'Well - Livi

23 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Absolute NAP that we concede a late goal here btw.

8 minutes ago, crispy said:

Don’t think we deserved to lost that; thought we were the better team 2nd half

Same old story, close but no cigar.

Came in and checked the score after hearing Sarkic had let one slip through his legs when I was listening to updates on the car radio, saw we'd equalised and didn't check back till the game had ended, just knew we'd lose 2-1. Tough game for us though, made even tougher with the players we have out, and we were all expecting to lose, so no great surprise. If we'd got anything it would've been a fantastic effort, next 2 games are going to be equally tough, and we'll be doing well (no pun intended) to get anything from them.

Still shows we've got a decent squad this season, we put up a good show even with about 5 important players missing, and some others having to be rested on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Injuries are killing us.On the plus side yeh we lost. But not by as many as i thought before hand.So damage limitation sustained. Was always gonna be a tough shift.Other teams know that we dont have a back up striker.We are making it easier for them.Gonna be so difficult for us to sustain our place in the top flight.Too many points dropped. 

I think you are being a bit glass ‘half empty’. Candidates for 3rd best in t he country are Motherwell/Killie/Aberdeen. We are holding our own against established teams in this league. 

Appreciate I may be seeing things through Livi tinted specs so will be interested to hear what ‘Well fans think. Gillespie made a couple of good saves and I think the winner was an error from us. Looks like a hooked shot going wide which Guthrie tried to clear and played it to Campbell. It wasn’t injuries that undid is for goals today it was errors.

Edited by crispy

Far from a great performance. Controlled the first half but couldn't convert possession into many chances.

Hilarious goalkeeping for our first.

Then a really shambolic penalty to concede. Cole might have gotten away with his challenge if he didn't stop and turn around to appeal to the ref with the ball a few yards from him. Lawless scoring is no shock. Ex players are certs to score with even Dom Thomas managing it during the week.

Thought our midfield was poor in the 2nd half. No movement at all and Campbell was having a shocker until he popped up with the winner. Gallagher and Hartley were solid again and that was enough to keep Livi from getting anything. Good 3 points on not a great showing.

31 minutes ago, crispy said:

I think you are being a bit glass ‘half empty’. Candidates for 3rd best in t he country are Motherwell/Killie/Aberdeen. We are holding our own against established teams in this league. 

Appreciate I may be seeing things through Livi tinted specs so will be interested to hear what ‘Well fans think. Gillespie made a couple of good saves and I think the winner was an error from us. Looks like a hooked shot going wide which Guthrie tried to clear and played it to Campbell. It wasn’t injuries that undid is for goals today it was errors.

Crispy, you know full well a full streaghth Livi team would have a great chance of getting a result here.,but injuries did play a part in this.Yes errors cost us,but with two or three of these players on that pitch,imo would have made a difference.Only my oppinion of course.

I think that

30 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Far from a great performance. Controlled the first half but couldn't convert possession into many chances.

Hilarious goalkeeping for our first.

Then a really shambolic penalty to concede. Cole might have gotten away with his challenge if he didn't stop and turn around to appeal to the ref with the ball a few yards from him. Lawless scoring is no shock. Ex players are certs to score with even Dom Thomas managing it during the week.

Thought our midfield was poor in the 2nd half. No movement at all and Campbell was having a shocker until he popped up with the winner. Gallagher and Hartley were solid again and that was enough to keep Livi from getting anything. Good 3 points on not a great showing.

Pretty how much how I saw the game as well other than Hylton really showing some class today, played with some confidence. Donnelly was poor and I thought he should have done more to help Campbell out in the centre.

Edited by Well Well

We weren’t that good today but we still dominated the ball and apart from a ten minute spell after we conceded, I felt we were in control. I never felt like we were going to lose anyway.

I think the lack of a decent central midfielder on the bench hampered us because Livingston totally stopped Allan Campbell for the second time this season. Donnelly never offered much either. There was a total lack of movement at times.

I think Hylton has improved and has noticeably got stronger, but I’d be tempted to bring Sherwin back in. Without Scott on the wing we lacked an aerial outball when nothing was on. I think those two made the difference. Great save by Gillespie at the end as well.

Not playing well and winning. What’s not to like?

Hylton was ok but there was very little end product. We didn't look interested in working crosses from the left. Carroll never looked at getting an overlap. Most of the time he was forced onto his weaker foot and was unable to beat his man.

I thought Seedorf was much more direct when he came on. Not afraid to take on players and work his way inside. That is how we got the winner. Seedorf battled his way into the box to set up a shooting chance that broke to Campbell to tuck away.

2 random irritations. Motherwell need to learn the new sub rule. At least Hylton ran to the halfway line where as Cole trudged off slowly for 40 yards when he could have stepped off the side of the park. And Livi need to brush up on the new drop ball rule.

35 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Still shows we've got a decent squad this season, we put up a good show even with about 5 important players missing, and some others having to be rested on the bench.

Who are the key players missing? Devlin and Dykes, that’s it, definitely not 5 players. It’s Holts fault for saying we did not need another striker. 
Can’t believe the attitude of people on here, we’re in danger this season, maybe I’m being harsh, but to me that performance was nowhere near good enough. How can we go away from home and play so negatively time and time again? We just sat so deep and invited so much pressure, we are simply not good enough to try and defend for 90  minutes. We made peter Hartley look like a genuine ball playing centre half. If we sit like that against rangers and Celtic in our next 2 games they’re going to be very long days.

When we scored we actually had a bit of momentum and pressed so well, we looked the better team for about 10 minutes. Then we dropped deeper and deeper and inevitably conceded. Just for once I would love to see us go out and try to win an away game, and not sit back so deep for the full 90. Fed up with away games.

