2010s

ICTChris

Guest Moomintroll
Totally agree with the way social media has completely warped how folk perceive themselves and how they feel the need to present the ‘perfect’ version of themselves at all times.

It’s utter nonsense and a ticking mental health time bomb as others have said.

The decade, personally, has been mixed.

Met my current partner near the start of the decade (good thing, just in case he’s reading); Moved out of the family home (also good), then moved back in due to finances (bad).

Still, the next decade is looking positive already. Just a shame the planet will be in the fiery depths of hell by the end of it.
I despair at times when I see what some people put on the likes of Instagram & Facebook, it is sad when you know someone who is having an absolute shitshow of a time yet they still see the need to pretend life is perfect on there.

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

For me the 2010s were the point at which I realised we'll never evolve as a species and are doomed to do the same things over and over. At least I can rely on the British ability to absolutely recognise the futility of it all and carry on regardless.

^^ Paul Heaton. 

6 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Totally agree with the way social media has completely warped how folk perceive themselves and how they feel the need to present the ‘perfect’ version of themselves at all times.  It’s utter nonsense and a ticking mental health time bomb as others have said.

I had a Scout's parent phone me up at 10pm last night because their kid needed his phone for the weekend.  This was because I'd had the audacity to confiscate his phone during the meet when we have a strict no phones policy, only for him to run away home without it as soon as we finished.

I got a fairly convincing 'why I deserve a phone on a Friday night' spiel from the mum and therefore (stupidly) agreed to fire back down to the hall at 22:30, only to later find out that the reason he needed it was "for Facebook, otherwise he can't play with his friends or see what they're doing all weekend".   Needless to say, I was (and still am) seething.  I genuine hope it dies1.

1 Facebook, not the kid.

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

For me the 2010s were the point at which I realised we'll never evolve as a species and are doomed to do the same things over and over. At least I can rely on the British ability to absolutely recognise the futility of it all and carry on regardless.

I for one look forward to all the LOTR, Star Wars and Marvel remakes that'll inevitably hit the big screens by the early 30s.  

Can't wait.

Guest Moomintroll
My son left high school and is now in his 4th year at Glasgow uni all in this decade.

This all means i am and adult c**t.

Time for this.

[/url]

My son left high school and is now in his 4th year at Glasgow uni all in this decade.

This all means i am and adult c**t.

Time for this.

Ffs Romeo, you just cant help yourself. Stop inserting Green in everything you do.

Edinburgh City rose like an eagle to sail in to the Scottish League: pleasing

Livingston FC lasted the decade: disappointing. 

The only other thing I can thing of is that the Apocalypse didn't happen the moment Hibs won the Scottish Cup as I always predicted it would. 

The first 9 years of my daughters life meaning lie ins are a distant memory, punctuated by seeing Aberdeen lift a Mickey Mouse cup from behind a pillar in a stadium which normally holds a bunch of racist and bigots.

Ill come back with the highlights later.

One of the worst things about this decade is the rise of the neoliberal woke culture passed off as activism. People pretending to be offended by everything for followers.

Go woke, have a stroke, become broke, have a toke, eat the yoke, gives me the bike, shoved a stick into the spoke.

48 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

One of the worst things about this decade is the rise of the neoliberal woke culture passed off as activism. People pretending to be offended by everything for followers.

Neoliberal and woke are a contradiction in labelling terms surely?