not attending the game that put them down strange. The desperate attempt to make out that they're better fans because of it, or at least that Dundee United fans don't turn out when their team needs them, is as comical as it is nonsense.

When we won the league in 2011 we had the trophy presented to us at East End after our game with Falkirk. Circa 60 Falkirk fans came through for it. We had a goof good laugh at them for it but absolutely no one blamed them for it.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I find Dundee fans trying to make an issue out of Dundee United fans not attending the game that put them down strange. The desperate attempt to make out that they're better fans because of it, or at least that Dundee United fans don't turn out when their team needs them, is as comical as it is nonsense.

When we won the league in 2011 we had the trophy presented to us at East End after our game with Falkirk. Circa 60 Falkirk fans came through for it. We had a goof good laugh at them for it but absolutely no one blamed them for it.

I disagree - I think the United fans that turned up that night should be lauded (Even the likes of Hooly). 

So therefore, the Arabs that turned up game after game when they expected to hump us but done a disappearing act for this occasion do deserve ridicule.

I'd expect United fan's to rightly dish out the same in return if they can win the Championship in a game involving Dundee this season, or even if we are to play them in a game after their name is on the trophy.

Best team won. We need to take it on the chin and continue to rebuild. However, having said that, I don’t think McPake inspires much hope to be honest and I’d be saying that regardless of the outcome of the derby. I’m not convinced he has what it takes tactically to mount any serious challenge for promotion.

14 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes m8, comparing a completely nothing game of football with nothing at stake for either team is the exact same as the Doon Derby. FFS.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Yes m8, comparing a completely nothing game of football with nothing at stake for either team is the exact same as the Doon Derby. FFS.

He's been trying really hard recently and that was one of his better attempts. Give him a break. 

18 minutes ago, Dele said:

He's been trying really hard recently and that was one of his better attempts. Give him a break. 

He's got to be at it now. I know he struggles to wrap his head around the relatively simple concept of a rivalry but surely no-one's that stupid to think that was a good comparison to make?

Saw the highlights now, and they were about as pleasant as I expected them to be. What in the f**k was Nelson even thinking of doing when he tried to take down the ball? Literally handed it off to Shankland. What annoys me about the penalty is that Smith is sailing that thing high either way, and had McDaid not gone for broke it would've been a harmless goal kick. The highlight package makes sure to let us know how offensively inept we were all game though. Can only hope McPake takes his week off to seriously rethink how to approach these better teams.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Do you think you will fare better when you’re playing at your new stadium?

Sadly I think not. By the time this stadium is finally built, Ogren will be gone and United will have administration to worry about than staying high enough to play the derbies.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

FTFY

Dang, 18 months? Quicker than I thought then. (Also really bad news for United if we are going by this timescale).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/science-environment-48964736&ved=2ahUKEwinxdvj0uXlAhWGilwKHZOSBEAQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2zn94rokFtrOSi0-quIM35&ampcf=1

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If it’s only 18 months we will have time to qualify for the Champions League but not participate.  That’s a bummer.