Stenhousemuir vs Queen's Park

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

You are a mediocre team. Everyone apart from the top two are mediocre at best and probably in most cases (certainly ourselves) that's probably a compliment.

Looks like we are back to square one. Everyone is off the boil and if it's true Marshy and Irons have fell out it doesn't bode well moving forward. Least we will have the Tunnocks Trophy in the cabinet if we do end up in the Lowland League.

you'd also have derbies against those Shire funsters to look forward to as well....! :thumsup2

A fucking pumping today. Queen's Park strolled through the match and thoroughly deserved their victory but we offered nothing. Other than an Andy Munro header that flashed over the crossbar, I don't think we had an attempt on goal. The defending was horrendous, the midfield non-existent and the strikeforce waif-like. Awful stuff.
Something's not right at Ochilview at the moment. For all the excitement after the wins over Cove Rangers and Waterford, they seemed to have papered over some cracks and there are deep-seated issues that need sorted out.That's three consecutive defeats, 10 goals conceded and some truly alarming moments. Apparently David Marsh left the club during the match after falling out with Davie Irons. I hope we can remain competitive for the time being before turning over the squad in January - because boy, do we need it!
Marsh in spitting the dummy shocker. Guy seems a bit of a dick in spite of being a competent player at this level.

Great overall performance, easiest game Muir has had for us, all I remember him having to do was one punch in the first half and catch a cross in the second. Just shows how good and solid the back 3 were, also liked the no nonsense attitude, if unsure belt it out the ground. Wing backs full of running, closing down the Stenny players along with the midfield. A special mention for Lidouren, who in the first half was head and shoulders above everybody else on the pitch (a definite for a new contract if/when we turn pro). Up front Salim was a strong presence and took his goal really well and Galt was really good, especially setting up our second goal.

Nothing to fear against Brechin and if we play with the same level of intensity we should get the 3 points.

Edited by PeterParker

There is something seriously wrong within the club at the moment. Games against Cove, TNS and Waterford appeared to show we were on the right track but the last three games have been a complete and utter joke. There is no commitment or fight about the team and the fact that the only effort on goal we had was a Munro header says it all.  It was performances like that that got the last manager the sack.  You cannot go from being committed to what has been on offer in the last 3 games without serious questions being asked.  Someone asked who the other candidates were when McMenamen was sacked but that is something we will never be told.

A few weeks ago in a newspaper interview Irons said he had a few players lined up - I seriously hope they were not Armstrong ands McBride.

Munro's booking yesterday takes him either onto or very close to a suspension and if it is true about Marsh then who is going to play centre half?

Really pissed off with what we are being served up at this time.

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

There is something seriously wrong within the club at the moment. Games against Cove, TNS and Waterford appeared to show we were on the right track but the last three games have been a complete and utter joke. There is no commitment or fight about the team and the fact that the only effort on goal we had was a Munro header says it all.  It was performances like that that got the last manager the sack.  You cannot go from being committed to what has been on offer in the last 3 games without serious questions being asked.  Someone asked who the other candidates were when McMenamen was sacked but that is something we will never be told.

A few weeks ago in a newspaper interview Irons said he had a few players lined up - I seriously hope they were not Armstrong ands McBride.

Munro's booking yesterday takes him either onto or very close to a suspension and if it is true about Marsh then who is going to play centre half?

Really pissed off with what we are being served up at this time.

Should be decent players lined up.

your chairman seems fond of spouting about how much money your club has.

3 hours ago, CEMSFC said:

Apparently Marsh made a comment after the Penicuik game, which Davie didn't like. He's dropped Marsh to set an example to the rest of the team.

Weakening the defence to the point of collapse is not setting an example - it's reckless, borderline incompetent, management.

Doesn’t matter who we played yesterday, anybody in the league would have beaten us easily.

Dammit! And there was me thinking we played a high press, sustained for 90 minutes, forced Stenny to make mistakes, won first and second balls and took our chances well.

It’s a funny old game, right enough.

