Stenhousemuir vs Queen's Park

Hope so. I admit I'm somewhat losing faith in the current setup, but one win can change it all. Quinno scoring two late goals at Cliftonhill, when we should have been 4-0 down, always springs to mind. We'd been put out of the cup by Bo'ness and on a pretty dreadful run. Think we went ten or eleven unbeaten on the back of that.

That’s a better reminder of faith than my Fergie story. Whoever’s playing today it needs to be 90 mins.

Hope so. I admit I'm somewhat losing faith in the current setup, but one win can change it all. Quinno scoring two late goals at Cliftonhill, when we should have been 4-0 down, always springs to mind. We'd been put out of the cup by Bo'ness and on a pretty dreadful run. Think we went ten or eleven unbeaten on the back of that.
Bring back Quinno!!!

Night and day. Completely controlled the game. Striker scoring from a deadball and two midfielders finishing well from passing play. And a rock solid clean sheet. Couldn’t ask for more.

Marko needed a big response and he got it. Good decision not to interrupt the flow with substitutions until very late on. Superb team performance. Lidouren immense again, Main, Mortimer, Little, Clark, Sal all above average. Jamieson MotM on a day when there was plenty of candidates.

A fucking pumping today. Queen's Park strolled through the match and thoroughly deserved their victory but we offered nothing. Other than an Andy Munro header that flashed over the crossbar, I don't think we had an attempt on goal. The defending was horrendous, the midfield non-existent and the strikeforce waif-like. Awful stuff.

Something's not right at Ochilview at the moment. For all the excitement after the wins over Cove Rangers and Waterford, they seemed to have papered over some cracks and there are deep-seated issues that need sorted out.That's three consecutive defeats, 10 goals conceded and some truly alarming moments. Apparently David Marsh left the club during the match after falling out with Davie Irons. I hope we can remain competitive for the time being before turning over the squad in January - because boy, do we need it!

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Good result for QP today.After seeing stenny beat us 3-2 when they looked lively and a threat I must admit I thought they’d win today at home. How very wrong. What went wrong stenny fans?

Only team in my coupon that let me down!

I went to see them last week at Penicuick and seriously thought they would struggle to win a game in the EOS league never mind league 2 they really were terrible.  3 shots 0 on target today according to BBC.

Superb performance from the entire team, not one player played below par. I’ve always wanted to see Luke Main play more often because in his sporadic appearances I’ve been extremely impressed and today he was outstanding. Agressive and positive on the ball, made such a difference.
I would give man of the match to Lidouren though. He absolutely ran the show and was a joy to watch, particularly the first half. He’s got everything you want in a midfielder

Edited by qpfc

For the first time in 50 years I walked out in disgust after the 3rd goal.   No shots on target, no commitment, little effort an absoluite disgrace.  We seemed incapable of penetrating the QP defence and were clearly there for the taking by what looked like a mediocre team - no offence to QP.  What was galling was at 2 - 0 down there was no urgency to make a substitution.  If that is true about Marsh then that is a disgrace considering how poor Armstrong looked and given the fact that Munro is a liability when he tries to play football.

Something rotten about the club just now.  The way Irons was convieniently available when the board decided to ditch McMenamen would appear to show that this was pre planned.  Were there no other candidates available and what will happen if his role in the police changes and requires him to work weekends and shifts?

Too many players have went of the boil.  McGuigan has lost his way,  Cook blows hot and cold, McLaughlan is not a full back and this shows week in week out and we have no back up if our midfield is not firing. Still to see what exactly Dykes offers to the team.

Massive game against Albion Rovers next week.

Edited by Moonglum25

We seemed incapable of penetrating the QP defence and were clearly there for the taking by what looked like a mediocre team - no offence to QP. .

FFS, I'd hate to read what you say when you're aiming to give offence.

We might not be great but we're certainly not mediocre.

1 hour ago, wullie robb said:

I went to see them last week at Penicuick and seriously thought they would struggle to win a game in the EOS league never mind league 2 they really were terrible.  3 shots 0 on target today according to BBC.

It’s a frustrating game to follow at times! Must be disheartening to see your team look strong and full of goals for a few weeks and then slump to a few bad defeats in a row. 

With Hopkirk, McGuigan,Halleran and others I thought you’d be banging them in. Didn’t see today’s defeat coming or the Penicuik match for that matter.

All the best for the next few games.

1 hour ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

A fucking pumping today. Queen's Park strolled through the match and thoroughly deserved their victory but we offered nothing. Other than an Andy Munro header that flashed over the crossbar, I don't think we had an attempt on goal. The defending was horrendous, the midfield non-existent and the strikeforce waif-like. Awful stuff.

Something's not right at Ochilview at the moment. For all the excitement after the wins over Cove Rangers and Waterford, they seemed to have papered over some cracks and there are deep-seated issues that need sorted out.That's three consecutive defeats, 10 goals conceded and some truly alarming moments. Apparently David Marsh left the club during the match after falling out with Davie Irons. I hope we can remain competitive for the time being before turning over the squad in January - because boy, do we need it!

Sounds like a different side to the one that beat us. Get back to that form and you’d beat most in our league!

1 hour ago, Moonglum25 said:

For the first time in 50 years I walked out in disgust after the 3rd goal.   No shots on target, no commitment, little effort an absoluite disgrace.  We seemed incapable of penetrating the QP defence and were clearly there for the taking by what looked like a mediocre team - no offence to QP.  

Wake up and smell the roses. You were awful! A mediocre team tore you to shreds. How bad does that make you. No offence to Stenie.

You are a mediocre team. Everyone apart from the top two are mediocre at best and probably in most cases (certainly ourselves) that's probably a compliment.

Looks like we are back to square one. Everyone is off the boil and if it's true Marshy and Irons have fell out it doesn't bode well moving forward. Least we will have the Tunnocks Trophy in the cabinet if we do end up in the Lowland League.