Cup Final

First final of the season, no surprise the big 2 involved, if both at full strength could be too close to call, might even go all the way to Pens, on paper both teams very evenly matched, odd goal in it I think 2-1 or 3-2 to someone or score draw and pens, any thoughts?

3 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

They had a  preset 10pm timeout (apparently) due insurance and H&S.

Absolutely nothing to do with Insurance or H&S ! Lights in Council 3Gs are preset to go out at 10pm as stated but the Club thought they could manually override this which they couldn’t  ! The game started at least five minutes late and the second half was 7 minutes behind schedule which wasn’t ideal but surely had the Officials kept the game on time they could’ve managed 2 hours of football in a 150 minute window ? Shame really as it was a decent game , harsh on both teams and the fans - lessons need to be learned , should’ve started at 7.15 to be safe and time keeping needed to be adhered to ! 

9 minutes ago, AML67 said:

Absolutely nothing to do with Insurance or H&S ! Lights in Council 3Gs are preset to go out at 10pm as stated but the Club thought they could manually override this which they couldn’t  ! The game started at least five minutes late and the second half was 7 minutes behind schedule which wasn’t ideal but surely had the Officials kept the game on time they could’ve managed 2 hours of football in a 150 minute window ? Shame really as it was a decent game , harsh on both teams and the fans - lessons need to be learned , should’ve started at 7.15 to be safe and time keeping needed to be adhered to ! 

And why could they not manually override the lights...?

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

I’m not an electrical technician but I believe there’s a USB port in the box that requires    a laptop to be connected to alter the timer ! I may well be wrong but I’ve heard this explanation being mentioned previously therefore not permitting manual over ride but as I say I’m really not sure if that’s the case. You have to believe if it was possible to alter the timer someone surely would’ve done so to avoid the unfortunate end to the match.

2 hours ago, cmontheloknow said:

NSFC asked the lighting technicians,who installed the lights and they were unable to tell them how to override  . The only way to get longer time is to permanently alter the time clock which of course would be in breach of planning permission. As stated the game start was delayed by the referee and the halftime break was extended also by the ref who had also blown for full time just before the main lights went out. There were still 15 mins of emergency lighting left. Has common sense gone out the window in football?  

16 hours ago, AML67 said:

Even still tho if it had been 7.15 kick off and it needed penalties it would probably have been a struggle to get them finished

22 hours ago, formerdefender1961 said:

Even still tho if it had been 7.15 kick off and it needed penalties it would probably have been a struggle to get them finished

7.15 start would’ve given the Officials 165 minutes in which to play 2 hours of football then any potential penalties ! Surely having three quarters of an hour in hand and even allowing for stoppages , HT and FT breaks they could easily have played the match to a conclusion. All these facilities are 10pm for floodlights so surely this needed to be taken into account , therefore the Officials should’ve started the match on time , then again for the second half with perhaps a ten minutes stoppage at the interval ! The host Club has take all the flak here for something that was completely  our with their control - they didn’t set the kick off time , they didn’t delay the start times , they couldn’t alter the floodlight timings but still all and sundry pointed the finger firmly in their direction when factors decided by other parties effectively caused this scenario. A lesson can be learned here to avoid any future repeat of the disappointing conclusion to a great match so hopefully the Executive will take these things into account when making their decision tonight 

6 hours ago, AML67 said:

7.15 start would’ve given the Officials 165 minutes in which to play 2 hours of football then any potential penalties ! Surely having three quarters of an hour in hand and even allowing for stoppages , HT and FT breaks they could easily have played the match to a conclusion. All these facilities are 10pm for floodlights so surely this needed to be taken into account , therefore the Officials should’ve started the match on time , then again for the second half with perhaps a ten minutes stoppage at the interval ! The host Club has take all the flak here for something that was completely  our with their control - they didn’t set the kick off time , they didn’t delay the start times , they couldn’t alter the floodlight timings but still all and sundry pointed the finger firmly in their direction when factors decided by other parties effectively caused this scenario. A lesson can be learned here to avoid any future repeat of the disappointing conclusion to a great match so hopefully the Executive will take these things into account when making their decision tonight 

don’t think anyone can Blame Newton Stewart at all what happened. Think the referee and his officials are to blame for this and even the league itself for not making referee aware and arranging it for half 7 kick off. Also a shame for both clubs involved in what I hear was a fantastic game but whatever decision is made is prob going to be the wrong one but I’m my opinion I think would be very harsh to not award the win to Stranraer especially when cup finals and games etc have been awarded to winning team at time when there was much longer time left in game to play 

SSFL League Cup Final

Tue 5 Nov, 2019

The SSFL Executive Committee met this evening to discuss the events at the SSFL League Cup Final on Friday 01 November.
The SSFL Executive Committee have decided that the match will be replayed.
A new date will be set for a Saturday afternoon sometime in the New Year 2020.
The re-scheduled match will again be played at Blairmount Park, Newton Stewart.
Admission to the Final will be free for all spectators.
The new date will be published as soon as possible

• 2 months later...