Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

This. 
So so negative and slow - United just had to close us down and we then resorted to Forster lumping it up the park.

Playing with Mackie is like playing with 10 players as well - an utter liability of a player (even if he didn't cause the goals). The two brainfarts that led to the goals aside we really just didn't move the ball quickly enough - we need to go to a faster counterattacking game instead of the slow laboured shite we seem to be playing.

Dundee could still be playing and wouldn't have scored. They were dire.

United weren't great but they looked far more threatening, especially with shankland. He's a class above.

No sign of any change with the subs either, which is worrying. They couldn't lay a glove on United all night, and maybe got caught up too much in the intensity and fight of the early stages. There was plenty of that but absolutely no quality.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

United weren't great but they looked far more threatening, especially with shankland. He's a class above.

No sign of any change with the subs either, which is worrying. They couldn't lay a glove on United all night, and maybe got caught up too much in the intensity and fight of the early stages. There was plenty of that but absolutely no quality.

Perfectly sums up the game.  Time to close this thread.  Thank you.

Shite first half, shite early period in the second. Once we got the penalty we absolutely cruised the rest of the match and could have scored more. 

Pity to see so many Dundee fans leave after the second goal, there was still plenty of football to play and they could have got themselves back in the game.

Still had enough to beat your lot comfortably (twice) so will take our chances in the playoffs.

Thank You.

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A midfield containing McGowan, Byrne and Dorrans shouldn't be struggling to control games. 

McGowan has had a few good games against United, but he was dreadful tonight.

I was worried about United's midfield tonight, but they were well on top.

I'm as entitled to my reactionary thoughts as you are to your sanguine ones.
I see nothing here, or in the season so far that suggests we will coast into a play off place and emerge from the process successfully.
I've seen this twice before and seen the effect it has had on the club.
Another extended spell in the second tier is not something to be accepted with a shrug.

Wheesht with your reactionary thoughts if you please.