New Scotland Home Kit

Lyle Lanley

It isn't a bad shirt and might look better in the flesh, but it has the away kits blue shorts and socks which are a different shade of blue.

2 things with this, firstly it looks shite in this combonation the shirt would have been so better with white shorts and red socks.

Secondly and this is well and truely grasping at straws and living in the past. Scotland qualify for world cups in red socks and euros in blue socks. This kit will see us through the next wcq shambles of a campaign. 

Its not bad i suppose and it continues Adidas 's release theme if you look at the likes of the new Belgium and Spain kits they are trying re create the retro look but for me the worst thing is that its only for 1 year as you will see from below so you think why bother clearly releasing tops just for the Euro's nothing else. 

Screenshot_20191111-090958_Chrome.jpg

20 minutes ago, clydebank kopite said:

Its not bad i suppose and it continues Adidas 's release theme if you look at the likes of the new Belgium and Spain kits they are trying re create the retro look but for me the worst thing is that its only for 1 year as you will see from below so you think why bother clearly releasing tops just for the Euro's nothing else. 

Screenshot_20191111-090958_Chrome.jpg

It's a two year cycle, the next kit will be released November 2021.

The Adidas/JD Sports deal was extended last year until 2022.  So in theory this new kit should run until end of WC Qualifying, ie November 2021.  Then either another new kit under another extended deal, or a new supplier.

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

.... because it looks like pub team off-the-shelf cheap shite?

As opposed to the one we have? An off the shelf pub team shirt would be better than the faded, unmatched shite that's currently on offer. 

If you think we're getting a bespoke number you're aff yer nut

I can’t understand the offence at the red and white sleeves. If you don’t like the design then fine but some amount of ‘England ‘ and ‘Britain’ comments when historically we’ve played with white shorts and red socks.

Does it really matter where the colours are? It’s not the first time we’ve had red and white in the kit.

I think it’s OK but would have preferred white shorts.

I can’t understand the offence at the red and white sleeves. If you don’t like the design then fine but some amount of ‘England ‘ and ‘Britain’ comments when historically we’ve played with white shorts and red socks.
Does it really matter where the colours are? It’s not the first time we’ve had red and white in the kit.
I think it’s OK but would have preferred white shorts.

I’m assuming the blue shorts are to do with the UEFA rules about “one colour kits” for televised tournaments - if that’s still a thing.

My offence is that it’s a genuinely disgusting kit, whereas Adidas have generally been alright for Scotland.