Cowdenbeath v Cove Rangers

Cove the better team in midfield and attack, too many options and too much movement for Cowden.

Glass has obviously got a fair bit of ability, but the young lad is far too greedy . It’s a team game of 11 players and you need to involve your team mates.

Fair few arrogant boys in the Cove team, and to be honest lacking in class.

Its their league to lose though as they have spent a fair bit of cash for this level. 
ps that ref is an absolute joke

Edited by big al

11 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Cove 14 different class
We had good chance 2 make it 2-0 but never happened.
Their 2nd goal - unbelievable from ref
Mitch is a w@nker

Yeah. Great chance for young Smith to drill into the corner for 2-0, but he hit it upwards off Cox's hand. A minute later and it's 1-1.

Where do they get these refs? Like the clown on Tuesday. Didn't want to book anyone. Cove players looked like they were more interested in drawing fouls in the box than scoring.

Thought Bollan should have brought Allan and Taylor on much sooner and inject some pace upfront. Wish he would keep Smith on with Allan to see how they link up.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
On 31/10/2019 at 16:57, Brazilianlex said:
Same again from Toddy will do nicely.
two crunching tackles on superstar Mitch who limped off tear stained after 20mins.
loved it.

How did it go today lex?

Well the result wasn’t good but not unexpected given the fat controllers spending.

and Megginson did limp off tho only 15 mins from the end of the game so not all bad 👍

21 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Cove 14 different class
We had good chance 2 make it 2-0 but never happened.
Their 2nd goal - unbelievable from ref
Mitch is a w@nker

I’m not sure I agree

i don’t think he passed the ball all day. Gets the ball, tries to beat everyone and shoots, even Cove fans were getting on his back.

4 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I’m not sure I agree

i don’t think he passed the ball all day. Gets the ball, tries to beat everyone and shoots, even Cove fans were getting on his back.

As I said earlier, far too greedy. Was almost like he had his own ball and nobody else was getting to play with it. A lot to learn to make the grade full time.

16 minutes ago, big al said:

As I said earlier, far too greedy. Was almost like he had his own ball and nobody else was getting to play with it. A lot to learn to make the grade full time.

Agree with that he really needs to learn how to pass or ta least hit the ball first I’d have liked to see Martin Scott get a game earlier as he seems to have a good head for the game.

Cowdenbeath played pretty well though thought their keeper was decent pulled off at least two top drawer saves.

31 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

I’m not sure I agree

Glass is greedy, was going to say at times but actually nearly always. That being said he’s creative and gives a different dynamic to our midfield. Wish he’d pass the damn thing every now and again.

I stand near the dugout at Balmoral and Hartley echoes the same cries as the fans when it comes to him.

6 minutes ago, Toonsers said:

Agree with that he really needs to learn how to pass or ta least hit the ball first I’d have liked to see Martin Scott get a game earlier as he seems to have a good head for the game.

Cowdenbeath played pretty well though thought their keeper was decent pulled off at least two top drawer saves.

Agreed with Glass.

Must be frustrating for Jimmy get the odd 5 minutes here and there.

Got, what’s on paper, should be 2 winnable games at home the next few weeks; Stirling and Brechin. Never as easy as that I know and SA had a good win today.

Wouldn’t mind Hartley going with Mitch and Jimmy up front. See how that goes. Our midfielders do score quite a few and I guess PH feels one up top is what works best.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Agreed with Glass.

Must be frustrating for Jimmy get the odd 5 minutes here and there.

Got, what’s on paper, should be 2 winnable games at home the next few weeks; Stirling and Brechin. Never as easy as that I know and SA had a good win today.

Wouldn’t mind Hartley going with Mitch and Jimmy up front. See how that goes. Our midfielders do score quite a few and I guess PH feels one up top is what works best.

Feel Mitch would benefit from having a second forward upfront with him. It’s almost as if he’s doing double the workout and scoring less because of it. 

Glass is a fantastic player, today was definitely his worst in a Cove shirt so not going to be too critical of him, he did set up the equaliser I think. We wouldn’t be criticising him too much for his lack of passing had he scored another couple of belters today. 

Good result though, third goal was very well worked. Apparently that was the same ref as the play off? Interesting that he made a big mistake again today leading to our goal from the corner 

4 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Feel Mitch would benefit from having a second forward upfront with him. It’s almost as if he’s doing double the workout and scoring less because of it. 

Glass is a fantastic player, today was definitely his worst in a Cove shirt so not going to be too critical of him, he did set up the equaliser I think. We wouldn’t be criticising him too much for his lack of passing had he scored another couple of belters today. 

Good result though, third goal was very well worked. Apparently that was the same ref as the play off? Interesting that he made a big mistake again today leading to our goal from the corner 

I echo those words. Feel that Mitch could benefit from someone else doing some of the leg work. Mitch could make some runs, find space or get some knock ons from Jimmy.

Jimmy is probably the better header of the ball and might get a few goals from our two good wingers in Masson & Aird. 

Glass is capable of belters and will score his fair share throughout the season.

8 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

I wouldn’t say Glass is fantastic he’s got potential but quite often loses the ball because he’s hell bent on having a pop at goal, which is fine if not a bit predictable. A fantastic player would either score from his type of playing or have the savvy to pass it at the right time work in progress ? 

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I echo those words. Feel that Mitch could benefit from someone else doing some of the leg work. Mitch could make some runs, find space or get some knock ons from Jimmy.

Jimmy is probably the better header of the ball and might get a few goals from our two good wingers in Masson & Aird. 

Glass is capable of belters and will score his fair share throughout the season.

That’s a fair assessment