You can't complain after six points but it sounds like we've had two fairly unconvincing victories. We need to improve before we start facing teams who actually know how to play on grass.

3 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Hylton was ok but there was very little end product. We didn't look interested in working crosses from the left. Carroll never looked at getting an overlap. Most of the time he was forced onto his weaker foot and was unable to beat his man.

I thought Seedorf was much more direct when he came on. Not afraid to take on players and work his way inside. That is how we got the winner. Seedorf battled his way into the box to set up a shooting chance that broke to Campbell to tuck away.

2 random irritations. Motherwell need to learn the new sub rule. At least Hylton ran to the halfway line where as Cole trudged off slowly for 40 yards when he could have stepped off the side of the park. And Livi need to brush up on the new drop ball rule.

Think the fact that during the game there was nothing on here from Well fans says it all.Check back and see if im wrong.Ask big Deccy.Too many of our players sitting in the stand who would have made a difference.Enjoy your night.Wee know our goal.

It was a Livingston player trying to referee the game that was annoying me. I think it was number 11. Wee arsehole.

9 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Who are the key players missing? Devlin and Dykes, that’s it, definitely not 5 players. It’s Holts fault for saying we did not need another striker. 
Can’t believe the attitude of people on here, we’re in danger this season, maybe I’m being harsh, but to me that performance was nowhere near good enough. How can we go away from home and play so negatively time and time again? We just sat so deep and invited so much pressure, we are simply not good enough to try and defend for 90  minutes. We made peter Hartley look like a genuine ball playing centre half. If we sit like that against rangers and Celtic in our next 2 games they’re going to be very long days.

When we scored we actually had a bit of momentum and pressed so well, we looked the better team for about 10 minutes. Then we dropped deeper and deeper and inevitably conceded. Just for once I would love to see us go out and try to win an away game, and not sit back so deep for the full 90. Fed up with away games.

Are you havin a laugh. Devlin who has been magnificent for us recently and Dykes missing.Your a Livi fan.But Ffs. No striker means no return.Fact.

2 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

I'd say Dykes and Devlin were def key yep , but the likes of Miller, Souda and Erskine would've been first choice had they been available today, and having to rest Lawless and Robinson also left us weaker from our starting eleven.

Yep I think you're being harsh, and expecting too much, lets be honest here, pre match we wouldn't have been surprised if we got beaten 3-0 with the players we were missing. Think our performances have got us a bit carried away tbh, we've dropped a few points we could/should have got, but expectation was that we'd be battling it out down the bottom anyway, and that isn't happening yet. I actually think we'll be comfortably away from the bottom 2 again this season, lets look at where we are when we've played everyone twice, and not get panicky if we drop down a few places in our next 2 games. We've got Sevco at home and Celtic away next, this is the toughest 3 games we are going to get this season, but the other teams below us have to play them too, so it'll even out. I think we've a chance at home against Sevco, maybe Dykes will make that one, which would boost our chances, don't hold out much hope at Celtic park, they'll be out for revenge from us beating them.

12 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'd say Dykes and Devlin were def key yep , but the likes of Miller, Souda and Erskine would've been first choice had they been available today, and having to rest Lawless and Robinson also left us weaker from our starting eleven.

Yep I think you're being harsh, and expecting too much, lets be honest here, pre match we wouldn't have been surprised if we got beaten 3-0 with the players we were missing. Think our performances have got us a bit carried away tbh, we've dropped a few points we could/should have got, but expectation was that we'd be battling it out down the bottom anyway, and that isn't happening yet. I actually think we'll be comfortably away from the bottom 2 again this season, lets look at where we are when we've played everyone twice, and not get panicky if we drop down a few places in our next 2 games. We've got Sevco at home and Celtic away next, this is the toughest 3 games we are going to get this season, but the other teams below us have to play them too, so it'll even out. I think we've a chance at home against Sevco, maybe Dykes will make that one, which would boost our chances, don't hold out much hope at Celtic park, they'll be out for revenge from us beating them.

Totally agree L/F.I certainly,wasnt being harsh.Sarkich didnt cover himself in glory.Its so frustrating knowing that we dont have that striking option that so many teams would struggle to contain. Auld firm next. Help ma boab.

49 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Crispy, you know full well a full streaghth Livi team would have a great chance of getting a result here.,but injuries did play a part in this.Yes errors cost us,but with two or three of these players on that pitch,imo would have made a difference.Only my oppinion of course.

Not having a go at you, Troy.

I agree we would be much better with Devlin and Dykes in the team. Lawless is obviously a usual starter too.

I don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest we’ll play like that (a) at home; and (b) against the OF. I don’t mind surrendering possession when it’s in ‘Well half. They were going side to side and would rather we were stretched.

If Lawson had just smashed it then we’d be talking about a well executed point where we could’ve won it.

Edited by crispy

16 minutes ago, crispy said:

Not having a go at you, Troy.

I agree we would be much better with Devlin and Dykes in the team. Lawless is obviously a usual starter too.

I don’t think there’s any evidence to suggest we’ll play like that (a) at home; and (b) against the OF. I don’t mind surrendering possession when it’s in ‘Well half. They were going side to side and would rather we were stretched.

If Lawson had just smashed it then we’d be talking about a well executed point where we could’ve won it.

Crispy. You know where our problem lies. Christ Rafa,Dolly Jack to name but a few..They are still our players. At the moment toothless up front.

On the balance of play you could have made a case for any result, win, draw or loss.  First goal was handed to us, Livi did nothing to earn the equaliser, game was won by a break in the box and a good finish.  Happy days?