'Well - Livi

Probably but it was still a stupid challenge and the guy went down easily (and I can't understand how he could have been injured to the extent he was making out) but he didn't need to make the challenge. There was no way he could have won the ball in that situation and all he did was give him a chance to go down.

On 03/11/2019 at 07:56, ropy said:

Looked like he kicked him up the arse - is that a penalty these days?

A lot gets made of that quick throw in against County, there was another throw in on the other side of the pitch before the move that led to the goal.

Cole’s goal midweek was a beauty and absolves him from sin. 

^^^Doesn't know his arse from his knee.

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Probably but it was still a stupid challenge and the guy went down easily (and I can't understand how he could have been injured to the extent he was making out) but he didn't need to make the challenge. There was no way he could have won the ball in that situation and all he did was give him a chance to go down.

:lol:

Aye getting kicked on the knee from behind does that to you, 'gives you the chance to go down'. It was a penalty, no ifs or buts, or arguments at all.

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

^^^Doesn't know his arse from his knee.

:lol:

Aye getting kicked on the knee from behind does that to you, 'gives you the chance to go down'. It was a penalty, no ifs or buts, or arguments at all.

As far as I'm aware booting someone up the arse like they are Bishop Brennan is a stick on penalty. 

And a red card.

Surely you’re not saying that Cole should have been shown a red card for the tackle that gave away the penalty? Stupidly on Cole’s part and it was a penalty, but to say that is a red card is beyond laughable.

Livi came with a game plan and it was working. Tried to nullify our wingers and force us to play through the middle. This resulted in us creating very little. Livi in turn rarely threatened at the other end. Shocker from the GK for the first goal, I’ve already covered the penalty above and we got a bit of luck for the winner.

Won’t be a match that anyone will be looking the highlights out in the future.

4 hours ago, Mitch said:

Surely you’re not saying that Cole should have been shown a red card for the tackle that gave away the penalty? Stupidly on Cole’s part and it was a penalty, but to say that is a red card is beyond laughable.

Livi came with a game plan and it was working. Tried to nullify our wingers and force us to play through the middle. This resulted in us creating very little. Livi in turn rarely threatened at the other end. Shocker from the GK for the first goal, I’ve already covered the penalty above and we got a bit of luck for the winner.

Won’t be a match that anyone will be looking the highlights out in the future.

Nah the topic went off on a tangent, I was replying to the poster that said a kick up the arse like Bishop Brennan got from Father Ted would've been a penalty. :lol: 

Tiffoney got kicked on the side of his knee by Cole though, and the pen was the right decision.

Strangely, after reading the comments yesterday I was watching the second Harry Potter film with the kids last night and Bishop Brennan popped round for tea (Harry's uncle's house, not mine). I couldn't think of anything but him getting kicked up the arse.
What a defining moment to have of what is probably a long and distinguished acting career.