Hallowe'en thread

ICTChris

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

It's Guising. Get this trick or treating in the sea. And yea, it's turned into another money grab for the supermarkets.

Fair play to those who make there own costumes but the off the peg numbers just don't cut it

It was always called 'Galoshans' around these parts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-15520443/galoshans-replace-trick-or-treating-in-greenock

Edited by Slenderman

I didn't go out for Halloween when I was younger because my parents are Christian and were against celebrating Halloween. 😂

I was never fussed about Halloween anyway, but my nephew loves it. He went out dressed as Gene Simmons from KISS a few years ago and dressed like Live Aid era Freddie Mercury (complete with fake moustache) last year.

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

I didn't go out for Halloween when I was younger because my parents are Christian and were against celebrating Halloween. 😂

I was never fussed about Halloween anyway, but my nephew loves it. He went out dressed as Gene Simmons from KISS a few years ago and dressed like Live Aid era Freddie Mercury (complete with fake moustache) last year.

Your Maw.

images (6).jpeg

I'm not an angry individual because my mother never dressed up at Halloween. I'm an angry individual because I have to share the world with creepy men (and women) who dress up on Halloween. 

Edited by Dele

4 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

FT for our Kilmarnock correspondents, does anyone of you know why that is the case??

Halloween was always the last Friday (and still is)

My gran says it started back when Killie was a heavily industrial town and there were tons of big factories. Kids went out the last Friday as they knew they'd be getting better sweets/even money when they went round the doors. it's just stuck.

Pubs are fucking mobbed in Killie at Hallloween.

2 hours ago, sjc said:

Probably explains why you're such an angry individual.

Anyway, in Japan they follow the American Halloween theme where all the teachers dress up. 

Probably scared that if they don't they'll be nuked again.

11 minutes ago, Dele said:

I'm not an angry individual because my mother never dressed up at Halloween. I'm an angry individual because I have to share the world with creepy men (and women) who dress up on Halloween. 

It really isn't worth getting angry over. Seriously, life's too short.

27 minutes ago, sjc said:

It really isn't worth getting angry over. Seriously, life's too short.

I'll continue "getting angry" over grown adults needing watched and you can continue dressing up and sweating in rooms of Japanese school children, thank you very much. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I'll continue "getting angry" over grown adults needing watched and you can continue dressing up and sweating in rooms of Japanese school children, thank you very much. 

No longer an issue thankfully, I'm fully acclimatised these days.

2 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Thats what Mrs Mullarkey calls it.

I presumed it was some kind of Balloch/Gaelic word for lighting your fags off the cooker ring.