New Scotland Home Kit

Lyle Lanley

On 05/03/2020 at 21:15, pub car king said:

The women today were wearing he home shirt and the white shorts and socks from this kit looked a lot better than all blue.

Got to agree, I hate seeing Scotland in all blue. Blue top, white shorts, red socks.

Got to agree, I hate seeing Scotland in all blue. Blue top, white shorts, red socks.
I'd usually agree, but the 14-15 home kit was really nice with blue shorts and dark red socks. I'm not sure that would've been improved by white shorts.

The original pic of the away strip looked stinking and cheap but seeing it on a player with the shorts and socks it actually looks well better, it's better than the home top which can be filed in the all time Scottish Bouffin Strips category.

I agree on the shorts and socks, they should ALWAYS be white shorts and red socks! If they had just made that new home top all plain navy blue with the white shorts and red socks it would have been a total belter, but sadly we've been left with this total snider!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

A Scotland strip should always be, blue shirt, white shorts and red socks. I’m auld and traditional that way

Red socks arent traditonal at all. They only became the default first kit in 1973 and only for 17 years until 1990.

They were only worn with one kit over the next 18 years to 2008.

Since then have been worn about 50% of the time.

On 19/04/2020 at 23:59, invergowrie arab said:

Red socks arent traditonal at all. They only became the default first kit in 1973 and only for 17 years until 1990.

They were only worn with one kit over the next 18 years to 2008.

Since then have been worn about 50% of the time.

Red socks were worn with three kits after 1990.m up to 2008.

The last two Umbro kits In 96 (the qualifiers for WC 98), and WC 98 and the qualifiers for Euros in 2000. It was a while after that though when they reappeared with the 2008 diadora kits for the WC qualifiers.