Stenhousemuir vs Queen's Park

On 04/11/2019 at 23:18, Ben Reilly said:

Like you I have no idea whether we are obligated to play Block every week, but I would be disappointed if one of our 'own' boys was dropped after a good performance just to develop another teams player. 

Tommy is on loan to Queen's for the full season. All our players are signed to the end of the season. He has made the same commitment to the club as everyone else.

Tommy is on loan to Queen's for the full season. All our players are signed to the end of the season. He has made the same commitment to the club as everyone else.
Fair enough, but the key word in my post was 'obligated'. I have no problem with Block or any other loan player being in the team on merit of their form/ability.
The point I was making was in response to BYOS post regarding possible playing time conditions of the loan.
To be clear what I mean is I'd be disappointed IF as part of the conditions of the loan we HAD to drop one of our own players who are playing well to make space for a loan player. I have no idea if this is the case, but I hope it isn't.
I do take the point that all players whether on our books or on loan, are only signed up till the end of the season, but many of 'our own' players have been developed by us for a number of years, as opposed to being brought in on loan for the mutual benefit of us and the parent club (and hopefully the player). Hopefully this will change soon and we can secure 'our own' players to longer term deals.
Again, I'm not saying I'm against loan players, nor am I questioning Block's commitment, just commenting on my disapproval of a hypothetical condition of a loan agreement.

I would be fairly sure that there will be absolutely no requirement to play loan players, but you run the risk of them being recalled if you don't. Players' form ebbs and flows; injuries kick in and force changes; changes in tactics - all shake things up. Block is decent and has a wee bit of presence. He'll be back.