Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

17 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

McGowan has had a few good games against United, but he was dreadful tonight.

I was worried about United's midfield tonight, but they were well on top.

I don’t think there was a single Dundee player who got pass marks tonight.

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Remember Dundee fans slated Butcher? Rather have him in my team than that set of guisers in dark blue

Considering he got booked (deservedly) after about 45 seconds,  he was absolutely superb the rest of the game. Showed great discipline and a fair bit of skI'll imo.

In the not too distant past, there would have been no fucking chance that he would have survived the game without seeing red.

Shankland got MOTM but Butcher a close second for me.

P2BAA

On 01/11/2019 at 21:37, Dee Man said:

Bring it. 

We brought it.

On 01/11/2019 at 21:49, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

1258254642_gettyimages-1178141468-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.f4679771f882fbd27099f7a94c192dba(1).jpg.9fc89284108bb1ffca6b2cb473c0e524.jpg

Who he?

On 01/11/2019 at 22:59, The Master said:

We'll definitely win against Angus United. 

Maybe, but not against Dundee United.

On 01/11/2019 at 23:01, RossBFaeDundee said:

It's at Dens on a Friday night, you better believe it's gonna be another shitfest 2-1 win for the Dees.

Nope.

On 02/11/2019 at 14:28, Spikethedee said:

Going into a derby with a good run of form behind us.

We always arse these things up. Prove me wrong, for once, Dundee....

They proved you right.

38 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Shite first half, shite early period in the second. Once we got the penalty we absolutely cruised the rest of the match and could have scored more. 

Pity to see so many Dundee fans leave after the second goal, there was still plenty of football to play and they could have got themselves back in the game.

20 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Our patter might be poor but our football team completely owned you tonight and that is the second time this season.

I’ll take points and performances over patter.

This smug shite is much more subtle than the likes of Danger can present. Fair play.

Shite first half, shite early period in the second. Once we got the penalty we absolutely cruised the rest of the match and could have scored more. 
Pity to see so many Dundee fans leave after the second goal, there was still plenty of football to play and they could have got themselves back in the game.
You joking with that last comment ?surely a dig[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]hard to perceive sarcasm properly over the internet[emoji1787]

Honestly thought Watson was United's best player tonight. Snuffed out any attack, absolutely dominated Hemmings and kept it simple and whilst we didn't look like causing many issues whatsoever, he didn't allow anything to develop. 

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly thought Watson was United's best player tonight. Snuffed out any attack, absolutely dominated Hemmings and kept it simple and whilst we didn't look like causing many issues whatsoever, he didn't allow anything to develop. 

This.

If Connolly gets back in next week in Watson's place, then Robbie needs his fucking head looked at.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye Watson's a perfectly serviceable centre half. No nonsense and very good at attacking headers in both boxes. Much like Connolly and a bit less rash.

He's probably got the worst reputation out of the 3 but he looks miles above Connolly whom I wouldn't thank you for and based on tonight and tonight alone, he looked better with the ball at his feet than Reynolds as well.

Great team performance by United, tonight. Very cagey first half from both teams, but we looked organised and didn’t give Dundee much time on the ball, which is a big improvement on past performances.
Second half there just seems to be more purpose in our play. Great goals, shankland’s seemed to be created out of nothing. Great touch.
Great atmosphere tonight, marred only by some lone idiot at the beginning. Arabs were different class.
Derry were the Derry and started to leave with a good 15 minutes to go. Wanks.

Great start to the weekend.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
I don’t think there was a single Dundee player who got pass marks tonight.

Cammy Kerr - who I've not been a fan of at all recently - stuck to his task of staying with Appere - very little progress down the left for United - both goals can from play down the right.

Yeah, fair enough.