Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Fair play to United. Even with the occasional slip up they’ll finish top.

We’ll get 3rd or 4th for sure.

Thank you.

Considering the form of others in this league so far, I'm feeling more and more confident of 2nd every week.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

20 hours ago, Canadian Black Cat said:

Not very often I see Scottish football across here but had the misfortune of sitting at a table close to a group of ex-pat Dundee fans. Went into the game as a complete neutral without much of an idea what to expect. Within the hour the Dundee fans at the nearby table were racially abusing one of their own players. I've been to hundreds of sporting events across multiple sports and never heard anything like it. Fortunately once challenged on their behaviour they finished their drinks and left quickly. 

They always leave early    they are always arseholes

Looking at present form and the quality of the league, United should finish top and Dundee in the best play off position.

Was watching out for Dorrans but didn't see his qualities. The posters pointing out the lack of help from his fellow players might have a point, because given his ability and experience he should be one of the stand out players in the league.

That Declan McDaid likes a wild challenge in the box, that's the second penalty he's given United this season. 

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That Declan McDaid likes a wild challenge in the box, that's the second penalty he's given United this season. 

Hardly, considering the first one was due to him tripping up and falling headfirst into the Utd player. Haven't seen the highlights for yesterday tbf,but I doubt it was "wild".

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Hardly, considering the first one was due to him tripping up and falling headfirst into the Utd player. Haven't seen the highlights for yesterday tbf,but I doubt it was "wild".

Not seen highlights either, but at the match it looked like a two footed challenge, watching from behind the goal. I was surprised the ref didn't even book McDaid.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sorry Ross but it was a “wild” tackle.  Absolutely crazy to lunge two footed into a tackle in the box like he did.  Referee was spot on with his decision.

37 minutes ago, Beer and United said:

They always leave early    they are always arseholes

2-0 down with 26+ minutes to play is not an impossible position to come back from.  Must be a bit disheartening for the players to see a fair number of fans leave.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

2-0 down with 26+ minutes to play is not an impossible position to come back from.  Must be a bit disheartening for the players to see a fair number of fans leave.

With 90 minutes to play it must have been a a bit disheartening for the United players to run out onto the pitch on 02/05/16 to see a fair number of their fans never bothered to turn up.  It appears that these sort of things happen in derbies.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Sorry Ross but it was a “wild” tackle.  Absolutely crazy to lunge two footed into a tackle in the box like he did.  Referee was spot on with his decision.

I don't deny it, had a look back and saw people agreeing. But it's not something he does all the same.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

With 90 minutes to play it must have been a a bit disheartening for the United players to run out onto the pitch on 02/05/16 to see a fair number of their fans never bothered to turn up.  It appears that these sort of things happen in derbies.

I was there for the whole game,

19 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Congratulations.  I don’t leave games early either, however, the point I was making still stands.

I have left games early.  I imagine most fans do at some point.

However my point definitely stands; I’d not leave a game where we were 2-0 down with 26 minutes of normal time still to play.

1 minute ago, This Charming Man said:

In spirit, or in tears, or both?  lol

Respect if you were though, I witnessed United clinch the Premier League at Dens. Not pleasant from my viewpoint I can tell you!

Best regards

In person and not in tears.  Whilst I enjoy watching United I’ve never been driven to tears of sadness or joy.

Best regards to you too.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have left games early.  I imagine most fans do at some point.

However my point definitely stands; I’d not leave a game where we were 2-0 down with 26 minutes of normal time still to play.

So, just to recap.  You remained until the end on 02/05/16 and you would not leave a game where United were down with 26 minutes of normal time still to play.  If only more Dundee and Dundee United fans were like you there wouldn’t be nearly as much space in the stands as there has been at times in recent derbies. 😉

39 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In person and not in tears.  Whilst I enjoy watching United I’ve never been driven to tears of sadness or joy.

Best regards to you too.

We're all football peeps, merely wear different colours my man.

Respect though, I'm sure many of your fellow posters on here didn't take the pain that sunny May evening.

Best regards

Edited by This Charming Man