Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

19 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Respect to Dundee! I thought you done all you can first half in thwarting United. But the class shown through! We’re just a better team currently but I’m sure you will do well and have a chance in the play offs!

You're clearly pissed oot your nut, this is easily the least insufferable post I've ever seen from you.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Respect to Dundee! I thought you done all you can first half in thwarting United. But the class shown through! We’re just a better team currently but I’m sure you will do well and have a chance in the play offs!
You're only saying that since you lot won[emoji1787].....neither team was good but Shanklands class shown through. We were very very very shite. That's it [emoji23]

Now it's calmed, I feel I can just say that was everything I feared yet completely expected going in. I don't need to say it, but United are clearly the best team in the league by a wide margin, and as with ICT the previous week showed it. Even when not playing superb they control the flow of the game when their mind is in it. They danced around the midfield and defence for all 90 minutes tonight, Dundee had to fight hard to deal with the fast pace because our gimmick is to play slow as f**k, and that NEVER WORKS IN A FUCKING DERBY, JAZZA. So once again, fair fucks you dabs.

Dorrans was severely underwhelming, Nelson was shockingly bad and I wish Mackie was in his position in all honesty, who made some decent passes going forward, but he was too busy embarrassing himself at LB. Was shaky as f**k, must've let the ball roll from his feet out for a throw in 4 or 5 times, we missed Marshall dearly. Unsure if I agree with opinions I heard about Byrne being one of our worst performers, as I thought he was one of the few who could string a couple passes together. McDaid was shocking tonight, no ifs, ands or buts. Hemmings was anonymous, but I think that's more a credit to Watson than his own failings. McGowan also very underwhelming, his worst game of the season yet easily. Kerr... was good, so there's that. Thought Hazard did all he could tbh, certainly nothing to be ashamed of for him I feel. Forster and McGhee weren't teeeerrible imo. Johnson was slightly better than Hemmings coming on, but also anon. And wee McPake... god bless him, he's not ready for a game like that.

I am not getting on at big McPake too much for that, just hope he can pick his head up from this once again and hopefully get another string of positive results going before United go and fucking derail that too just after Christmas. I will say that I believe he has learned since the last derby and improved, but that's not particularly high praise. Just hope he learns again from this and considers a different strategy for the next derby.

For how shite the end of the evening was, the first half had a cracking atmosphere that was enjoyable to be in, and I had much more fun with that than I did with the football presented. It's over now though, and we move on.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

13 hours ago, MacArab said:

Considering he got booked (deservedly) after about 45 seconds,  he was absolutely superb the rest of the game. Showed great discipline and a fair bit of skI'll imo.

In the not too distant past, there would have been no fucking chance that he would have survived the game without seeing red.

Shankland got MOTM but Butcher a close second for me.

P2BAA

I had Butcher as my motm. Brilliant player and if all united players had the same desire as he does we’d be miles ahead of the rest.

Edited by kdyteejay

Now it's calmed, I feel I can just say that was everything I feared yet completely expected going in. I don't need to say it, but United are clearly the best team in the league by a wide margin, and as with ICT the previous week showed it. Even when not playing superb they control the flow of the game when their mind is in it. They danced around the midfield and defence for all 90 minutes tonight, Dundee had to fight hard to deal with the fast pace because our gimmick is to play slow as f**k, and that NEVER WORKS IN A FUCKING DERBY, JAZZA. So once again, fair fucks you dabs.
Dorrans was severely underwhelming, Nelson was shockingly bad and I wish Mackie was in his position in all honesty, who made some decent passes going forward, but he was too busy embarrassing himself at LB. Was shaky as f**k, must've let the ball roll from his feet out for a throw in 4 or 5 times, we missed Marshall dearly. Unsure if I agree with opinions I heard about Byrne being one of our worst performers, as I thought he was one of the few who could string a couple passes together. McDaid was shocking tonight, no ifs, ands or buts. Hemmings was anonymous, but I think that's more a credit to Watson than his own failings. McGowan also very underwhelming, his worst game of the season yet easily. Kerr... was good, so there's that. Thought Hazard did all he could tbh, certainly nothing to be ashamed of for him I feel. Forster and McGhee weren't teeeerrible imo. Johnson was slightly better than Hemmings coming on, but also anon. And wee McPake... god bless him, he's not ready for a game like that.
I am not getting on at big McPake too much for that, just hope he can pick his head up from this once again and hopefully get another string of positive results going before United go and fucking derail that too just after Christmas.
For how shite the end of the evening was, the first half had a cracking atmosphere to be in and had much more fun with that than I did with the football presented. It's over now though, and we move on.
Fair play.

Not to state the obvious, but we are absolutely miles ahead of you guys. As a rule, I hate derby games (the nerves normally kill me) but these two this season, I've called them both as very comfortable wins beforehand. Glad to proved right.

3 minutes ago, kdyteejay said:

I had Butcher as my moth. Brilliant player and if all united players had the same desire as he does we’d be miles ahead of the rest.

I’m glad he was able to stay away from the floodlights though.

1 hour ago, Jock Tamson said:

Fair play.

Not to state the obvious, but we are absolutely miles ahead of you guys. As a rule, I hate derby games (the nerves normally kill me) but these two this season, I've called them both as very comfortable wins beforehand. Glad to proved right.

“Not to state the obvious”, but you’re one of those self-important  DAB dicks, aren’t you? 

Edited by derryrhumba

“Not to state the obvious”, but you’re one of those self-important  DAB dicks, aren’t you? 

Not to state the obvious, but Utds financial doping has them on a firmer footing - can’t deny it.

We were shite, no quarrel from any Dundee fan, but all Utd have done is built a strong championship side on a large premiership budget.

Unfortunately we have dragged ourselves down to Dundee Utds level and they have beaten us with experience. Absolute veterans at this level now and with a budget to make most premiership teams (and your average financial adviser) blush.

That game would get football stopped. Throughout the 90 mins there was one period of football which resulted in Shankland hitting the post - even thenit featured players falling over and just being extremely scrappy.

4 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Not to state the obvious, but Utds financial doping has them on a firmer footing - can’t deny it.

We were shite, no quarrel from any Dundee fan, but all Utd have done is built a strong championship side on a large premiership budget.

Unfortunately we have dragged ourselves down to Dundee Utds level and they have beaten us with experience. Absolute veterans at this level now and with a budget to make most premiership teams (and your average financial adviser) blush.

That game would get football stopped. Throughout the 90 mins there was one period of football which resulted in Shankland hitting the post - even thenit featured players falling over and just being extremely scrappy.

Oh yes. More of these sorts of posts please Dundee.

5 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

Bless

6 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

hahahahahahahaha

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just watched the goals again.  Shankland’s is a brilliant individual effort.

Wasn't there some sort of assist from James McPake? He took off the terrible McGowan,  but forgot to tell someone else to cover the space he had be patrolling for most of the match. Seconds later, Shankland picks up the ball in that space and goes on to score.

IMG_20191103_185646.jpeg