Forthcoming Fixtures

jamesporter

I'm not a big fan of the new website so far, to be honest.

You used to be able to isolate fixtures and results down to individual clubs, but I can't see any way to do that on the new site.

Also the fixtures are split by competition and the default is the Premiership, so you have more clicks to get to the other leagues instead of having all of the fixtures on one page.

Also next Saturday is West of Scotland Cup day, but you have to change the default to that competition to see those fixtures. If somebody didn't know it was that competition day, then they may assume there are no games.

I preferred the previous way of having all of the fixtures listed, and then being able to isolate them yourself instead of having them isolated already and not being able to see the full day's fixtures/results in one page.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but if they can tweak it then that'd be great.

The East Juniors website allows you to see all of the days games on one page, as seen here - http://www.ultrasoft2.co.uk/ersjfa/ThisWeek.asp

You also used to be able to do that for West fixtures until earlier this week, a small gripe but its annoying to have to load at least 4 different pages to see what games are on tomorrow.

Aside from that it looks better than the previous version.

46 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Prefer the new look as it's a lot sleeker & clean looking.

One minor thing I spotted is Montrose Roselea have Montrose FC's badge.

Yes, it is newer looking, but it takes longer to find the information that you need.

So in that sense it is not a good upgrade yet.

I say "yet", as I expect it will be tweaked to improve it based on the helpful comments that are posted.

Just now, glensmad said:

Yes, it is newer looking, but it takes longer to find the information that you need.

So in that sense it is not a good upgrade yet.

I say "yet", as I expect it will be tweaked to improve it based on the helpful comments that are posted.

I prefer the look of this one however I prefer the details/navigation of the old one.

Being able to see all the results for a day in the one place.

I do like the four mini tables on the one page. Very handy when the West Cup comes around.

But not being able to see a clubs results for the season is not good. You'd have thought having the club name hyperlinked in the league table which leads to the results for the season would have been a good idea for them.

I see they've now removed the referee appointments as the links led to nothing. Was most annoyed when the SFA did away with them and replaced it with the abomination there now.

Hopefully the web masters will take these comments on board and create the options that we have noted above. Certainly all of the fixtures/results for a particular day on one page doesn't seem an unreasonable request, as it was like that on the old site. But individual club fixtures is a real necessity in my opinion.

Totally agree with the above.

As a neutral, for any specific day I want to be able to see all of the West Region's fixtures in one go, to then make my selection which match I'm going to travel to. Previous site was superb for that, and was updated quickly thanks to Kennie, so I would check it several times a week in case of amendments. This new thing requires far too much messing about selecting each by division / cup, and if you don't check ALL the cups, you'd miss any that had been slipped in unnoticed.

At least the North and East stand-alone sites are still there, with full fixture lists by day.

So : prettier (which is of no interest to me). But much clumsier. Fingers crossed for imminent fixes !

In the meantime, this guy compiles by-day fixtures superbly : https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com/