Dundee v Aundee United, The Dundee Derby

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I genuinely believe we have the players to make a decent team (not a championship winning one) - McPake just isn't getting the best out of his players.

A midfield containing McGowan, Byrne and Dorrans shouldn't be struggling to control games.  

In saying that, McDaid is a total pony, Nelson isnt a winger either, so your midfield three having nothing helping them, then your full backs are abysmal too, so theres literally nothing out wide. Hemmings has the same issue we're having with May, prefers to get in behind, but theres absolutely no chance anyone is playing them in so theyre forced deep just to get a touch of the ball.

1 minute ago, killie_lad said:

That was a genuinely embarrassing performance from Dundee, barely a competent footballer on the pitch. Did they have a shot on target?

One. One fucking 'shot' on target if you can call it that.

Too many passengers. Heads straight down at 2-0 and decided that was game over. 

Mackie couldn't control soft 10 yard passes all night and passed straight to them every time. Completely out of his depth. 

I'm just not seeing anything in Shaun Byrne at all.

Andy Nelson was shite and should've been subbed instead of McGowan.

Josh McPake has the heart of a mouse and roughly the same footballing ability. 

Etc, etc.

Aye, if I were Hemmings I’d be ripping up my contract and fucking off back down south. Imagine playing with that absolute garbage service.

This.

So so negative and slow - United just had to close us down and we then resorted to Forster lumping it up the park.

Playing with Mackie is like playing with 10 players as well - an utter liability of a player (even if he didn't cause the goals). The two brainfarts that led to the goals aside we really just didn't move the ball quickly enough - we need to go to a faster counterattacking game instead of the slow laboured shite we seem to be playing.

A midfield containing McGowan, Byrne and Dorrans shouldn't be struggling to control games.  
In saying that, McDaid is a total pony, Nelson isnt a winger either, so your midfield three having nothing helping them, then your full backs are abysmal too, so theres literally nothing out wide. Hemmings has the same issue we're having with May, prefers to get in behind, but theres absolutely no chance anyone is playing them in so theyre forced deep just to get a touch of the ball.

Agree with a lot of this.

3 minutes ago, Canadian Black Cat said:

Not very often I see Scottish football across here but had the misfortune of sitting at a table close to a group of ex-pat Dundee fans. Went into the game as a complete neutral without much of an idea what to expect. Within the hour the Dundee fans at the nearby table were racially abusing one of their own players. I've been to hundreds of sporting events across multiple sports and never heard anything like it. Fortunately once challenged on their behaviour they finished their drinks and left quickly. 

This definitely 100% happened. 

What sad c**t made this account up?

Eta: Takes a look at who greenied a post about racial abuse. Ah. Stay classy Szammo. 

Edited by Dee Man

A deserved win for United.

I want to give some praise to Appere for his attitude tonight. He had a tough time against Dundee's full back, losing out on most occasions, but he did not hide. He kept making himself available for the ball and kept closing down the opposition and was a player that Dundee had to keep an eye on all game.

United miles better again, just wait and these gutless wonders will cough up a couple of goals.

Every instinct in that team is to slow it down, strange when all that does is give you more time to see how shite they are.

United will finish 15-20 points ahead of Dundee unless something radically changes.

Dundee will struggle to make the playoffs and if they do they will get nothing out of them.