Cowdenbeath v Cove Rangers

Tough game to be sure. Anything except a defeat would be a good result for me. It will also be quite informative. I think Cove have the best squad but do have weaknesses at the back. I’m just glad we are challenging at the top end of the table.

Tbf Cove are probably a soft touch on the pitch these days and that is their biggest flaw. Long gone from the days of Eric Watson sticking the head on people.

Off the field they are still a tear-stained mess when they don't win. Bring back Toorie just to take bodies in the middle of the park.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Can Cowden continue our fantastic home record? Will Cove stretch their lead at the top?  Will there be 3 or 4 red cards?

Discuss.

I don't know, but there could well be a couple of heads gone on this thread/Cove twitter

16 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Same again from Toddy will do nicely.

two crunching tackles on superstar Mitch who limped off tear stained after 20mins.

loved it.

If it happens I wonder if he's hobble off shouting "SHITE CLUB" at the Cowden fans :lol: 

If Cowden defend as well against Cove as they did against City a month ago then you've a great chance of a decent result here against everybody's favourite team!

Just get fired right in aboot them and as Lex says give wee bitch Megginson a few early "challenges" hopefully they won't fancy it.

Both teams to score a certainty on Saturday for me. Dont know why but just cant see cowden winning Saturday hope im wrong though. Coves midfield against ours worrys me for this weekend. Fyvie should be head and shoulders above our midfield but I would re-start Archie Thomas in there and get Robbie back to wing back.

Hopefully sneak a 2-1 win. A draw aint a disaster.

17 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

Will game survive the rain ?
Sat 23rd free for both teams emoji26.png

Crikey, it's started already... Me first home game since the last one attended was initially postponed at the last minute, just as I'd got into a Cowden pub, and the joys of winter begin again!

How's the weather up there at the moment? I know it's looking grim for tomorrow and did have the same thoughts when I checked the weather predictions the other day, but now you've said it you've got me worried!

If it is on, and the pitch is a mess, hopefully that can only work in Cowden's favour against a Cove team familiar with a plastic home pitch. It won't be pretty,  but should certainly be entertaining in shite conditions.

Mon the Coos! Mon the game!

Just started here! Which is probably about as far away as Aberdeen to be fair!

On recent levels of pissy-down'ness and games been called off, what do you reckon? Worse than the Edinburgh game, was it recently, when it also bucketed for a couple of days?

Might need to get me back-up plan sorted if it's likely to be off as the last time I said 'It'll be on', through blind pessimism, it was off!

Anyways, I'm heading to Cowden town to watch United on the telly anyway, so can't wait... and water proofs at the ready. If anything, it's a shorter trip than Bournemouth!

Edited by Drifter

Fingers crossed the game is on, travelling up too, it will be tough, giving the options Cove have got but we need to frustrate them and not give them much space in the midfield, our defence will be well organised im sure for this one, would like Jordan Allan to get more minutes but Rentons height is probably best needed to start with in the game,  a draw would be very good result but the longer its 0-0. the more frustrated they will get & id never rule us out at Central Park against Cove

Martin Scott is prolific at this level? Would like some of what he's having.

The playoff definitely isn't on their minds though. Definitely absolutely not.

w****r.

Would love to beat them but they certainly have more quality than us. Would probably take a point if offered right now. Tough game.

Im sure some of their fans are ok people but they are very bad losers and that match report when they lost to Talbot was funny and bias, they don't take well to losing and pressure, we need to be on them tomorrow, it's tough to expect it from our group to match them for quality, giving their options but at Central Park, if we come with a plan, defend well and fight for everything for 90 minutes, then we can make them toil again, cant make it easy for them, like other sides have