Folk get very touchy when they are told their team isn't barca esque. Queens Park are rubbish, were worse and Queens deserved the win. Both teams will be floundering around 7th this year at best. Which I would take at this moment which sums it up.

Folk get very touchy when they are told their team isn't barca esque. Queens Park are rubbish, were worse and Queens deserved the win. Both teams will be floundering around 7th this year at best. Which I would take at this moment which sums it up.

Camelon-esque would have been good enough.

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Wasn't expecting tears on this thread tbh

No team in the division is mediocre. More's the pity as probably all but the top four are much of a muchness. The six are all in danger of doing a Berwick and dying at the arse end of the season, finishing bottom and slogging it out with an upwardly mobile Bonnyrigg or whoever. Even Cowden are not that great.

The QP president said recently that getting up a division and staying there has to be the short term objective, and he's right. One bad season could well see a further winnowing out of the auld guard clubs.

For what it's worth, Stenie are on a par with Brechin's pishness on my limited observations this year. Both are stacks ahead of Berwick last year. But someone has to finish bottom.

3 hours ago, Sarge Bullman said:

Weakening the defence to the point of collapse is not setting an example - it's reckless, borderline incompetent, management.

If that is indeed the case then the board really need to look closely at the appoinment they have made.  Wonder how he reacts in his daytime job when someone makes a comment to him in the street that he does not like.  If comments have been made after a game then he needs to look and understand why they have been made or is it the case that he cannot accept criticism.  He is the manager it is his team selection that has played like headless chickens for 3 games now or  he has lost the dressingroom already?  Saturday will be very interesting.

Very chuffed after yesterday. Massive reaction required after the poor run of games. Great opportunity to kick on and get another 3 points on Saturday.

It’s been tricky picking a MOTM in recent weeks because they’re all guff, but yesterday was the opposite. Struggling to pull anyone out. Everyone a cut above Stenny. I’d like to see the exact same team and formation next week. Build some consistency. Only exception would perhaps be Block back in the mix.

I thought the back line was solid. I’ve always preferred Billy in at right back. Clarke was outstanding in-between big Nicky and Little. Summers looked like he had something to prove against his old club.

I think Stenny fans have been quite harsh. I thought they defended well at Hampden but we were on fire yesterday.

Enjoyed the terrace yesterday too. Not sure how we all used to fit in that one stand. Well done QP[emoji106]

If that is indeed the case then the board really need to look closely at the appoinment they have made.  Wonder how he reacts in his daytime job when someone makes a comment to him in the street that he does not like.  If comments have been made after a game then he needs to look and understand why they have been made or is it the case that he cannot accept criticism.  He is the manager it is his team selection that has played like headless chickens for 3 games now or  he has lost the dressingroom already?  Saturday will be very interesting.
Calm down. The squad is not good enough and that's nothing to do with DI. We don't know exactly what has been said or what happened so no point in all the conjecture. Marsh has a history of this, I am all for stern management if required, he has been in the defence that lost 4 on tuesday and 3 at penicuik so to say collapse cause he was dropped doesn't really hold up.

We need to make sure we stay up and get rid of the dead wood of which there is plenty.

Also send Dykes back to Morton, an absolute waste of a jersey.

28 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:

Calm down. The squad is not good enough and that's nothing to do with DI. We don't know exactly what has been said or what happened so no point in all the conjecture. Marsh has a history of this, I am all for stern management if required, he has been in the defence that lost 4 on tuesday and 3 at penicuik so to say collapse cause he was dropped doesn't really hold up.

We need to make sure we stay up and get rid of the dead wood of which there is plenty.

Also send Dykes back to Morton, an absolute waste of a jersey.

Point taken. We don't know what the nature of Marshs' comment was. Irons may have been left with no choice but to fire him, although i'm hearing from some that it has been something of an overreaction.

The decision to remove Marsh has left us extremely light in central defence. We didn't name a full squad yesterday so to further deplete it doesn't make any logical sense at all unless as I said previously the player has went beyond the pale.

For what it's worth, Marsh hasn't been any worse that his CH partner this season which, if anything, is actually an even bigger disappointment