Stenhousemuir vs Queen's Park

From what I've been told, I'm not too sure how true this is, Irons said something about how the players should have went out and proved themselves against Penicuik. Marsh replied by saying that they proved themselves against TNS, Cove and Waterford. 

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

From what I've been told, I'm not too sure how true this is, Irons said something about how the players should have went out and proved themselves against Penicuik. Marsh replied by saying that they proved themselves against TNS, Cove and Waterford. 

If that's the balls of it then it's really not worthy of him being dropped or binned from the club. He's been our most consistent player this season. Not saying he's a world beater but we are going to be even weaker without him in the short to medium term.

After the high of Waterford it's amazing how far we have fallen in such a short space of time. We seemed to have an identity and were playing good football and it's went to absolute shit in the last three games. I get that we needed to make a few changes as some players are just not at it but why on earth was Halleran dropped? The wee man has been different class and would have been the last one for me to take a place on the bench.

Albion Rovers away next just makes me shudder. We haven't won there since the late 1920s it feels like.

Edited by Neilly

3 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Calm down. The squad is not good enough and that's nothing to do with DI. We don't know exactly what has been said or what happened so no point in all the conjecture. Marsh has a history of this, I am all for stern management if required, he has been in the defence that lost 4 on tuesday and 3 at penicuik so to say collapse cause he was dropped doesn't really hold up.

We need to make sure we stay up and get rid of the dead wood of which there is plenty.

Also send Dykes back to Morton, an absolute waste of a jersey.

Spot on.

Just watched the highlights as was working all weekend. Did not see that performance coming at all. Mark made some calls but they seemed to work for him this week. The players  looked really up for it. I can only comment on the highlights but Galt, McGrory and Joffrey looked as if they played well. Did we play the 3 of them further forward as the always seemed to be in or around Stenny box. Right decision to drop Gibby in my opinion. The ball seemed to be in the ground more in the highlights and we were driving forward. Good to see the squad positive in their play and Galty back to his best. It's old one game but do we think same team next weekend at home. Can't wait for that one now. 

3 minutes ago, spider1867 said:

Just watched the highlights as was working all weekend. Did not see that performance coming at all. Mark made some calls but they seemed to work for him this week. The players  looked really up for it. I can only comment on the highlights but Galt, McGrory and Joffrey looked as if they played well. Did we play the 3 of them further forward as the always seemed to be in or around Stenny box. Right decision to drop Gibby in my opinion. The ball seemed to be in the ground more in the highlights and we were driving forward. Good to see the squad positive in their play and Galty back to his best. It's old one game but do we think same team next weekend at home. Can't wait for that one now. 

They pressed high the whole game and everybody was at it from the whistle. He had Joffrey wider than normal so there was good action up both wings and a fair bit via McGrory through the middle. Joffers and Galty swapped sides for a bit too just to mix it up. Luke Main was what was badly missing last week, totally controlled the middle section. Little and Jamieson were outstanding and Clark too in the sweeper role. The wing backs still attacked a lot but from a deeper position and the two wing midfielders stayed wide to give them a much needed link support and in turn they stayed higher to support Sal. Billy Mortimer spent the afternoon answering his critics too. 

Someone said to me a few weeks back that Roberts won't change his style. Well he did and we had a stonking performance. Some of it would have been reactive motivation but the dominance of the game, and a formation similar to the start of the season, surely means this is the best set up for this group of players. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you improve upon them that counts. Now we know how high the bar can go it's consistency that'll be the bigger test on Saturday,

1 hour ago, spider1867 said:

Same team for confidence and reward. 

Not sure how these loan agreements work with regard to game time but it would be harsh and demotivating for Billy if he was benched this week. 
I am hoping that it's the same 11 that start on Saturday.
I would have thought that IF Block was brought back in it would be back in centre mid in place of Main as I dont think he would be played as a wing back as Billy was.
Like you I have no idea whether we are obligated to play Block every week, but I would be disappointed if one of our 'own' boys was dropped after a good performance just to develop another teams player. Different if he would improve our team, but for me we should stick with the team that won at Stenny.
Also, dont know if Block will be fit by Saturday, is there not a minimum period a player has to sit out after a concussion?

I am hoping that it's the same 11 that start on Saturday.

I would have thought that IF Block was brought back in it would be back in centre mid in place of Main as I dont think he would be played as a wing back as Billy was.

Like you I have no idea whether we are obligated to play Block every week, but I would be disappointed if one of our 'own' boys was dropped after a good performance just to develop another teams player. Different if he would improve our team, but for me we should stick with the team that won at Stenny.

Also, dont know if Block will be fit by Saturday, is there not a minimum period a player has to sit out after a concussion?

I’ve read before that it’s 1-2 weeks before a player is given the green light. Quick google search gave me the same answer.

I think it shows a level of professionalism to be honest. Quite a few part time teams do it now. No big deal if you don't do it but I reckon the players like it. Maybe massages there egos a bit.
Cheers. Wee bit more of the ego thing than looking professional, I reckon.

9 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

I think it shows a level of professionalism to be honest. Quite a few part time teams do it now. No big deal if you don't do it but I reckon the players like it. Maybe massages there egos a bit.

Squads of nineteen players running around with "44" on their back. It just looks like wee teams trying to be big teams and failing.