Subcontracting Hitman Shambles

Big Gus

https://boingboing.net/2019/10/24/five-hitmen-jailed-after-tryin.html?

Summary. A Chinese businessman pays a hitman to take out a rival. The hitman subcontracts the job to another hitman who then subcontracts the murder to another hitman who decides instead to meet the target and plan a fake death so everyone gets paid and no one gets hurt.

The target instead goes to the cops and all get done.

Have any p&bers ever taken out a professional contract hit only for subcontracting of the job to lead them to a spell in jail?

Guest Moomintroll

https://boingboing.net/2019/10/24/five-hitmen-jailed-after-tryin.html?

Summary. A Chinese businessman pays a hitman to take out a rival. The hitman subcontracts the job to another hitman who then subcontracts the murder to another hitman who decides instead to meet the target and plan a fake death so everyone gets paid and no one gets hurt.

The target instead goes to the cops and all get done.

Have any p&bers ever taken out a professional contract hit only for subcontracting of the job to lead them to a spell in jail?
I think that might have been what actually happened to chigsy.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

As somebody who has attempted DIY myself, I strongly disagree with your post.

Here is a gate that I made at the weekend.

Door.JPG.b3b860f2f9cd81bd75ea7d4b69336c8a.JPG

A man after my own heart. That should be good enough to exempt you for the foreseeable future. An absolutely shite effort, well done!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danton

Worth checking out Mike Danton's story. He was playing in the NHL when he approached an individual, who turned out to be a  police dispatcher, to try to arrange a hit on his agent. Danton has since claimed that the target was actually his father and it was previously suggested that the target was his former junior hockey coach. The guy played university hockey in Canada after release - where he was studying criminology. He attended to an opponent who had been knocked out on the ice, saving him from choking.

He nearly ended up in the UK when Coventry Blaze tried to sign him but Danton was refused a UK work permit because of his conviction for conspiracy to murder.

I read The Day of the Jackal when I was 13 or 14 and decided then and there that I wanted to be a professional hit man. Never got around to it but I suppose it isn't too late to get started. If any P&B'ers need somebody bumped off, PM me and we'll discuss fees.

16 hours ago, Detournement said:

Surely if you are a hitman and some random punter says "i'll give you 10 grand to kill X" you say  "How about you give me 10 grand and I won't kill you?"

Really what are they going to do?

12 hours ago, Cerberus said:

How are you going to build up a client base with that attitude?

my thoughts exactly - an unsustainable business model as it stands; might be an idea to go to the mooted target and saying that "potential client X wants you killed and have offered me (the relevant sum*) to carry out the deed - how much will you pay me to kill them, instead ?" then simply murder the lowest bidder, thus ensuring that you both maximise your income and retain one satisfied customer - alternatively, report back to your first point of contact and initiate a bidding war for your services

*you could even fib about the amounts of money involved, thereby artificially driving up the price(s), but this may not be very ethical...

16 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I read The Day of the Jackal when I was 13 or 14 and decided then and there that I wanted to be a professional hit man. Never got around to it but I suppose it isn't too late to get started. If any P&B'ers need somebody bumped off, PM me and we'll discuss fees.

I can imagine some hitman reading this and groaning "here we go again.  Some new guy reads one book and thinks he knows everything.  No idea of all the hours and the training and everything.  If I don't do something he is going to be cutting into my action and I can't have that".

Maybe unlikely but I suggest you keep your head low for a while - just in case.

Edited by Fullerene

16 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I'm largely out of the game these days as I work in the locality identification office now, but if you're serious then swing by a Continental Hotel sometime.  The concierge can get you in touch with me upon arrival.