Aberdeen v Killie

Even Calvin Zola scored 3 times for us. It was a lovely goal from Main (and a terrific run and cross from Ferguson) but one swallow doth not a summer make. I’ll reserve my judgement.

Sounds a good performance against a team with no centre backs. Cosgrove continuing his goal scoring is more important to me imo

37 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Even Calvin Zola scored 3 times for us. It was a lovely goal from Main (and a terrific run and cross from Ferguson) but one swallow doth not a summer make. I’ll reserve my judgement.

Sounds a good performance against a team with no centre backs. Cosgrove continuing his goal scoring is more important to me imo

Didn’t make the game but watched on Alba the whole 90 yesterday at 6.

Not quite getting all the praise for Main, didn’t think he was up to much although he took his goal really well.

41 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

We really missed Dicker and El Makrini alongside Power in midfield, think we all knew we'd struggle a bit given our lack of central defenders, i'm sure we'll bounce back.
I was really impressed with Lewis Ferguson yesterday.

Have yet to see the highlights but no idea how he managed to get through the crowd to have his shot cleared off the line.

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Have yet to see the highlights but no idea how he managed to get through the crowd to have his shot cleared off the line.

Good feet and tenacity although the shot was possibly drifting wide of post before headed away.

Fully expected that result unfortunately, zero centre halfs and 1 of the deputes making his first appearance in about a year.  Dicker slotting in at CB is normally ok if hes got a CB next to him but he looked nowhere. All 3 goals very avoidable, 1st especially doesn't happen with a centre back there.  

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 15:22, Sheep62 said:

Took the words right out of my mouth

What a total shitfest that was

Expect marginally better and Dons to win by odd goal in three

As soon as I saw the team I knew we were in for a long game. Bare bones.

Still an enjoyable trip though!

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:26, kingjoey said:

That was a really enjoyable afternoon. Killie had a couple of decent opportunities in the first half, but over the 90 odd minutes we had more, much more. Ferguson was superb again today, after his man of the match performance on Wednesday. I’m maybe being harsh on him, but didn’t think that Curtis Main had that good a match, although it was a great goal that he scored. I thought that he tried to beat players too often, and didn’t beat any of them. Nice to see McKenna get yet another goal against Killie, he really enjoyed that one today. And I’ve no idea why Cosgrove didn’t get two penalties in the second half. Two incredible decisions.

I’d like to credit the Killie fans for coming up in bigger numbers than most, 400 ish, and they did stay behind their team to the end. However, what is the obsession with Rangers? I thought that we were obsessed, but Killie fans took it to a new level today. The songs that I can remember;  

something about the h*** dying again,

Your Manager’s a H**

Derek McInnes is a H**

Are You Rangers in Disguise

Go Home You H***.

And there may have been more that I missed or have forgotten.

Npbody likes **** mate, I don't even think they like themselves.

Enjoyable win, though clearly benefited from Kilmarnock's defensive problems.  Kilmarnock had a decent spell towards the end of the first half, where their inability to make it count was probably the decisive factor in the comfortable win in the end.

Having seen the two second half penalty incidents again, both of them look like shocking calls from Clancy and the far side linesman.  These things get little publicity when you win 3-0, but our GD is a shambles due to our bigot brother capitulations !   

The first one is very clearcut, and the second one was exactly the same shove in the back he gave a free kick for five seconds later, because it happened outside the box. 

Main looked encouragingly okay, until McInnes shifted him wide in the second half for reasons best known to himself.

Ferguson, and potentially Cosgrove, have both now possibly overtaken McKenna in players we may actually get a lot of dosh for.

Guest Bob Mahelp
18 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Enjoyable win, though clearly benefited from Kilmarnock's defensive problems.  Kilmarnock had a decent spell towards the end of the first half, where their inability to make it count was probably the decisive factor in the comfortable win in the end.

Having seen the two second half penalty incidents again, both of them look like shocking calls from Clancy and the far side linesman.  These things get little publicity when you win 3-0, but our GD is a shambles due to our bigot brother capitulations !   

The first one is very clearcut, and the second one was exactly the same shove in the back he gave a free kick for five seconds later, because it happened outside the box. 

Main looked encouragingly okay, until McInnes shifted him wide in the second half for reasons best known to himself.

Ferguson, and potentially Cosgrove, have both now possibly overtaken McKenna in players we may actually get a lot of dosh for.

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Cosgrove.

When he gets the service, he's a real handful, and certainly the best forward in the Premiership outside the OF. His control and first touch are good and he has decent pace for a big guy.

He's not just all about headers in the box, as his goal at Fir Park and 20 yard shot against the post on Saturday showed. His physical size does make him a real problem for defenders, and you can actually see the improvement in his game as time goes on.  On top of that he has an excellent mentality, a good football brain and he's getting sharper almost by the week.

That's 37 goals in his last 63 games.  Not bad for a 22 year old who only cost us a few grand.

And we've got him on a long term contract....good business by McInnes. 

10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Cosgrove.

When he gets the service, he's a real handful, and certainly the best forward in the Premiership outside the OF. His control and first touch are good and he has decent pace for a big guy.

He's not just all about headers in the box, as his goal at Fir Park and 20 yard shot against the post on Saturday showed. His physical size does make him a real problem for defenders, and you can actually see the improvement in his game as time goes on.  On top of that he has an excellent mentality, a good football brain and he's getting sharper almost by the week.

That's 37 goals in his last 63 games.  Not bad for a 22 year old who only cost us a few grand.

And we've got him on a long term contract....good business by McInnes. 

McInnes must stay!

Cosgrove is, IMVHO, at his current level a better all round striker than Rooney ever was. Obviously Rooney will always be a hero for the mountains of goals scored, and Cosgrove’s got a way to go to emulate that, but in terms of player for player, peak Cosgrove > peak Rooney.

Jayden Stockley was leading the line for top of the table Preston NE at the weekend, and Cosgrove’s better than he ever was up here.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Rooney was at his peak in around 2014-2016, when Hayes and McGinn were firing in 50 crosses a game at him.  

When they left the club, Rooney struggled as he had no real all-round game or pace to compensate. 

Rooney was great goal poacher, Cosgrove is a much better all-round player.  And hopefully can only get better. 

On 04/11/2019 at 13:16, tarapoa said:

The second penalty would have been soft but you're right, a free kick was given immediately after to Kilmarnock for the same offence.

McInnes went to a 3 man midfield as Dicker had moved in there and he was worried about them getting more of a foothold in there.