Accies vs Staggies

Our record down at Accies is garbage from memory. We bounced back with a credible result against Hibs after Celtic pumped us so I'd like to hope we'd do the same after Rangers.

Will Grivosti be fit for this one? He struggled against Rangers but Accies aren't anywhere near that level.

Hopefully big Oggy is back for this game as Oakley has been really poor in the last few games. If he's not fit I'd start Davies and get 60 mins out of him. Our midfield continues to lack any creativity whatsoever as Rice continues to play Hughes in there. In some ways it's admirable that he's given the boy a run of games to prove himself rather than do a "Canning" and give him one game then bin him but the truth is the boy offers nothing and I'd rather give Minmaugh another chance as he at least looks like he can pick a pass. Gogic has been a revelation this season and if we can get a creative player in there alongside him our midfield would be so much better. Hopefully Easton back to bolster the defence but RB continues to be a big problem with AJ out. I'm also yet to be convinced by Williams but I doubt Rice will drop him.

Dougie Imrie to come out of retirement and score, Ideally I'd like to see us be a bit braver on the ball and try cut teams open with our passing, with Vigurs being out we've lacked creativity in midfield, I think a 4-2-3-1 would be ideal here with Paton and Henderson both starting alongside Draper in the three central positions in midfield with Gardyne and Mullin either side. Stewart should probably start up front here, wouldn't be opposed to Graham getting the nod though.

1-1 in a game where both teams think about what might have been. 

We've 1 win in 6 (although only 2 defeats in 6, and both to the OF *shrugs*). I'm not particularly confident as, IIRC, County's record at NDP is something like 1 win in 7.  Whilst the first round of fixtures has been decent, a highly respectable 13 points, we really need to win the next two away games - Accies and St. Mirren.

I think County are a weird team at the moment. None of the strikers are particularly adept at playing as an isolated #9, but the midfield doesn't really seem to work unless there's 3 in the middle. 

To summarise: I don't think we'll win but just fucking win, I don't care how.

Decent opportunity for us due to being the only team in the bottom five playing this weekend.

We can only guess as to who'll be fit, but you can make a case for any of our casualties* (Alston, Collar, Easton, Fjortoft, McGowan and Ogkmpoe) coming in if available. That said, I'd give the front four from Wednesday another go as I think there might be something there.

Martin at RB is an issue both positionally and how little he offers going forward, but McGowan looked miles off it against St Johnstone. Hughes isn't up to much but there isn't a clear improvement: Alston can't play deeper, and Hunt and Mimnaugh haven't played since August.

This game is already a Must Win as if Ross County go eight points in front,we will never catch them even at this early stage.

Thus,a big incentive for the Staggies although I don't recall us  losing three in a row under Rice and expect a battling performance -unlike last Saturday.

Rice probably had one eye on this game judging by his team selection on Wednesday and there will be a few changes as is always the case.

Huge game for both clubs, three points are achievable and would be a great boost, for either team. County are so unpredictable at the moment so putting both teams to score on your coupon is the safest bet.

Hopefully Paton comes in for Chalmers for County, Foster goes back to left back and Mullin starts wide right.

Edited by frankthetank22

OFW
Want Stubbs Hamilton McMann
Smith Martin Gogic Cunningham
Oakley Miller

Right-back is obviously an issue, but I'm not massively against that team. A Gogic-Martin midfield duo is going to be fucking chaotic, hopefully in a good way.

Mimnaugh drops out altogether.