Cowdenbeath v Cove Rangers

1 minute ago, Toonsers said:

I wouldn’t say Glass is fantastic he’s got potential but quite often loses the ball because he’s hell bent on having a pop at goal, which is fine if not a bit predictable. A fantastic player would either score from his type of playing or have the savvy to pass it at the right time work in progress ? 

He’s quality. Hard to find players with that level of creativity. Agreed with what you say somewhat too. Bit of refinement for the young lad, I.e - decision making ultimately

22 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

Feel Mitch would benefit from having a second forward upfront with him. It’s almost as if he’s doing double the workout and scoring less because of it. 

Glass is a fantastic player, today was definitely his worst in a Cove shirt so not going to be too critical of him, he did set up the equaliser I think. We wouldn’t be criticising him too much for his lack of passing had he scored another couple of belters today. 

Good result though, third goal was very well worked. Apparently that was the same ref as the play off? Interesting that he made a big mistake again today leading to our goal from the corner 

No

Steven Kirkland was the official who played advantage following the foul on Jordan Sheerin by the cove keeper.

42 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Why do you sing a song about being from the Highlands? Cove is fucking miles from the Highlands. 

Finally someone agrees with me 😂for the record I never join in that song we’re not even close to the highlands I suspect it’s a throw back to the highland league!

1 hour ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Report.jpg

Yeah that’s embarrassing stuff. You have to think that maybe the whole club needs to grow up a bit based on that - it’s not just the guy writing the report (who is obviously a rabid fan - which is a good thing - but also a bit of a zoomer). These things don’t usually get published without the say-so of at least one senior person and if the clubs management are routinely signing that kind of immature nonsense off, then it says more about the wider organisation than it does about the boy writing the words imo

The latest in a series of embarrassing “Official”  match reports, and even tries to get Megginson a goal he didn’t score as officially given as Todd og.

As a Club, they have a lot of growing up to do. No doubt they will buy the league but it’s all built on one mans money who looks like a good heart attack candidate by the size of him. He could hardly get up the stairs to the Directors box yesterday.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The latest in a series of embarrassing “Official”  match reports, and even tries to get Megginson a goal he didn’t score as officially given as Todd og.

As a Club, they have a lot of growing up to do. No doubt they will buy the league but it’s all built on one mans money who looks like a good heart attack candidate by the size of him. He could hardly get up the stairs to the Directors box yesterday.

It looked like Megginson had scored the goal to me hopefully confirm when the highlights go up.

I’ve been reading match reports for longer than I care to remember. I have never come across drivel like this. Every week it’s the same insular nonsense. I keep on trying to give them the benefit of doubt but the club seems to have a lot of absolute self centred idiots with a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

9 minutes ago, onecowden said:

I’ve been reading match reports for longer than I care to remember. I have never come across drivel like this. Every week it’s the same insular nonsense. I keep on trying to give them the benefit of doubt but the club seems to have a lot of absolute self centred idiots with a ridiculous sense of entitlement.

Problem for them is that many of them seem to believe their own hype. Should be ignored.

2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

I'm quite happy for Megginson to have the goal. 

I don't know if Broxburn's equaliser at Central Park ended up going down as a Todd own goal but that would make it three for the season. 

why the hoo fn ha aboot a fans match report - majority on here are likely capable of the same sort of biased nonsense...yes of course funding is a factor but there are multiple examples e.g. two teams in Dundee, Falkirk and many more down south where money doesn't translate to automatic success.  cove have more than one backer - not exactly a 'community club' but several guys behind the scenes with the ability to pay wages for a few decent players. nae sure if the 'rivalry' thing is mair for the cowden or cove fans benefits - storm in a tea urn i think

25 minutes ago, marello said:

why the hoo fn ha aboot a fans match report - majority on here are likely capable of the same sort of biased nonsense...yes of course funding is a factor but there are multiple examples e.g. two teams in Dundee, Falkirk and many more down south where money doesn't translate to automatic success.  cove have more than one backer - not exactly a 'community club' but several guys behind the scenes with the ability to pay wages for a few decent players. nae sure if the 'rivalry' thing is mair for the cowden or cove fans benefits - storm in a tea urn i think

All I can say is thank f**k you didn’t write it.

1 hour ago, marello said:

Your right, it’s a fans match report but on the club official website.!

We have moved on from the play off, but the Club itself can’t seem to let it go. The revenge Nonsense gets mentioned every time they play us 

For all the cash they spunk away, they are the only team in the league to not feed away team players after a game and the sour grapes against every team who beats them shows a lack of class and a need to grow up as a Club. 
The bizarre thing is the fans seemed to have moved on but Moorhouse and his lackey Sheeran seem intent on keeping it going. 

4 hours ago, marello said:

You've highlighted the Championship and League One in Scotland as examples where budgets don't translate to success. These are two leagues where the team with by far the largest budget are currently top of the league.

In all four SPFL leagues at the moment, the team with the largest budget is top of the league. The Championship is probably the only league where the team with clearly the second largest budget isn't in second place at the moment.

I'm sorry but trying to suggest that player budgets are not by far and away the overwhelmingly most important factor in success on the park is utterly illiterate of the facts. the few decent examples that you could come up with to show teams with lower budgets succeeding are drowned by an absolute avalanche of data showing the incredibly close correlation between budgets and performance.

Edited by Gordon EF